Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Lovely Beginning of Spring!


Yesterday was the official *first* day of spring. It feels wonderful outside! We have been enjoying sun-filled, warm days here in Western PA! The grass is turning from that brown/ick sort of color to a lovely green. It's almost as if, in the winter, everything is in colors of gray and white...and as spring arrives, the colors come alive! The children have enjoyed many hours of play outside!


I have gotten out some of my favorite cleaning books...full of homemade cleaner recipes and organizational tips...


School-time almost seems like torture to the children (X especially)...getting some reading, writing and 'rithmetic done before running outside makes it seem as though I am punishing them! (I must admit, while I was out hanging loads of laundry on the clotheslines, it was quite beautiful and hard to come back *in*doors!)...


A few photos of *in*side...




As well as spending time, daily, in my Bible...I have started reading the book The Children Trap. It is about the dangers of public schooling (most of which I am already aware of....thus why we educate at home). **If you are looking for reasons why you should homeschool ~ IndoctriNation is a video I recommend to any Christian with school-age children. It is full of information....how the public schools got started and who is at the root of them, too. I also have books I could suggest!**


Jaxson and Xavier have caught my cough. X is especially hit by it...


I'm still baking (as usual). Below are just normal loaves of bread...but I found THIS recipe that I would like to try sometime soon, too!


Jaxson had another appointment for his eye at Children's Hospital, yesterday. We had a safe trip there and back again (although, in the parking garage, the van stalled out on me a couple times when we were getting ready to go home! I was a bit nervous....but luckily we made it home safe and sound!) Here he is, watching a little Tom and Jerry while waiting for the doctor to come in...


Everything is looking good. She took one of the stitches out in her office, since it was coming loose anyway...but it was one on the very end. To get the rest taken out, he will have to be under anesthesia (scheduled in the middle of April). He has a bit of irritation where the stitches were coming loose, so we had to up his drop dosages again...but it's a small price to pay. We are so thankful he has his eyesight!


One of my littles (Xavier) fell asleep in the chair *before* bedtime, one evening! He must have been quite the tired little guy! He plays hard! I know one day, when he is taller and a *man*, I will cherish these photos...him all curled up and cozy on a chair!


We are keeping pleasantly busy here...we are so thankful for the lovely weather and days we have been given. We are looking forward to **all** the wonderful days ahead (Lord willing). :) I hope you are enjoying your week as well!

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied,
Katy

9 comments:

  1. Hello Katy, the weather is so beautiful here in North Carolina also, it almost feels like summer time. Our flowers in the front yard are even starting to bloom. I just wanted to stop in and say hello and I am glad to know that your sweet boy is doing well.....God is an awesome God and I am glad that he loves us so much. Have a wonderful rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems odd to see Jax without a patch or safety glasses!! we are still praying for him!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too, treasure these days of raising my family...It is a wonderful work and I am privileged to be able to do it.

    Hope you are all over that cough soon!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very happy to hear Jaxson is doing well! I am sure he is ready for those stiches to come out.

    I have been having trouble getting my housework done because it is so nice out. All the kids and I want to do is go outside. I made them stay in so I could get caught up on some things and they act like I am torturing them!

    Hope your and X are feeling 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Katy, it seems you all are enjoying the pretty days of spring there. We had a really bad storm yesterday that was scary...I posted about it yesterday and today. The bread looks very good. My husband loves the heavy/browned crust on his too. I always enjoy touring your home with you and reading what you have written. Thank you Dear for your lovely post! Hope Jaxson and the othes get better soon. Hugs, Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Katy. My name is Shasta and my mother-in-law showed me your blog a month or two ago and I have just loved it and been inspired by you and your family. I had a few questions about home schooling if you don't mind. I would like to hear a real Christan mom's opinion of home schooling. My biggest concern is the cost. Do you mind me asking if it's expensive to home school your kids? I have a 3 year old son and a 2 year old daughter and homeschooling is something my husband and I have been talking about a lot lately. Any tips would be helpful. Thanks.

    Shasta Porter

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katy,

    I've never seen that video...thanks for mentioning it. We're going to get it. Of course, we know the dangers but it is a good tool to use for others as well!

    Glad Jackson is doing better!

    In weather like this, we sometimes take our school outside and sit under a tree....it makes it a little more bearable! :)

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quite a lot going on in your world! I love Spring, too! It has been extraordinarily warm and gorgeous this year.

    Congratulations on winning the Blogging Business Artisans giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too have a few questions about home schooling if you don't mind. What is the difference between home schooling and cyber school? Is your state more involved with your lesson plan and the childrens progress with one more than the other (home school vr cyber)? Also, have you thought about letting your children participate in your school districts activities such as girl scouts & boy scouts? I remembers girl scouts as a youngster and have very fond memories. Hopefully, daughter will find it as enjoyable as I did.

    Blessings
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy