Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Where Have The Past 5 Years Gone?

My son, X, turns 5 today. I can hardly believe it. I don't know whether to be happy or bawl my eyes about it. I didn't have a digital camera when he was a baby. My husband got me one right after Jaxson was born....2 years after X. So...above is the youngest pic of him that I have on the computer. I guess I could go take pics of his baby pics...but they don't usually turn out so good...LOL. So...he was about 2.5 in the pic above!


His personality has blossomed over the years as well. He's my crazy boy. He is afraid of thunderstorms and bugs....but he is also the same boy who will push the garage door button and hold on to the bottom of the garage door and ride it all the way to the top and then drop down. (No, I don't condone it...LOL...he just does it when I am not right there...lil stinker!!!)

The above pic...LOL...is at his birthday party last year. It was a spiderman theme!This pic must have been taken towards the end of his party....look how messy the table is! LOL
And below....my baby last fall. I LOVE this pic of him!!!!

And here he is more recently....wow...how he has grown and changed!!! This evening we are having a "baseball" themed cookout...with hotdogs, nachos, popcorn, chips etc. I think it will be a lot of fun! Just praying the rain holds off!!!

Happy Birthday Xavier!!!! We love you!!!!!

21 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Xavier!! The baseball theme sounds like fun! We had a sports theme for Kellon's birthday last year and had tailgate party food. :) Can't wait to hear all about the party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, X!!! My daughter just turned 5 two weeks ago. It does go fast, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They grow up way too fast! Hope your party goes well. Happy Birthday Xavier! ~Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Xavier!!! Enjoy the baseball party ... and being FIVE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Xavier! Katy, my son will be 5 on the 20th and it just seems like he was born yesterday! They grow up so fast! I try to enjoy every minute with my boys. I thank God for homeschooling because I don't think I could stand sending them to school everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday Xavier!

    Hold on to that little fellow, Katy! Seems like they turn 5 and grow up in a blink. Just cherish every precious little minute with him.

    Blessings,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday Xavier!!! He is such a cute doll baby! Believe me, I know it's hard to believe how fast they grow up...my little guy is now 6'1 and will be 16!! How is that possible when I haven't aged a day since I had him...LOL... Enjoy your day with that precious boy!

    God bless,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Xavier!!!! Hope you have a great party!!:0)
    It is amazing how fast time goes!!!Take care Katy!!~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Xavier is a cutie putie!! Happy Birthday, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  10. They grow so fast. Happy Birthday Xavier

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday, Xavier!! Love the story about the garage door-too funny!!
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tell your son Happy B-Day, my son will be 17 on Friday. Those 5 years do go fast, keep your eye on all of your babies they will be 17 before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday, Xavier!

    If you figure out where the last 5 years went, let me know! LOL They sure have flown by! :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy 5th Birthday Xavier!!!
    Hope yall will have a great B-day party. Time does go by awful fast by oldest is 17 and it seems just yesterday he was born. Cant wait to see this years b-day pic. Blessings, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday to your little man. Yup, they grow up way to fast. Enjoy, enjoy. Your party sounds fun. Having four girls--we've only had girlie theme parties--a sports theme would be a great change. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Katy, I have not heard anything about the magazine place. I haven't received my magazines yet and I tried contacting the chick where I got the info but she has been out of town. I will let you know if I find out anything. ~Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww...what a handsome boy! Happy Birthday, Xavier!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  18. He is so cute, Happy Birthday Xavier :)

    And you know what Katy, I think he looks SO much like you :)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy