Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Words I Cherish!


You know how some people ask how we know there is a God? I know for 100% certainty...and one of the ways I know is that meeting a person that wholly completes you is not something that could ever happen by chance. I am talking a love that, for us, is only second to our love for Jesus. A powerful love that defies everything else. I met, fell in love with, and married the man God created for me. There is no chance in this at all...that fact I am sure of. Only the perfect matching from a Father in Heaven who loves us could have put us together.

Let me tell you about this morning. I awoke...not angry...but slightly dissapointed because Chris didn't come to bed last night till after I was already asleep. So, laying in bed this morning.....I asked him why he didn't come up earlier. He told me that he had been reading his bible....and wrote some things down that he wanted me to read.

As he said that...he reached over on his bedside table and got his bible and pulled out a sheet of paper. On this paper...he wrote the verse Prov. 18:22..."who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord". He wrote how he has found a good wife...and how much he loves me and desires to be a better husband and father. He also quotes Prov. 31:10 and how his heart trusts me and that he thinks of me as a virtuous woman! Oh my gosh....for him to write that gave me such joy!!! I soooo seek to be a virtuous woman...first in the sight of God...and then in the sight of my husband. For him to put that down on paper just made my heart sing!


There is more to the letter he wrote to me....more verses and thoughts of his. I am not going to post all about it though...for it is precious to me and I want to keep it close to my heart...for myself. But I can tell you that he did a lot of bible studying and praying to write the things to me that he did and it means sooo soo much to me! Not only the wonderful things he said to me...but also as I watch him study God's word, grow in it and apply it....that is just such a blessing to witness!

I have such a ways to go to be a true virtuous woman in the sight of God...however, I do seek that constantly. I fall short in so many ways....they are too numerous to list. I sin...and make mistakes. I try so hard to always do and say the right things...but I stumble often. I pray constantly...asking for forgiveness and also for wisdom to do and say the right things. How blessed are we, that despite all our faults...we can still have the love of our Father because of His love for us, through Jesus' sacrifice! I was listening to Todd Agnew's song "My Jesus" and just cried and cried today. He selflessly gave up his life for ours. I am saved through grace and love and thank my Savior for it!

I am so thankful for my husband...a true gift from God. I encourage you to pray for your husbands. They have quite a task on their shoulders...providing for the family as well as being the spiritual head of the household. That's a lot to carry. I encourage you not to ever talk bad about your husbands to anyone. Stay in prayer for them....whether they are saved or not...they need your prayer, love and support ~ just as much as we need theirs! I pray, if you haven't already, that someday you will hear the words that I did today "I think of you as a virtuous woman"! No other compliment could make my heart beat quite like that one!

Thank you, my God in Heaven for Chris....may I bless him as he blesses me!!! Amen!

17 comments:

  1. Awww, what a sweet post!

    Thank you for entering my Bloggy give-away. Come see who won at http://www.InnerBeautyGirlz.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Katy, I was in tears as reading your post. What a Godly husband you have. And yes, we must thank the Lord for our faithful men. Hug him tightly!

    God bless my friend,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just precious, Katy! You are blessed indeed.

    Hugs,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very blessed katy, wha a wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely post, you are truly blessed! We love our faithful men! Your one busy gal this summer, I enjoyed catching up on your house project, it looks great! I love the color! We have the same door, mine is in need of painting too, love the green, what color green is it? Get some rest and rejoice in your blessed life, God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww that was so sweet! We all have a ways to go on our journeys but as long as we are working at it with a true heart, I think our God is pleased with us. When we know better, we do better.

    For 33 years I have told my DH, You are a good man. He says it's all he needs to hear. He puts his thoughts down on paper and includes them in little cards for me, and I keep them in a special place to cherish.

    We are blessed to have found the right men for us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok Katy, you could have warned us to get a kleenex. This is such a great post. My Dh is not a christian and the only reason he goes to church on Sun am is because he says I give him the silent treatment the rest of the day if he doesnt. (I hate to admit that) You truely have been blessed! Thanks for sharing such a special time in your life with us.
    Hope you have a great day.
    Blessings, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great post, Katy!! I agree about the not bad-mouthing our husbands. How great that Chris could write such words to you.
    Cory came in last night and asked me how I would feel if he went on a short-term mission trip and I said fine so long as he could raise the money. Not sure what he was reading but am glad that he listens to God.
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet post, Katy. I am so thankful for my husband, too. We are celebrating 18 years together on Sunday. Time flies when you're with the one you love. Thanks for the reminder to be NICE to our men. They do have a huge role to fill. Have a great day. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Morning Katy, I haven't been around to many of my favorite sites in the last couple of days, since I've been giving my house it's "Fall cleaning"! & may I say it definitely needed it! How does a house get so dirty, so fast?...Anyway, I LOVED stopping by yours this morning!...First of all, it sounds like you are married to a wonderfully sweet man!...I think all of us would like to be called a "virtuous woman"!...I also am so impressed with how pretty your home is looking!....it is darling to begin with, but with the new siding & that lovely "green door"...just charming!...Ang you are my inspiration my friend!!! With every jar of green beans you put up my admiration grows! I am planning on making jams & chutneys in the next couple weeks, but have never done green beans...Don't you just LOVE the way the jars look!...so pretty!...Well I better get started with my day!...Still cleaning! Have fun today with your children!....Heidi XO P.S. I will be sending out your "unner" tomorrow...am a bit behind!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Om my, that made me cry and gave me goosebumps! I am so very thankful for my husband, without him I wouldnt be who I am either.

    You are so very lucky to have eachother!!

    Have a great day,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww Katy what a wonderful and inspiring post this was..Thank you for who you are..and thanks for posting this...This gives me hope and encouragement to wait for that RIGHT one to come into my life, i'm 29 was getting impatient to find that wonderful Godly man..but your post convicted me and inspired me to wait Joyfully for the happiness you describe that you have with Jesus and your man.
    what an amazing story of faithfulness and perfect love with a Godly man.
    amazing story!
    And give your husband a hug today..he deserves it for saying such beautiful things about you.

    And you are a virtuous woman Katy, i just feel that from the Lord.

    well i better go, gotta get ready for work..take care!
    talk soon!

    Blessings & hugs!

    To God be all glory!

    In Him, Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have an amazing husband Katy. What a sweet post, makes me want to go give my hubby a kiss, too bad he's at work right now!

    Hugs,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOw! That is one of the best things I have read in a long time. How wonderful that you have a husband that seeks to know the Lord and allows that knowledge to engulf his heart and soul in time with your's. Amazing, and no, not by chance at all.
    May God contiune to draw you both near and bless you beyond measure.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a blessing Katy!!Thank you so much for sharing with us!!You are so blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Katy- Isn't it wonderful when your husband is able to find the words that make your heart sing!

    You are very blessed to have a good man.

    My husband is truly a blessing in my life and our love for each other grows stronger every day. There is no doubt in my mind that we were meant to be together and that our love is part of a greater plan.

    You said it perfectly in your first paragraph. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy