Monday, March 26, 2012

A Slow Weekend at Home


After beautiful weather the previous week, we were met with an abundance of rain this weekend. Although the children were a bit disappointed, as they desire to play outdoors as much as possible, I didn't mind a nice, (sort-of) quiet kind of day (especially since I still have a bit of a cough and the boys have theirs, as well). I had candles lit throughout the house and the days were spent relaxed and *together* (my very favorite way to spend time)!

Chris and Madelyn played a few matches of chess...





I did some reading and crocheting (I have a knitting project I plan on working on soon, too!)...


The children spent time reading through the day, as well...




Super Jaxson!


Chris got a hankerin' to make some marshmallows...so he did (although he accidentally broke my stand-up mixer in the process...oops!)...



Today, along with schooling and my myriad of home chores to do...I need to get feed and scratch for the chickens, run to the post office, pick up refills for Jax's eye drops, talk to a car insurance rep (as we are looking at different ones...in hopes of saving money...often, simple phone calls are all it takes to save money!) and also do our taxes (fun, fun...). So it will be a busy Monday. I look forward to Mondays as they are a great opportunity to get things done! Often, after a weekend (whether a busy or slow one) I feel like I need to just get everything in order...and Monday is *the* day to do it!

 I hope you enjoy *your* day!

Warmly,
Katy

8 comments:

  1. Your Monday sounds like mine Katy. We also have to get our taxes done (ugh!). Mondays seem like the day to get the ball rolling after relaxing on the weekends; but it is what is is. (: So... Chris does the Dew (evidently)? Man, that stuff can be addicting! Had to cut back on it after enjoying it for years. (:

    Have a great week!

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing your pictures and recipes. It's always such a joy to read your blog!
    Blessings! Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. its nice to have quiet days..I love them..
    pretty projects you are working on..
    have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katy you write a beautiful blog, you give me inspiration. Best wishes jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Katy so glad you had a restful, peaceful day. I love these times as well. Hope your week is filled with sunny skies and beautiful weather. If you get a break, stop by to visit and view my Sunday Post it is after the Saturday one. I got mixed up! It shows our gardens and home. Thanks! Just thought you would like to see the flowers. Please give the family our regards! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry your mixer got broken. :( A casuality to marshmallows is the not a bad way to go.

    I agree that a slow day spent together as a family is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you simply MUSSSST share the marshmallow recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy