Thursday, March 29, 2012

Nipped by a Bug


My Madelyn got a bit of the stomach flu Monday night. She was sick for about 6 hours or so. She rested most of Tuesday...and I wasn't feeling 100% either...so all the children and I had a *down* sort-of day (no schooling, no housework). Yesterday, Madelyn was feeling better and things seemed to get back-to-normal. Thankfully, no one else has seemed to have caught the bug. I am so grateful to God...as the stomach flu is (in my opinion) the *worst*!

We have been working on getting schoolwork caught up, housework done and the children have been trying to enjoy the sunshine as much as possible...but oh my, the ticks are *bad* this year and they sure do love my Jaxson. I have seen more ticks this past year than I have in my entire life!


So...unfortunately, there isn't much to post on lately. I made bread and noodles Monday...but haven't done much baking since.


Madelyn, the owl, *before* the bug got her...


Thank-you for stopping by. I am sorry I don't have much in the way of "interesting" to post about...but this is my life ~ the good, the bad, the exciting and the not-so-exciting! ;)
I hope your week is going well!

Kindly,
Katy

10 comments:

  1. Glad she wasn't sick very long....and that the rest of you are not ill either.

    Slow times are a joy in themselves....

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree Katy, the stomach flu is the worst! Glad that it wasn't very long lasting. I was finally able to get the devotional for the kids that you recommended and it is wonderful. Thank you for sharing it here, it was *exactly* what we needed. :-) God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad Madelyn is feeling better and that no one got the bug. Stomach viruses are SO bad. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy I am so glad that Madelyn is doing and feeling better. I have to say I agree with you and everyone else the stomach flu is a very bad thing. I thank God that it did not spread to any of the others or yourself. I also wanted to let you know that I just posted a video yesterday that I thought you may enjoy, it's by Paul Harvey. So if you wanted to stop by my blog and take a look I would love to have your visit. Tell me what you think. Have a wonderful and bless evening....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the rest of the week goes better for you and your sweet family.
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad Madelyn is on the mend. Strep throat seems to be making the rounds here but thus far I have outran it. Like you I have seen more ticks here this year as well as snakes and flies. My guess is that the really mild winter is the culprit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad that Madelyn is feeling better. It is hard to see your children sick.

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't the ordinary just wonderful too!
    Blessings,
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your blog through a comment you left on Tonya's (Plain and Joyful Living) blog. Hi there! The comment you left sounded just like me a few years back. I know exactly how you are feeling... been right there. I just wanted to let you know that all things really are possible through God! My life is testimony to that. And no matter what, He will help you find peace if you ask!
    Blessings!
    http://invitationtothebutterflyball.blogspot.com/2010/03/daddys-little-girl.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear Madelyn is feeling better. You, too. Having restful days at home can be a joy in itself! I love it when that happens. I enjoy hearing about your home and your children. Wish mine were back home here with me!!!

    Susannah

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy