Wednesday, March 14, 2012

**Spring Fever**

"It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want -- oh, you don't quite know what it is you want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!"
~Mark Twain, Tom Sawyer, Detective.


The air is comfortably warm...still chilly when the breeze blows. The birds are singing, windows are open and the children are playing...it is a glorious day in spring! I am enjoying it immensely! Yesterday was just gorgeous, as well. Clothes are out, as I type, on the clothesline, drying. Schooling is finished for the day and my grocery list is made.

Xavier riding Jasper

After lunch, after a few errands, I am taking the children to my parents' house where my mom is going to let them groom and ride the horses again (as they did Sunday afternoon). (Isn't X so handsome in the photo above? I love him in his cowboy hat!) Then I will get groceries and head home to finish my housework for the day! Beautiful days are such spirit-lifters, aren't they?

Around about here at home...


Homemaking, homesteading, simple living books...all in one place!


Supper one evening was Butter Chicken (this may have been a recipe out of my Homestead Blessings Cookbook)...a very easy (and delicious) recipe. Dip boneless/skinless chicken breast halves in beaten egg...cover in crushed Ritz crackers and place in dish. Place pats of butter all around chicken, cover and bake at 350* for about an hour! I already started cutting into one to serve before I remembered to snap a photo...


A couple of finished dishcloths (top left is the one I knitted in my own pattern..bottom right is just crocheted)...


Jaxson, reading his McGuffy Primer aloud (and doing a wonderful job)...


The children made Amish Sugar Cookies **by themselves** yesterday...




The recipe, from my Homestead Blessings Cookbook...I hope it's okay to share it this way. I didn't want to spend the time typing it all out! ;)


I am happy to report that I have booked Chris and my stay at a B&B in Ohio later this spring! We will be visiting Amish shops and Lehman's and just enjoying each others' company! I am looking forward to it...as I have never been to a B&B before! The one we are going to looks just beautiful! If any of you have any suggestions of shops to visit or places to see around that area in Ohio, I would love to hear them! :)

I sincerely hope spring has sprung in your neck of the woods, as it has in ours! Thank-you for stopping by for a visit today! Enjoy the rest of your week!

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied,
 Katy

18 comments:

  1. ahhh, the buggy cookie cutter! of course! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heinis Cheese Factory. Samples galore and soooooo good! That's usually our lunch. Pack crackers and fruit, buy cheese and trail bologna and have a picnic. The Ashery is a great priced bulk-food store. Berlin has a main street lined with shops down both sides, (haven't done that in years, so I'm not sure what all is there now), but its great to park and walk. Plus there's just driving around and enjoying the scenery, which is mostly what we do with our crew : ) In Sugar Creek (I think) there is a train ride you can take. You really can't go wrong with anything, as long as you go to Lehman's.
    If you have to travel down 76, you'll practically be at my house. Honk ; )

    The drive from Lehman's to Heini's is extra special for us- its where (in the dead of winter) my husband pulled off to the side of the road, got out and proposed. The tree we inadvertently stopped in front of is still there, and I have about 57 pictures of it.

    I better stop now, once I get going about down there, I don't stop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhhhhhh beautiful I love your life ...

    bisous xxx marylin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katy. a lovely post you write, i went to America twice in 1992, we went to shipshewana, where there is a large Amish communitiy, for me it was like going home and i think of the Amish ways alot of the time, i find such great comfort in how they live their lives.
    I think you and hubby will have a wonderful time, i can not wait until i return to America again and visit the Amish, hopfully next year.
    Katy i play your playlist while i wash my dishes in the morning, its so soothing.
    Spring is nearly here in east of England, the nights are getting lighter and the birds are singing at evening meal.
    Best wishes jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to take a weekend to visit Lehman's! Love that store!

    It would be a nice get away for Tim and I, just as you and Chris are doing. You'll have to tell me all about it!

    Spring is popping out here too, just across the state from you.

    It's delightful!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hubby and I are from WV but live in Amish country Ohio
    We are just 30 mins away from Lehmans in Kidron.
    Read they now have a store across the street with all
    clearance items.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are having a beautiful spring here too...the Azaleas are blooming, and the pollen is flying ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice pics !!

    Dear, I am hosting FoxHouse international giveaway currently, where you can win $50 worth of Apparels and Shoes...Would mean a lot...Just click the link below to enter :)

    Enter FoxHouse giveaway and win $50
    ♡ StylishByNature.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pictures. Your post conjured up some fond memories of my horse days. Oh how I would love to go riding again. :) Those Amish cookies also make me want to take a trip down the road to our local Amish community. We love to visit there. I love stopping by your blog for my daily dose of coziness and comfort. Have a blessed day.

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know you will have a wonderful time. I have never been to Ohio but would love to go to Amish country. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That chicken looks great! I might have to give that a try next week.

    Your trip to Ohio sounds wonderful! I have always wanted to stay at a B&B. Looking forward to hearing your thought on staying in one.

    We have having the wonderful weather also. Sunshine and warm air makes my heart sing!

    Have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your kids are so cute! That is my great-grandmother's sugar cookie recipe exactly. Her family is from the mid-west, wonder if her mother got the recipe from an Amish family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your boys are really growing! I loved seeing all three work in the kitchen together. Madeline is a lovely vision of a young happy homemaker. It is a joy to see that. You have the cutest unique lamps and such. Will look forward to hearing about your B &B week end. We will make the sugar cookie recipe soon. Looks yummy, thanks for sharing. X is a handsome cowboy! Angelia in TX

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just a quick note tell you that I appreciate you taking time to leave a comment on my blog. I've taken a few moments to "visit" yours and I have so enjoyed it. I'm now following you!
    Mrs.B~Her Peculiar Life

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely seeing spring at your house, Katy! It seems to have arrived here early as well! It's time for spring cleaning here! :)

    Your time away at the B & B & Lehman's sounds great! Hope you find lots of wonderful shops!

    I'm having a giveaway you may be interested in. Not sure if you have these movies or not.....

    Have a great weekend, my friend! :)

    Hugs and Blessings!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Katy, my book, A woman after God's own heart, arrived this week.I have read it through once and now starting to read it again. My sister gave me one of her bibles, so, i am reading with the assistance of a bible. Please can you tell me when you do your quite time? Can you manage to do this daily? I do not mean to be nosey.Would you think about writing a post on your system of prayer through your working week? Best wishes jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Katy! Do you find that your dishcloths get..stinky? I wash mine in hot water and they still smell. Do you wash yours with anything special, or maybe it's time to toss them and get new ones? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wash towels often....and I use a different dish cloth soon too. So I am constantly washing mine and I don't notice them getting stinky. How long do you let yours sit before they get washed? They may be growing bacteria or something! :) You may need to also get new ones! :)

      Kindly,
      Katy

      Delete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy