Monday, March 12, 2012

"Springtime is the land awakening...

...The March winds are the morning yawn."
~Quoted by Lewis Grizzard inKathy Sue Loudermilk, I Love You

Laundry has been gracing my clotheslines once again...


I have spent time browsing the pages of the Lehman's catalog (as Chris and I will be taking a weekend trip there sometime this spring...I can't wait!!!)...


Homemade rolls and egg salad for lunch (eggs from our chickens)...



Blue skies and sunshine!


Yesterday, after an extremely enjoyable time of fellowship and worship at church, we dropped Madelyn and X with my parents...they went to ride horses at their house. Jaxson, Chris and I went to Pa and Ma's house for lunch. After resting, then, for an hour at home, we met my mom to pick up Madelyn and X and then drove further out in the country to our friends' home, where we were invited to a picnic! The children enjoyed jumping on the trampoline, playing catch and watching the men shoot:


Chris, juggling...



Jaxson, showing off his sword wielding skills...



Jumping, jumping, jumping...







Playing catch...


The men-folk, enjoying some target practice. That's my Christopher wearing that gun holster...



It was getting chilly outside and the gunshots were loud, so the ladies moved inside, to the garage, with the children. Jaxson had fun being traced and drawing himself on the garage floor...



After the guys came back in, they enjoyed a hilarious game of Bean-Boozled! We all really enjoyed laughing (and laughing and laughing!)...



Oh how grateful I am for the nicer weather...and for the most-wonderful blessing of good friends!
After the game, we all enjoyed some icecream and more fellowship and by then, it was after 9pm! We came home and fell into our beds! A full but truly enjoyable weekend we had! (After that doozy of a headache I had Friday and through that night, I was so thankful for a good rest of the weekend!)

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied,
Katy

15 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I also am thankful for the sunshine. It does my spirit good. My kiddos love their trampoline and it is such good exercise. I'm glad your headache is better. Now your post has inspired a craving for homemade rolls and deviled eggs. :) Hope you have a great day.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. we're having spring like weather here too, loving it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy,
    Lehman's is AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Make sure you wear ceomfortable shoes because it is huge. They have really added on. I live about 45 minutes away. My kids love the old fashion candy section. My husband and I love to go there. Ohio amish country isn't too much farther from there either, if you have time= Berlin, Millersburg, Walnut Creek. If you go in to Berlin the main road is all shops!!!! You would love the little shop behind the big red barn store called Country Gatherings-smelly candles, folk music playing, and lots of country decor. I hope you enjoy your trip as much as we always do and safe traveling:)

    Teresa in Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a wonderful catalog that looks like and to be able to visit there....that's even better!

    Looks like a fun weekend! Our guys love to get together and shoot too. I like it myself (with my pistol that is)! :)

    Have a great week, Katy!

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katy, your rolls are beautiful...wanted to swipe one when you weren't looking! lol. Your family seemed to have enjoyed a great day with family and friends...It is so wonderful when you have wholesome friends to visit! Hope you have a lovely and relaxing evening! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhhh Lehman's! That is on my wish list of places to visit.

    Looks like you had a great weekend. We are having that wonderful weather also. I am loving it!

    Enjoy your evening!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a lovely weekend. You are grateful for spring Katy and I am thankful for the cooler days of autumn, actually it's really only the mornings that are cooler and then it's more like summer in the afternoon but less humid. Time to go and get my bread out of the oven - just wanted to pop by quickly and say hi and my children have just come inside with a baby water dragon (lizard) as I finish typing this comment and want me to go and see it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have snow! In March! I live in the PNW and it's rare that we get snow this late. Happy you are enjoying the spring weather and that you had a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what great "action" shots of the kids jumping. Looks like they enjoyed the day!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I couldn't help but smile at the kids jumping on the trampoline. The neighbors behind us have one and I said the kids had jumped enough to jump to China and back. HA! Great exercise.
    Love ya!
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Katy, I woke on Monday with a really bad headache also. Took till Tuesday morning to leave. In my case I think it was brought on by a very busy week and quite a lot of stress.
    Your weekend sounded fun. Good friends who share the same beliefs are a real God gift.
    Enjoy the rest of your week.
    Blessings Gail

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a wonderful time. I'm so glad you are feeling better. Your rolls look delicious. I would love to go to Lehman's. Have you been there before? I get their catalog and spend hours looking at it. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We were just at Lehmans this past Saturday! We live about an hour away, which to me, should justify *monthly* trips, but it only happens about twice a year.
    Have you ever been there? If not plan for LOTS of time, there is so much to look at! If you need any suggestions of other places to go down there, let me know, I would be happy to share our favorite stops!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have always wanted to go to Lehmans! I used to just pour over their catalogs and wish that I could use a lot of the stuff, but the Lord has seen fit to keep us in town. It wasn't for a lack of trying though! Your boys look so happy and active on that trampoline!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy