Monday, September 1, 2008

A Gorgeous Day In The Country


What a bright and beautiful day God blessed us with today. As well as wonderful news for those from the Gulf states...that the hurricane has weakened! YAY! :)
Although today wasn't a "work" day for most Americans...we were still working hard! This morning...my MIL, Madelyn and I worked on peeling and slicing peaches to freeze! I have a bunched canned from last year, as well...but want to continue to save the abundance God has blessed us with!

Madelyn and Jaxson walking back into the fields.....

My precious and beautiful family...on their way to the fields to pick corn....


Fresh corn is simply the best!!! My family enjoys it so much! Look at Jaxson's face though....he was so afraid of getting left behind in the corn stalks and getting lost....

Keeping busy, shucking corn....


After shucking it...my MIL blanched it...then we all cut it off the cobs and put it into freezer bags. We did a lot tonight....I am not sure exactly how many....but we still have lots to go!!! (and I am POOOOOOPED!)
Daddy (Chris) made everyone a milkshake while we were working this evening! The kids (and adults) really enjoyed them! What a treat!


We got a lot done...and I know despite the exhaustion...we will be so thankful for the fresh veggie tastes in the middle of a snowy winter! I posted this evening...although bed is where I ought to be. I just wanted to make sure I got a chance to post about this beautiful day! Tomorrow will be our first day of homeschooling. I am so excited...and nervous to begin! I can tell you this....the beginning of the school day will definitely be with prayer!!! Thank you for all your encouragement and support with it! It means so much!!! I hope you all have an absolutely wonderful Tuesday!!! xoxo

14 comments:

  1. Kathy @ Joyful Journey JournalSeptember 2, 2008 at 1:47 AM

    Katy,
    I love seeing the pictures of the fields and the peach canning/freezing process! I canned and froze a lot of peaches once, and it was a real treat for a long time. We don't have a garden yet, but are looking at putting some raised beds in our backyard since we don't live in the country. Any advice for a city girl would be welcome! Hope your homeschool year is fruitful and fun. I taught my kids at home in their early years. You have a very pretty blog also! Come visit mine again sometime!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful, blessed life you have! Awesome photos and loved reading about your day. Reminds me of when I was growing up.
    Good luck with school today! I'm sure you will do just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a busy day, but so much to show for all of your hard work. Doesn't it just make you feel all warm inside knowing you are putting up to take care of your family!! I love that feeling!

    Thanks for sharing the pictures and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really, a beautiful day! I am just learning about the hard work of harvesting and preserving veggies and I'm excited to enjoy my hard work this winter! I love reading about your dedication to the Lord and to your family. You really help me remember what's important in life. So, thanks for putting yourself out there for everyone to see. God bless you Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Katy!! You sure have been buisy!! I would love to can some peaches this year!
    Good luck on the first day of school!! Can`t waite to hear about it:) Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a blessing indeed! looks like you had a wonderful family day.

    God bless!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm back from vacation and trying to catch up on all my blog reading. You've had such wonderful things going on in your part of the world! I love the peaches! I keep saying I'm going to plant a tree one summer. And the corn is the best, isn't it! We put away tons of it every year!

    Best of luck starting school today. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you had a bountiful day all around, Katy. Best of luck with your homeschooling adventure...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my blog eons ago! Sorry it has taken me so long to visit yours!!! I love all the peach and corn pictures - makes me miss living in the midwest.

    Hope you had an awesome first day of school!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You'll do just fine! Can't wait to hear about it all! Come see me, I"ve got a award for you to claim!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just catching up on blogs :O)
    Your daughter is absolutely beautiful!! Her eyes are stunning and so gentle!!
    Smiles
    Shayne louree

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you had a good first day...I have been thinking about you today! You are going to love teaching, I miss it. However, I wouldn't have it any other way, I love staying home with Reiley!

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks like a great day full of fun! =) I love canning.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy