Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Ways Our Days Are Meant To Be!

Yesterday was such a good day here in Katyland! No, things didn't go "perfectly"...the kids still had some fights and misbehaved some....but it all got handled and I just truly enjoyed the day. I got housework done in the morning...then the kids and I played some games. We played Simon Says and then Hide and Go Seek. The kids seemed to enjoy it and I just love to hear their laughter when I goof up during Simon Says or my hiding spot gets found during Hide and Go Seek! LOL
Then, after lunch and after Jaxson's nap...the kids went out to play and I spent a while reading my bible, thinking and praying. Then I made supper. Chris came home with a headache (which is unusual for him). I had plans to go walking for exercise with my friend, Heather, after supper. But I told Chris I could stay home with the kids so he could rest because of his headache. But he insisted that I go. So...I went and walked and talked with Heather. We walked about 1.5-2 miles or so and then I hurried home.

When I got home from walking...Chris said the kids had behaved pretty well....so to let him rest and relax his head....I took the kids out for icecream! I should have taken my camera...but I wasn't thinking about that at the time...just trying to get noise away from Chris's poor head. We had a nice time at DQ. We ate icecream, laughed and talked. The kids were pretty well behaved and I kept thanking God for that. It makes for such a more relaxed and enjoyable time when they are behaving!

By that time...it was 8:30pm....so we went home after finishing our icecream and I gave the boys a bath and into their night clothes. Madelyn put on some PJs too and then we all climbed on my bed and read THIS book:
Then it was time for bed! Chris tucked them in and off to dreamland! It was such an enjoyable day and I am so thankful for it. I pray each day can be as wonderful as that day....even though there isn't ever a "perfect" day....there are some that are pretty close. I have found that how I choose to deal with problems during the day (such as the kids fighting etc) can really make or break my day. The more I focus on how stressed "I" am...the less I am focused on the kids. The more I focus on my kids and just smiling and trying to have a good day...the better the day seems to go.
I am so imperfect. I have so many flaws. And some days I am pretty darn selfish. :( I don't intend to be that way...but it happens. And when I am selfish....I am not properly caring about or for those around me (my hubby, kids, family, friends). Each day I try to focus more on others. Some days I do well...other days, I fail miserably. I pray about this alot. I want to be the best wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend and Godly Christian Woman that I can be. I strive to be that constantly. I am so thankful that God loves me and knows my heart and true desires to please Him!

O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: because his mercy endureth for ever. Psalm 118:1

This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24

I hope you all have a fantastic Tuesday! Remember....this IS the day the Lord has made!!! Let's rejoice...and be glad and remember to share His love with everyone around us! I have housework calling my name and kids to rejoice with! xoxo


23 comments:

  1. "It makes for such a more relaxed and enjoyable time when they are behaving!"

    *lol* Yeah, tell me about it ;)
    I was just on the phone talking to a friend I hadn't spoken to in ages.. we talked for about half an hour..

    After that I found my living room a complete pig's stable.. and somehow the new roll of toilet paper I'd just hung was 'finished' already..

    Hmmmm.... I wish I would have put the little one to bed BEFORE the phone rang.... Oh well, pumpkin tonight, *rofl*

    greetings from holland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy,

    That very well could have called The Simple Pleasures too....it's those small things added together with your family that make the perfect day, don't you think? And you're right, it's about how we handle what we're given that particular day! I would call that a great day too! Simple pleasures make the best memories!

    Happy Tuesday!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You put it so well- the more we dwell on imperfections ,flaws and stress the more unhappy we become. We should be happy with what we have and greatful for each day spent with our family.
    Thank you for the reminder! Have a great day,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!!! I have been reading your blog almost daily for awhile now, (even though I don't have one of my own). ;) I just wanted to say that I find you very inspirational and on some days when I feel a little ovewhelmed; your faith helps me see things in a new light. Thank you!

    Huldah
    huldahq@verizon.net
    P.S. I am a 30 year old married woman with 2 boys; ages 9 & 12. My oldest just started jr. high aackkkk!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how you feel, Katy. I especially feel ill towards my kids when I am with a friend who does not seem to enjoy her children. For some reason it tends to rub off. I wonder sometimes what my children think of me. Is mommy's bottom plastered to the computer chair? Sometimes, I know I need to rethink my priorities.
    Loved your post!!
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katy I just love your posts they always encourage others!! You are a great mom and wife and I know God is so proud of you!!:0) Have a very Blessed day and I hope Chris is feeling better!!~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love days when there are so many little pleasures that it make the day great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're absolutely right Katy, it's the way we choose to deal with problems during the day that determine the outcome.

    I've noticed that if I'm stressed or upset or something then the kids fighting just gets to me more and I snap at them and then it's just downhill from there LOL

    On the other hand, if I am calm and choose to have patience etc, things go smoothly.

    Glad you had a wonderful day and I hope Chris' headache is all gone now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful post! I think it is very hard for us women not to beat ourselves up for not reaching that state of "perfection". We want so bad to be what everyone wants us to be that sometimes we lose focus on what we should really strive to be--what God wants us to be. I think the way you handle it thru prayer and thanksgiving is a great way to achieve that though. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I usually check on your blog about every day for my Katyfix...brings back so many memories of my kids...praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds to me like you are a devoted Mother and have your prioritues in order! Good for you! There will always be room for improvement, no matter how old you get. I still learn something new everyday! And Lord knows I am far from perfect or even "good." But that I try is what counts. So don't be too hard on yourself. God is watching and He knows your heart.
    It is so good to know that there are young families that seek to make the Lord happy. Now I'm not "old" but older than you! LOL! But it does my heart good to know that there are still Godly people.
    Enjoy thsoe kids for as long as you can. Because they grow up way too fast!
    I wish you many more happy days ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Days like that lift my spirits as well, Katy. A nice warm fuzzy feeling to get you through the not-so-terrific days...

    The kids and I have been similarly busy these last few days, balancing work and play pretty well -- trying to soak up the last days of summer before the school routine begins anew. I'm ready and they are too. It's time to see what another school year holds for everyone. My husband started yesterday with his workshop days so we're getting back into the groove in preparation for everyone's first day on the 2nd.

    Enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet post, Katy. I love days like that and try to learn from days NOT like that!! Thanks for your reminder to be happy and grateful. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you got to enjoy your children, Katy!! Sounds like you guys had a great day!! Thanks for sharing it with us!!! Blessings:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a neat post Katy! It is so important to remember the little things in life and to give thanks for the good and the not so good.

    Great job on walking! My hubby and I walk 4 nights a week and I just love it, especially this time of year when the air at night is starting to get crisp.

    Have a wonderful Wednesday!
    God bless,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  16. That was truely a great post Katy!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Katie, Yes, It is so true about chooseing our attitude and how our day will go. It is always are choice. No matter what happens we can always choose not to let it bother us.
    Your question the the cabinets, yes I do use magic eraser on them it does work very well.
    I enjoyed hearing from you and always enjoy reading your blog.
    See ya,
    Shanda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a great day. The book looks cute. I will have to look at that one. Skip on over and check out my blog, I have a couple of posts about blogger friend school and I think it would be something you would really enjoy!

    Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loved reading your posts. I always choose to live "in the moment" especially when my children were little. You never know what gets handed to you from day to day, so instead of stressing, just take it one step at a time. How I miss reading to our children. It was "our thing" to do. We would go to the library and bring home piles of books. We had a little black dog that would also come sit in my lap during book time and be asleep before the story ended. Enjoy these days! blessings, Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so glad to hear about your wonderful day, Miss Katy!!! And the trip to DQ.... WOW!! My favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a wonderful and encouraging post, Katy! I love when my kids behave nicely, too. They are doing well today. :0)
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  22. Katy,
    You have the most wonderful heart.
    I loved reading about your "day."
    Hope your hubbys headache went away!
    Dairy Queen at thee end of a day,.. is one of my favorite things to do! That or Sonic! ;)
    Your posts are so inspiring and heartfelt. I love that about you.
    Lea

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy