Friday, September 19, 2008

Fall Festival Prep!

This is the 3rd or 4th year my inlaws have held a fall festival at their meat market! It gets bigger and better every year! I absolutely love it! In preparation for the festival....we all work together to get alot of stuff done! The festival is next Saturday..the 27th. There are vendors coming to sell their stuff (alot of homemade stuff...which I LOVE!) and lots to do! There is a wagon ride, corn maze, face painting, lunch, long rifles assoc., and more!


In this pic above and below...you will see Jaxson carrying a card around. He carry's it with him everywhere he goes while at the meat market. When you open it...it plays the "chicken dance" tune..and he just LOVES it!!!! ;o)
Also in the pic below...that is Madelyn, helping my MIL put things in the freezer case! :)

Wondering what I do to help? Well, Wed. and Thurs. I wrapped meat. Today...I bagged sauerkraut. Lots of cold sauerkraut. 3 tubs of sauerkraut!! LOL Oh...and did I mention that I don't like the smell or taste of sauerkraut??? ROFL! ;o) I'm not trying to complain though. I am happy to help in whatever way they need me! I am excited...we are making fresh apple cider Monday night! I will be sure to take pics! YUM! Apple cider is soooo delicious!


At lunchtime...my sweet daughter made me a chicken salad sandwich...and cut it herself! I think she did a great job and it tasted wonderful! :o)

While us "big people" were in working inside the meat market...the kids liked to play out back in the fields. Jaxson and his "card" and Madelyn by the tree:


And of course, what boy doesn't love a Kabota? (The other boy there is my nephew!)


Now we are home. The older two kids are out playing in the yard and Jaxson is resting in his room. He insisted he wasn't tired...but I am sure he was fast asleep within seconds of hitting the pillow! ;o) I think I am going down to make a peach pie here soon...and maybe a few other recipes I have wanted to try. I hope you all are having a great day (the weather is gorgeous here) and have a wonderful weekend! xoxo

21 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun time. I always love the fall festivals too, as long as they are not centered around halloween. We don't celebrate that at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fall festival sounds like a great time!! I would love to host something like that someday...one of my dreams to something started.

    I can't wait to see pictures of the event!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lot of work. But also sounds like fun!!

    I love fall! Have I mentioned that, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a great time you all had! Our harvest festival at church is not until Nov. 1st!

    Your pies sounds wonderful too! Have fun baking!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love fall festivals they are so much fun! How's school? I have really had it rough the last 3weeks we cant seem to find a grove each day has been long and drawn out my brain is frizzled each day I finally get done with the schooling. I guess its just the higher in grades the harder the work and it takes us longer at least thats what I hope it is. Anyways Ive not been able to blog in the last 3 wks but had time to drop in and say hello. You are always so faithful to blog.
    Hope you have a great weekend.
    Blessings, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I happened upon your blog. Your family festival sounds like so much fun! Fall is such a happy time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like loads of fun, Katy! Can't wait to see how everything goes...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wish we could be there...sounds like a lot of fun and by the way, we love love love saurkraut!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your festival sounds fun. I wish I could join you!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like the festival will be lots of fun! I am sure it is such a blessing for your mil to have your help.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like fun Katy.
    We make sauerkraut every other year and love it! I huge crock full.
    Have you ever tried Sauerkraut Salad? It wonderful.
    Your kids always look like they're having so much fun. They never look bored. It must be nice.
    Have a great night Katy. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like fun Katy!!I`m sure the kids will have a blast!! Can`t waite to see the pictures:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Katy,

    I finally got the chance to catch up on your blog!! The fall festival sounds like a wonderful time, make sure to take a bunch of pics.

    Thank you for your words of encouragement and prayers for my dad. It means a lot.

    Have a wonderful weekend my friend!!

    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  14. There is nothing that I like better than a Fall Festival. What fun!

    So glad that school is going well. We are finding our rhythm this year and its been fun ... though very, very busy. We have elementary, high school & college at the same time! LOL

    Blessings,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  15. What fun! I love fall festivals! The kids look like they are just so in touch with nature and relaxed. It's wonderful. You are so blessing to have all that room to let them run and explore!
    Save a piece of that pie for me! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love the pic of J walking to the field with his card!

    i believe this is the 5th annual fall fest. correct me if i'm wrong!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. KAty, your laid back "simple life" of chickens, and family, and friends is always what I thought I would have. Thank you for this blog, I love live through you in a way.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just loved the pictures and your children are darlings! have a wonderful weekend, blessings, Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  19. That sounds like a wonderful time!!! Hope lots of people show and everything goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You don't like sauerkraut? :O

    In our home, it doesn't even get cooked.. we eat it straight out of the bag.. *lol*

    Greetings from holland!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You'll have to take lots of pictures at the fall festival. i'm interested in learning more!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy