Saturday, August 2, 2008

What happens when you putter out........?

.....your super sweet love finishes the job for you!!! Chris hates to paint...I mean hates it. And from being in the sun so much yesterday..I was just pooped from painting...so he finished for me...isn't he the best?? (He said the title of this post should have been..."Who's the stud on the ladder?"...ROFL!!!!!!)


So now...that front room is primered. So now I can get the paint to paint it!!! YIPPEE! Although....the weather report for today says thunderstorms and rain...bummer. So I may not be doing the painting today.
And...because I was outside...and camera happy...I thought it would be fun taking a pic from the outside looking in. It's kinda hard to see...but I love the glow of the light in there against the curtains...and if you look close..you can see my oil lamp on my dining room table. I love how that looks! OK...yes, i am weird! LOL

And I also wanted to show you my little welcome flag....I love it! Isn't it so cute? I have different ones for different seasons. I just think this one is too cute. I love the barn and hills on it!

Well...since my plans for today are probably going to be interrupted by rain....not sure what I will be doing today. Keeping busy though...as always! I look forward to tomorrow's day of rest!!! Have an absolutely fantastic weekend everyone! xoxo

11 comments:

  1. Wow that looks great already! You and Dh did a great job! Sun is out this am but dont know about how long it will stay Im gonna run and get the clothes washed so I can try to get them dry before the rain if it even gets this far.
    Hope your weekend is great too.
    Blessings, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. woohoo!! its looking great!!
    okay, change the post title for him. :)
    do you think if we said he is hot that he will paint more for ya and then you could post us more pics??!! hey, anything to get the painting done. LOl
    yep, tell him he is handsome.

    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy,
    Yipee for hubby!!! My husband is the same, Jer HATES to paint! He bought himself a power sprayer for that stuff but I much rather use a brush...less mess ;)

    What I pretty much do is keep an eye on the radar, Katy. Get on www.wearecentralpa.com and check out the weather. If you go into the weather page, there is a doppler radar on there and I check that often. You can kind of tell if rain is coming ;) I often paint on days when it's going to rain, just as long as it's pretty well dry by then. Of course if you get a rain like we did this morning, the rain will wash it all off! LOL

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet hubby you have!!It`s going to be beautiful!!The flag is soo cute!!I love the farm scene!!Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, what a sweet hubby and it looks great!! Love all the pics... your house is just darling!

    Have a wonderful Saturday!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a sweetheart!!....He probably did it because of how much WORK you had to through to get so little BEETS canned for HIM!!!LOL....It looks great with just the primer on!!!And I love the glow that shows from your windows its so homey looking and feeling!! Hope you have a fantastic day my friend!!~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweetheart you have there, Katy! I hope you both enjoy a restful weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww...that was very sweet of your husband to finish painting for you. (o:

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww..that's sweet, Katy! Stud on the ladder, huh? He sounds like a big cut-up...I have one of those around here! lol!

    Have a great Saturday!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are not weird at all. It looks so welcoming and cosy. I thought about you today when I was at Michael's. They had a Mary Engelbreit Teacher's calendar. So cute and fun!!
    Elise
    Your husband reminds me of a red head version of my own, esp. when Cory shaves his head.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy