Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Knit Along With Me!


I have designed my very own dish cloth. (At least, it's not a pattern I have seen anywhere else...but I don't want to say something is necessarily *my* pattern if someone else came up with it first...?) It all happened quite by accident. It has turned into a beautiful pattern though...and it's a very easy one to do!

If you are new to knitting or have a desire to knit but don't know where to start...be assured, you *can* do it! I taught myself a few years back, by watching videos HERE. Once I was comfortable with one stitch, I moved on to a harder one. Once you get the swing of it, it's like riding a bicycle...you can do it...put it aside for a bit and come back as if you never put it down! :)

If you would like to try out this pattern, I am happy to share it with you! :)

On any size needles you are comfortable with (I am using a 10 but I usually like a 7 or 8 for dish cloths as they make a tighter stitch!)...using cotton yarn...CO 40 sts.

Rows 1-3: garter stitch (Knit every row)
Rows 4: K3, (P3,K3,P3 until last 4 sts.) K4
Continue the same pattern for Row 4 on every single row! You can change colors if you want, as well. Once you have reached your desired length, Knit the last 3 rows in garter stitch and then Bind Off! Sew in your ends and there you have it! :)

If you give this a try, I would love to hear how you like it! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me: thecountryblossom at hotmail dot com

**Jaxson's check-up at Children's Hospital went well today! We will be scheduling the surgery to get the stitches out of his eye soon! If you are new to my blog and wonder what I am writing about, you can read about it HERE! Thanks, so much, for the continued prayers and love...it's all appreciated, truly!


Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied,
Katy

10 comments:

  1. Katy~ That is very pretty, I have a hard enough time crocheting a dishcloth so I dont' think I could knit one :) Happy to hear the appointment in Pittsburgh went well. Have a wonderful day, or evening, I am still in day time here but you are already in early evening...sometimes this time thing is hard to remember. :)
    Blessings,Joann

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom has a friend that makes these cotton dishcloths. They are wonderful! Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so clever! I don't know how, I want to learn...I suppose I'll have to get to a class! I've seen your dishcloths before and love them. Happy Jaxson is continuing to heal. Have a lovely evening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like that will do a job well done....I love knitted washcloths...blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear his eye is healing. Do you have items in your etsy shop? I'm thinking when I find out what this baby is I might need to order one of your pumpkin hats. :) Have a great day.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know how to work in the ends; especially when you change colors. Could you explain how you do this? You can e-mail me at connievugt@altelco.net thank you in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Printed out your pattern and can't wait to try it. How many stitches did you cast on initially? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! I can't wait to try this :))

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy