Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Fall Festival Was A Success!

The weather for the festival today was kinda gloomy...however, I did pray a lot that this would go well today and that the rain would hold off...and it DID! Except for towards the end...it sprinkled just a little. But everything went extremely well and I think and *hope* everyone had a good time! I know all of us who worked were POOPED!!!!

I didn't have a lot of time during the festival to take pics...I stayed pretty busy...but here are some when we were all first setting up in the morning.......



My battle station...LOL (Before the crowds...lunch time was BUSY!) I collected money! :)


Here are things getting set up and before the pumpkins and mums were sold.....


And here are scarecrows that kids did and they were judged!!! Aren't they great?? :)

Chris and I while on our short lil "break"....LOL


Who's my little pumpkin????

Jaxson is!!! :o) Here's Jaxson standing by a sign I painted:



My mom, sister and cousin did face painting (I was suppose to take a turn too...but got too busy! Ooops!) This is what Jaxson looked like after they got a hold of him....now he IS my little pumpkin!!! hehe.........

Xavier...I just love him in those overalls!!! :)

And Chris....hehe...isn't he cute? He's so funny! :o)

We're open today?? Are you sure?? ;o)

The menu for our day that I wrote up....we sold out of most things by the end of the day! Everything went sooo well!



Madelyn with her face painted! :o)

And...during a 15 minute or so break I took when I could...here are a couple of things I got.....


So the day was a success and now we are all pooped out. I am ready to get some dinner and just totally veg out! I am just so thankful it went so well and I hope all the vendors did well too. Each year the festival gets bigger and it's so exciting! I thank God, literally, that He has provided the people to come and taken care of everything. He is so faithful! I hope you enjoyed the pics.....I should have gotten more while the crowds were there...but the more people = busier workers! LOL Hope you are all having a lovely weekend and have a wonderful and restful day tomorrow!!! xoxo

15 comments:

  1. I'm thrilled that the festival went so well today, Katy! You took some wonderful pics. Thanks foe sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Looks like a lot of fun, and work! Pumpkin face is adorable and your painted sign turned out really great! Thanks for my daily read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad it went so well, I'm drooling over the food...YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad it all turned out so well for you and your family. Jaxon is a doll baby in that pumpkin face:) Love your purchases too!
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katy,
    Thanks for sharing the pics. I'm glad you had a wonderful time.And the children are so cute!!Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katy, that looks like you guys had so much fun. Love the face painting. Good family fun, dawn

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy that the festival was a happy day, Katy!

    Though I don't get to stop by as often as I'd like, I think of you often and wonder about your busy days of homeschooling. Hope you are happy and well.

    We are sooo busy with school too. Seems I never have an extra minute. But life is sweet and I find myself forever thankful.

    Wishing you joy today,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Katy!

    First of all, where do you get all your energy! LOL...

    Secondly, I have to have the recipe for the apple pastry, it looks so delicious! Also, made the tator tot casserole, HUGE hit with the guys! The little girls thought it was "tasty" with ketchup...LOL

    Anyway, looks like the festival was wonderful and thank God the rain waited.

    Have a wonderful Sunday,
    Amy

    PS... I totally agree about the TV. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a lovely day!

    I love the colors in your pictures. Looks so beautiful there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI Katy!
    I wish I could have come and got my face painted like a pumpkin. lol But more than anything I'd want to buy a pot of mums and have one of those apple dumplings?.... MmMMMMMm
    Yes, believe I'll take one of those and a cup of coffee PALEEZE!
    The pictures of you and your family are best!
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great day! It looks like everything was a big hit! I love your little punkun face boy. This is what is missing in those huge urban areas. There are no family-oriented activities or people are too busy to take time to enjoy them. I am so happy and so proud to live in the midwest. My daughter and her family live in Colorado Springs and it is over a half million people now and they find tons of family activities there. I guess you just have to be interested in family values. Bless you and Chris for caring enough about your family to do these things!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a great time.
    I wish we had more things like that going on around here.
    Your little punkins were adorable. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I`m so thrilled that the festival was a success Katy!! Thanks for sharing all the great pictures!!Jaxon looks too cute with that big ol pumpkin paited on his face!! The food looks very good too!! Makes me think that we really have to go get some apples and start preserving them:)hope your having a very blessed lord`s day with your family today:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like was tons of fun! I love the face painting! How cute the kids looked.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy