Sunday, September 14, 2008

Family Ties Of Love!

Yesterday, after church, we all had lunch and then everyone layed down for a nap on the day of rest. Afterwards....the kids went out to play for a bit. When I went out to check on them....Madelyn started running over to me.

Turns out she fell on the basketball court and scraped her elbow. I guess sometimes you just need a "mommy kiss" to help it! :o)

Xavier...wayyy too big for Jaxson's "bus"...lol...

And sweet Jaxson....reading a bible. (OK...so he can't technically read yet...but hey...still a good choice of reading material...don't you think??)...oh..and no...the cell phone on the ground isn't a working one. It is a super old one that my dad gave the kids to play with. My kids will probably never own a real cell phone till they move out of my house. LOL


Some ways we spend our Sunday afternoons and evenings.....






It was so nice to just spend the day relaxing and being together! Although, it was a bit too warm and muggy for my liking...and then in the evening..I think we had the remnents of Ike sweep in. The wind was just horrible! I am definitely not a fan of wind...and the kids aren't either. So I kept my cool and came up to bed to read...and before I knew it...three littles were scrambling into bed with me. We have a queen sized bed. It's a decent size. However....it just doesn't hold one parent and three wiggly kiddos. So...the boys went down to sit down with their daddy and fall asleep watching football and Madelyn and I read up in my bed and then fell asleep. I started the Mitford series I mentioned the other day! Thankfully, the wind this morning seems to be calm.


For supper yesterday...we had a "hodge podge" meal! It was fun. I used up some leftovers and also just made some other things the kids loved. It turned out to be a yummy meal!

Mama and Xavier...trying to take a good picture...and I had the zoom in... ;o) Oops! Ah well...I still thought it would be fun to post!

Today is a day of schooling and housework. I have a couple errands to run as well. Then after supper tonight, I have a meeting to go to at the church. (I am in a group who works with the youth...since I am a Jr. High sunday school teacher...I am automatically in the committee! :o) )
So it will be a busy day today....but productive...so that is good! I hope you all have had a wonderful weekend and I thank you so much for stopping by to hear about mine! xoxo

18 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great way to spend a Sunday Katy! Yes,I am on the computer early this morning, just waiting for the kids to get dressed for school so we can have breakfast.
    Is that book you are reading good? I've seen those, heard the name, but have not read them.
    I too am NOT a fan of wind!
    Have a great day!!
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some busy days turn iut to be the best. I hope that's the case for you.
    Did you start reading your Mitford book yet? If so, what do you think so far? If someone had told me that I would read a book about a middle-aged preist and his dog, and love it, I would have thought they were crazy! LOL! But these books are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a relaxing day. We had the winds also. The news is reporting 60 miles per hour. I believe it! We were worried that we would lose one of our pine trees. Thankfully we only lost tons of branches. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to spend the day. I have been making a daily stop to read your blog for quite some time now...I just love reading your thoughts!

    I hope you have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Sundays! We had our church Homecoming yestreday.Had good preaching,singing and good food.Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for sharing your day! What a wonderful Sunday!
    We had the high winds and rain here. Trees were down and roads closed.
    My kids were in bed with me as well last night. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your 'hodge podge' meal looks good- I'd eat it :) !!
    We try to relax and do family things on Sunday. Even if there are some chores to be done, we try to do things together, instead of everyone going off in their own direction... makes for a peaceful Sabbath.
    PS Thanks for entering my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a lovely day! And I am wondering... do you have your camera around your neck all day or did you just happen to have it when your daughter came running? I always miss those moments! At any rate, good job documenting everything! Blogging is so great!

    Happy Monday!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like the perfect day to me, despite the scraped up elbow.
    My life is way to cluttered, (for lack of a better word).
    I love reading your blog Katy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful Sunday!
    We had the high winds to last night, schools had delays this morning but mostly in the Pittsburgh area.
    Have a good Monday.
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Katy,
    THIS IS THE CUTEST POST YET! OHHH WHAT A SWEET FAMILY YALL ARE! You are such a good Mom!
    The scraped elbow looked like it really hurt! Ouch... and to see your baby boy reading his bible... melted my HEART! They all looked so sweet around the table and the last picture of you in it as well... SUPER CUTE!
    I loooove that yellow trunk you have!
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Sunday afternoon naps when you've had a good lunch. Those are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love good book to read and relax and good nap on sundays

    my blog is back up. im sorry i hadnt been on my blog ive had alot going on around here and lot to catch up on my blog now though but anyways im back

    have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a perfect day!!!! I so love reading your journeys! xoxo Love YA!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like you had a wonderful day of rest with your family!! Thanks so much for sharing these pics Katy!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love sharing photos of you and your sweet family.

    Hugs,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy