Thursday, September 4, 2008

Seeking to beautify my soul......

In the devotional that I have been reading "Streams In The Desert" by L.B. Cowman I came across a quote in it that really spoke to my heart.
"There is a perfect passivity that is not laziness. It is a living stillness born of trust. Quiet tension is not trust but simply compressed anxiety."

Wow! That spoke so much to me! Having an inner peace and stillness...how I need that to hear God! With turmoil, anxiety, worries and stresses invading my thoughts and heart....how can I bask in His presence and truly hear Him? And if I am focusing on my own troubles and needs...how am I sharing the love of Jesus with others? And if I am consuming my thoughts with these worries....am I truly trusting God?
I will keep repeating the verse "Be still, and know that I am God" (Psalm 46:10) in my head. I need to remind myself that He is God. He is Almighty and in charge. He has all the answers and will supply them when I need them....and I need to be still and trust Him to speak to me at the right time.
"Brightly colored sunsets and starry heavens, majestic mountains and shining seas, and fragrant fields and fresh-cut flowers are not even half as beautiful as a soul who is serving Jesus out of love, through the wear and tear of an ordinary, unpoetic life." -- Frederick William Faber


I pray that I am serving my Lord in a way that beautifies my soul to Him like in the quote above!

We finished our third day of homeschooling today. All went well and I am feeling good about it! We will be going to the library in a bit to spend some time reading together! Thank you so much for stopping by today and reading my thoughts. I am so glad to have you all as friends! I hope you each have such an abundance of blessings poured out on you today that it overflows to everyone around you! xoxo

13 comments:

  1. Powerful post Katy...thank you!!

    I'm so glad that your homeschool journey is turning into a joy. Enjoy your time at the library...and thank you for being a friend to me! It's a joy to log on and visit my favourite blogs.....

    Take care
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. i need to keep saying that verse in my head also.. big time.

    glad homeschooling is going well!! i never know when to call now though! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post. I totally agree that I need to just "be still". As mother's (and father's) we have so much to do that at times we forget to slow down and have a conversation with no one else but our Lord.

    I'm so happy school is going, I knew it would! =)

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy,
    What a beautiful post. Sometimes what I wish I could put into words someone else does for me! Thanks for sharing your heart with us!
    Smiles,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad to hear the homeschooling is well. Such a challenging and rewarding gift! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful post Katy!! I`ve been looking for a good devotional. I`ll have to look for that one:) Glad to hear your homeschool jounery is going well:) Have a blessed day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!!! Beautiful and Powerful!
    I'm so glad everything is going great with homeschooling.
    You're a blessing my friend!
    Have a good time at the library!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've touched my heart again, Katy. Thank you for sharing your struggles and triumphs with us. It's nice to know we are all in the same boat from time to time. Take care!
    ~Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful post! And so true! We all need to be reminded of this once in awhile. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your post was just wonderful today, Katy, and just what I needed. I LOVE Streams in the Desert! I think I've gone through about 5 copies of it in my lifetime and never tire of its beauty and soul searching daily posts.

    Glad to hear the homeschooling is going well! I'm sure in the end, the rewards will be greater than any hardships and sacrifices you make along the way.

    Thank you for your prayers and encouragement! It means all the world to me!

    Cora

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful thoughts today. I'm glad things are going well.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow , I really need this post today. I have been so preoccupied. I too need that verse. I am so thankful he does send us little reminders that he is God and today he choose you to share that reminder with us. So thanks for listening to him. Blessings, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh what a wonderful post, such good timing for me to hear too, when we just have a couple weeks before one of Wyatt's mri's I get tense and have to keep in the Word with all my might to keep His Peace. Thank you for your post Katy!
    Hope school is going well, we'll be finishing our first week here today :O)
    Blessings of peace,
    Shayne Louree

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy