Sunday, March 18, 2012

Reflections

"Reflection must be reserved for solitary hours; whenever she was alone..."
~Jane Austen


I am sitting in the living room, indian-style, in my denim skirt and olive green peasant top. The house is still and quiet. My family is at church and oh, how I wish I could be with them...but I am still harboring this terrible cough. It's getting better, slowly, but Chris and I agreed that no one would want to be sitting in the vicinity of someone who occasionally started hacking.

I am typing slowly...stopping often as I listen to a sermon by Paul Washer as I sit here with the computer on my lap. This post may end up taking me quite some time to write! ;) I always enjoy a good, sound sermon from a Godly man and also spending time in God's Word...soaking in His truth while reflecting on His grace and love.

Some people like to read so many [Bible] chapters every day. I would not dissuade them from the practice, but I would rather lay my soul asoak in half a dozen verses all day than rinse my hand in several chapters. Oh, to be bathed in a text of Scripture, and to let it be sucked up in your very soul, till it saturates your heart! 
~Charles Haddon Spurgeon 


Despite the fact that I am coughing a lot...I am blessed that I am still able to get things done around the house. I do things a little slower (as to trigger as little coughing as possible)...but they are still getting done, which is nice. It's overwhelming to get behind with household chores, isn't it? The children help too, of course, but when mama is down, things can get completely out-of-whack! So, I am quite thankful that I don't have a full-fledged-knock-me-out sort of cold! Just a wretched cough! :)

 A bit of mending

Since I last posted, our days have continued on by God's continued grace...schooling and then enjoying the beautiful spring days we have been given. It is such a beautiful treat to have the gorgeous sun-shiny weather that has filled our days lately! The children are in and out, all through the day (from back door through to the front door and vice versa)...which makes me question my wisdom when I sweep the floors in the morning or early afternoon...and then have to do it again a few hours later! ;)

Madelyn and Jaxson...imagining, creating, drawing and coloring (some of my most-favorite things)...



After Madelyn's shower, the other day, Xavier offered to brush her hair! Madelyn gladly accepted. He brushed it well...in a kind, gentle sort of way. I definitely wanted to capture the moment...as not all moments between a brother and sister are this loving...


Our chicken run fencing has become a bit rusty and disfigured over the years...so Chris and I fixed it Saturday afternoon. Ok, truth be told, *Chris* fixed it...I just helped when I could! ;) We only had enough chicken wire to fix the one side...but we shall do the other sides another day. The front was the worst so it received our primary attention.


Madelyn raked in a bunch of leaves for the girls...as they just love to scratch around. If they don't have things to push around, they seem bored. So after putting leaves in, we shook a bit of scratch amongst it and the girls had a blast snacking all afternoon!




My Ruthie-dog...always by my side (or directly in front of me...almost causing me to fall face-first!)...


The children spent the morning helping at my aunt's house...picking up sticks and helping her in her yard. When they got home, they helped pick up sticks in our yard and put them in the burn pile. Afterwards, Daddy got out the go-karts for them to ride. First, though, he needs to give one a trial-run! ;) Although you can't tell in the photos...he was speeding right along!




Helmets? Check! Seat belts? Check! Ready....


Set...


Go!!!


They had a lot of fun and were so disappointed when they had to come in later and get bathed (and boy, did they need it! They were filthy after a busy day!). Oh how thankful I am for each of those children...their energy, love, joy and innocent laughter. Such a treasure I have in them, truly.


Oh! How quiet moments alone can truly give you time to reflect on your life...and then you realize (for the umpteenth time...but still seems amazing and new each time it comes to mind...) that it is all by the grace of God. His glorious grace...so undeserved by any of us...is the reason any of us live. If you would...please, take 12 minutes and watch THIS...you need to hear it. We all need to hear it. Pause my player on the right and watch the video. God is just....God is love...so He becomes a Man, His Son...yes, our Savior, Jesus Christ. The wrath of God was placed upon Him...paying the price for the sins of God's people. There is *no* other name by which we can be saved. Paul Washer gives you the gospel in love, gentleness and clarity. Watch it...and share it, please...from my heart to yours!


Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied,
 Katy

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful, fun day. I agree with you, God's grace always seems new to me. Amazing how He has changed my life. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I stop and think about everything God has created, every little detail, it is really overwhelming.

    It must be one of those kind of days. Megan is away and I have been sitting on the back porch enjoying the quiet. I have a headache and am hoping the piece, quiet and sunshine will make it go away!

    Hope your cough is better soon. I had a cold about a month ago and still have the nagging cough. Especially at night and it is very annoying.

    Enjoy your time of quiet and rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a delightful day...you have a sweet way of sharing your days, and your heart.

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a beautiful day my friend! Passing thru to say, "hi" and send my love and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Katy!

    Hope you're feeling better today!

    I stopped by to let you know that you are the winner of my giveaway!!! The DVDs will be coming to your home! :) Maybe that will make you feel better today! :)

    I'm pretty sure we have your address somewhere, but would you mind dropping me an email and giving it to me again (just in case) and I'll get these out to you tomorrow!

    countrygirlathome@att.net

    Blessings,.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoping by now that you are feeling better with that cough.
    Looks like J is healing well.
    How sweet for a brother to brush sisters hair.
    precious.
    and the fun those children are having with their daddy...
    priceless.
    these are the times they will cherish forever.
    mama and daddy taking the time...
    making memories:)
    be blessed my friend.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy