Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A Truly Enjoyable Experience!


I have to say...so far I am so glad we made the decision to homeschool. I know we have just begun...but already I am enjoying it and the kids seem to love it as well. Madelyn totally thrives on the attention and praise for her work! She had been unsure if she would actually enjoy homeschooling...I asked her today if she does...and she looked up at me with a huge grin! I'll take that as a "yes!" LOL!
Xavier went to my dad's garage to "work" today. It is such a great learning experience for him and he really enjoys it. I work on worksheets and learning things with him as his attention permits. He just turned 5 and still loves to run! LOL His attention span is short...but that is OK...cuz learning at home enables to me to work with him at his speed!
Jaxson wants to do "school" too....so he works on coloring pages and playing with blocks.....



And look what a sweet sister....Madelyn helped Jaxson clean up his blocks...without even having to be asked! What a sweet blessing that was. Sometimes clean up can be a "fight" with my kids. I dread it. Moments like this are just sooo wonderful to me!

A huge thank you to everyone who has helped, encouraged and supported me through the beginning of this journey. A little over 6 months ago, I think, I was really contemplating homeschooling...but just wasn't sure if it was what we should do. After prayer and loving advice from others...Chris and I decided this would be something we should definitely try out! I was so overwhelmed before....but I have had such great help from you all and some family and friends here at home....that I truly feel this is the direction God wanted us to go! I pray it continues to go well and that as the kids get used to the routine....it will get even better as the year goes by!!! Yippee!!! I hope you all have a beautiful Wednesday!!! xoxo

21 comments:

  1. Looks like a great day for everyone! Glad to hear it went well. Have a wonderful 2nd day! :)

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you! What a blessing!! I'm so happy to hear it's going well for you and your family. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy you're loving it! Being as organized as you are, it will be a great success! I can't wait to read more!

    Have a great Wednesday
    God bless,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you are enjoying it. I love that J wanted to do school work also. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're doing great with the homeschooling Katy, I only hope I can do as well when I take the plunge....I'm thinking of doing it next year but I get way too nervous and worried that I won't know what the heck I'm doing LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun to get to spend time with your kids while they are learning new things and you can know what is going into them. This is my 4th year and I still love it. Hope you will have a great week. Blessings, karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you had a GREAT first day!!! The kids look like they are enjoying themselves!! Have a great 2nd day my friend!!~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Katy,I`m so happy that homeschooling is working out for you!! Your making such beautiful memories with your children:) Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you had a great start! God bless you in your journey with home schooling. I'm finding great rewards already for us. Though it isn't always easy for me with the littler ones - I get very frustrated by interruptions so I'm trying to be more flexible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear it went well. I pray that you will continue to have days like yesterday.
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've made a wonderful decision to homeschool! We're planning on homeschooling, too, when the girls are older. I hope the rest of the year goes wonderfully for you. Your children look like they're having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Even though my daughter now attends public high school, I homeschooled from 2nd-6th grade.

    I'm so happy to hear that you all are enjoying homeschooling - I miss it!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for letting us know how the homeschooling was going...it can be a challenge but well worth it in the long run, believe me! The kids will appreciate all your hard work and keeping them interested in learning as they get older is great..somehow in the public schools when kids hit middle school all love of learning is lost...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad y'all are liking homeschooling! It can be a challenge sometimes, but in the end, it's so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so glad that things are going well for you. Hope the rest of the year goes beautifully. Have a great day. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope each school day goes just as well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now you're just making me jealous.... *lol* Man, I wish we could homeschool here too.. but like I said before, completely illegal..

    I'm still thinking of moving to the states.. to live with the Amish.. hehe ;)

    greetings from holland!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like a wonderful day for all of you. I am glad to hear that its going well and that the children enjoy homeschooling. Yay for you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Everyone has big beautiful smiles so it looks like it is the right choice for you! I wish you continued success!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. i'm so glad you're off to a good start :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's the start of a great adventure. ENjoy it! I am nearing the end of our homeschooling journey, and part of me wishes I could go back to where you are now, just beginning, knowing what I know now --- they WILL turn out all right!!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy