Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Shopping In Amish Country!

Well, today (Tuesday)...the plan was to go shopping in Amish country....about 45 min. south of where I live. My mom was going to go with me....well turned out she couldn't go. So...one of my best buddies, Heather, had the day off work today...and I called...and she went with Jaxson and me!

We had a good time...shopped at a few stores...had lunch there. It was nice. Heather's flip flop broke, though, right when we got there....LOL! Poor girl! She had to walk around without it...we just kept laughing about it! Funny thing is...back when I was at her place visiting one day when Chris was in Romania...my shoe did the SAME thing!!! LOL

Anyway....I got lots of requests to see what I purchased....so here ya go!!!

First is a lil doll. She's hand made and was only $3.99. I just love hand made items and thought I could surely find a spot for her!

Then I found these small signs....aren't they sweet? Yes, yes, Leslie...I know what you are thinking!!! ("She could have MADE those!" Ahahahaha...am I right??? haha!) and Kindra may be thinking she could have made them for me!!! LOL....so true...but they were there...and oh so cute..and my fairy tale DID come true. I married my prince and am living as a happy woman serving Jesus and my family! Fairy Tales DO come true!!!

Oh my goodness.....my favorite find...a sweet and adorable chicken apron for Madelyn!!! Isnt it the BEST??? I was soooo thrilled when I found it! It is hand made...and just her size! Aren't the ruffles along the bottom A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E???? I put it on her this evening and told her she can wear it when she is my "helper" with cleaning and cooking and she got a HUGE smile on her face! (She always feels like she cleans and does more than the boys...which is usually true...she DOES help me more....so I wanted her to know how much I appreciate it and for her to have something to wear when she helps me!) X was jealous and said "boys can wear aprons too"....ROFL! He probably won't be so jealous when he realizes whoever is wearing the apron has chores and work to do...hehe!

And in these boxes is....FUDGE. Now, I am not a major fan of fudge. Never have been...but oh my goodness....I am a sucker for peanut butter fudge!!! It melts in your mouth! And you can't really over eat it...cuz if you do..it will make you sick!!! LOL So I got some of that...and for everyone to try I got "maple nut", "creamsicle", and "butterfinger" fudge flavors as well! Chris seemed to like them and the kids will probably get to try some tomorrow!

So....it was a good day! Had fun with a friend, spent time with Jaxson as well, didn't spend a ton of money, but still found some little treasures! And on the drive...we saw some buggies and Amish...gosh...i LOVE that!!!! :) Have a GREAT Wednesday everyone!!!! :o)

17 comments:

  1. I am so jealous!! One of my biggest dreams is to go to Amish country. How lucky to be only 45 minutes away. I love all your treasures. Hop on over to my blog--I have an award for you. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. About an hour south of where I live there is this quaint little Amish town. We go once or so per year, I just love it! I love finding little treasure and getting a taste of a different culture. Sounds like you had a wonderful day!

    God bless,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy,

    That sounds like so much fun! We went to Laura Ingalls Wilder's homeplace in Missouri a couple of times and there is an Amish community near there. We sure did enjoy it!

    I love your doll, signs and apron! A day of shopping is always fun and you got to do in Amish country to boot!

    And I love fudge too....my mom makes THE BEST fudge ever! Everybody asks for her fudge! If you remind me (and give me your address), I'll send you some...she always makes it around the holiday....you've GOT to taste it! It's the firm, old-fashioned kind! Yummmm....

    ~ Tammy ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a good thing I'm reading this while my husband's out to work....

    .. otherwise he would definately start asking me to buy him some fudge! *lol* He loves it more than anything in the world.... well.. sort of ;)

    And the worst thing.. he can eat a whole box like that and not gain a single pound! grr!!

    greetings from the netherlands!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Katy
    Just found your blog and I love it. It would be my dream to go shopping in Amish country. The doll is beautiful and so is the chicken apron. I collect chicken things and adore the prim/country style you have over there. I am in England and am new to blogging.
    Best Wishes
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the things you bought! Sounds like a fabulous day! You and your friend need to take my "mom" advice...LOL...the same thing happened to my oldest daughter on a field trip once..her flip flop broke, now whenever they go anywhere away from home like that...I make them stuff different footwear in a purse, bag, etc...you just never know! LOL

    The fudge sounds so good!!! I'd go for peanut butter myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a fun time :) And you found some great things for great prices :)

    Okay, so the signs...here is my whole theory on stuff....I buy things that I can't make. If I find them for such a good deal that I figure it's worth just buying instead of making, I do. It's rare, though, or what would I do with my spare time?! LOL It's totally okay that you wanted to buy those signs. I tend to get to the Fair and buy things that I wouldn't normally just because I'm there :)

    I had a flip flop break right after I got somewhere, too. How annoying! It's the cheapy ones that I have the most trouble with so I started buying the ones for a couple of dollars more and they last a few summers :) My MIL thinks I'm stupid for spending $4 on flip flops...but if I wear them for 3-4 years...Do the math :)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute signs.! I bet Madelyn looks so cute in her apron!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun outing! I love the little apron and the signs too! The fudge flavors sound pretty neat!
    Glad your day turned out so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun day! It's funny - my best friend is named Heather and she is OBSESSED with the Amish! No Amish in Idaho... I would love love love to take a trip with her out your way and check it out! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by my blog:) Welcome to the world of homeschooling! It's a lot of fun! I sure do miss living near Amish country. We used to have a little Amish market near where we used to live in NJ, and I loved it there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to go to Amish country!! We live about 2 hours away from Lancaster.Thanks for sharing all your treaures with us!! I love everything you got!!Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can NOt believe you found that doll for that price! I love it! I've been searching for one like that & finding them for a whole lot more. Great finds Katy=)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such great finds!!! M must look so cute in her apron!! I'm so glad you had a great time! I want to go to Amish country!!!:0) Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Katy come by my blog I have an award for you!!~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  16. It sounds like you had a wonderful day, Katy. Simple but oh-so-sweet...

    ReplyDelete
  17. What beautiful treasures you found! I love Amish country. Haven't been there in quite some time. I love the quilts they always have for sale.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy