Saturday, August 9, 2008

The Rehearsal!

My BIL (brother in law) is getting married today. I actually have a lot to do today in preperation but I wanted to post really quick! Last night was the wedding rehearsal! In the above picture is Dan (my BIL), Chris and our other BIL, Dan on the right. LOL (Chris's sister married a man named Dan).....anyway...aren't they so funny?

They are brothers....and best friends! Dan even bought a house that is maybe a 1/2 mile from us! LOL I just love how close they are!

Look at my handsome "best man"......(if you are wondering about his Tshirt...it is a pro-life shirt that we got from abort73.com....my husband and I are 100% pro-life!)

Madelyn is a jr. bridesmaid (she is here with her cousin):

This is her first wedding to be in!!!

And the bride and her daddy! :)

Yeah...so I have been crying alot lately. I am super happy for them.....it's just that Chris and I have been married almost 8 years...so I have known Dan since he was in his teens. It's wonderful how much he has matured over the years! BUT....it is sooo hard to accept that everyone is growing up! I feel like time is flying past and I just can't believe he is getting married! I can't imagine how much I will cry when my own children are getting married!!!
So....today is the wedding. I have to get Madelyn and I ready to go get her hair done soon. I am going to bawl...I just know it! I better take extra make up with me!!! LOL I hope you all have a beautiful day...and if you think of it...say a prayer for the bride and groom...that their wedding and marriage goes wonderfully and is pleasing to our Lord!!!! xoxo

8 comments:

  1. That is so funny about the Dan's!! My first name is Christine and my husband's little sister is Christine, but called Christie, my older brother married a Christy, so two of my SIL's have the same name. Thankfully my mom called me Elise.
    A funny story pertaining to the name. My brother's wife and I had similar names before I was married. She was Christina E. V... and I was Christine Elise V...Well, she had to go somewhere for something-a ticket, I think-they tried to give her mine from an accident I had!!
    She called me up and told me about it and we shared a laugh!!
    Hope the wedding is great!!
    Elise, not Christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwww! I hope the wedding goes as planned and that the couple will be happy forever.
    I can tell you from experience, that when a child marries, it is one of the most heart-felt, moved to tears experiences you will ever have.
    So try hard not to think about when your own will be doing this today, or you WILL be in tears the entire time.
    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope and pray the wedding is wonderful and that the couple have a blessed marriage filled with happy memories

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katy! Have a wonderful time celebrating their wedding. I know what you mean about time going very fast, I'm very sentimental as well and I break down in tears once in awhile especially when I see my first born behind the wheel of his car.

    Anyway, precious pictures and my hubby and I are 100% Pro-life and for obvious reasons Pro-adoption!!

    Hugs and love,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the best for a happy, memorable, and fun wedding day...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pictures. Your hubby is definitely a hottie ;) hee hee. I am pro-life, as well. I guess that's why I have 4 kids and had Alex so young, I just don't believe in the "A " word lol. hugs katy. Have a great week! First day of school tomorrow. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. umm. yeah--i cried at the wedding when they were showing all of the pics. not because of dan and nikki... but because it made me realize how fast time is going... AGH!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is funny about the Dan`s!We just had a couple getmarried that attend our church and their names are Chris and Chrissy!We also have someone els in our family who are Chrissy as well!Anyway,thanks for sharing the pics!!!That`s sweet that you guys live right down the road from your bil:)I love close family ties:)Hope your having a blessed and restful Lord`s Day!!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy