Thursday, August 21, 2008

It's Beginning To Look Alot Like Autumn.....

Some of the trees here in PA are starting their fall chameleon act!! I have seen beautiful red bursts in trees all over!!! I am thrilled! Autumn is my favorite season and I love the cooler evenings and the wonderful sights and smells that come with it! I have a pumpkin spice candle burning there in my kitchen. I know it's still August....but I'm all about celebrating fall as early as possible!
My birthday is on Sunday and my aunt...who lives a few hours away....had sent up my gift a few days early. She didn't make me wait to open it....and just LOOK at what was in the box!!!! Isn't it FANTASTIC?? I love love love enamelware and totally love this canister set she got me!!! Now, I don't drink coffee or tea....but they will be great holders for other things and serve as a great organizational tool...while looking adorable in my kitchen!! For now, they are located in front of all my recipe books! :)

And....below is a result of what happens when your 2 yr old gets your digital camera without you knowing it...and your 7 yr old tries to rescue it back. Look at that look of determination on her face....haha! And yes...I think we got a finger in the pic! ROFL! I was not happy when I discovered he had my camera...but thought this pic was just tooooo funny!

I took the kids to the library today....we were there about an hour...reading books and doing puzzles etc. Then the boys started getting a lil rowdy....sooo embarrassing...so we checked a book out for Madelyn and left.

Today has just been a bit of a struggle for me. You know those days where it feels like every little thing is going wrong? So many lil things have gone wrong and driven me nuts....plus the kids have been super rowdy and fighting today...PLUS...when we got home from the library...the back door was STUCK! I had it unlocked...but it is an older door and the doorknob must be going bad....it was soooo frustrating! You know what I mean....?? Just one of those daysssss. The days you wish you could crawl back in bed and start over. Oh well....hopefully onto a more pleasant evening! *fingers crossed*

17 comments:

  1. Katy...I'm sorry you had "one of those days". lol It will get better cause I prayed for you. :) I'm so excited about your birthday but your present from me will be late. I'll let you know the day I mail it. I love the look on Madelyn's face, "I'm getting mommy's camera". Love that!! Have a wonderful evening! Remember, you're my hero!! Look up!
    Love--Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm thinking fall too. Love your Woodwick it looks like one of my favorite scents.
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I have been reading your blog for awhile. It has been fun to see you getting ready for your first year of homeschooling. We homeschool too, we just begun our second year.
    I am sorry that you are having a frustrating day. Those days can seem to last forever.
    I am jealous that you are already seeing signs of fall. We do not have a real fall where I live and it is my favorite season so it makes me sad. I do decorate for it though but not until the end of September as it seems silly when it is still 95 out!! I got a Yankee Candle in a fall scent yesteday though in anticipation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I have been reading your blog for awhile. It has been fun to see you getting ready for your first year of homeschooling. We homeschool too, we just begun our second year.
    I am sorry that you are having a frustrating day. Those days can seem to last forever.
    I am jealous that you are already seeing signs of fall. We do not have a real fall where I live and it is my favorite season so it makes me sad. I do decorate for it though but not until the end of September as it seems silly when it is still 95 out!! I got a Yankee Candle in a fall scent yesteday though in anticipation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankfully tomorrow is a new day, Katy... Hopefully it will be a good one :)

    In the meantime, enjoy your gifts and fresh fall scents. And Happy Birthday, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you had one of those days, hope tomorrow is much better.

    Love the canisters, they're great and I LOVE Madelyn's face LOL That is just too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being a mom of two rowdy boys, I can relate completely, in fact for a while there, that was my average day!
    but they do grow up and then you miss the noise level...
    Our fall doesn't come until a little later, still warm here but I am so looking forward to it too...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I know those days girlfriend!! I hope your evening goes better!:0)
    My hubbys birthday is Saturday!!!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY early!!! I hope you have a very Blessed one!!! And I so can't wait till FALL!!! Oh and isn't that shot the incriminating evidence!!!LOL...Take care!~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have had a nice chill in the air in the evenings and I finished my wool runner and so now I am really in the mood for fall. I posted a nice peice about fall that I borrowed from another blogger. It will really make you ready!

    Now's it's the camera, soon it will be the cell phone and then the car!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those kind of days can be really frustrating!
    I love your cannisters! So cute! Your Aunt really knows what you love, doesn't she? Very thoughtful of her!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hooray for Fall! It's still pretty hot here, but it was in the 80's today with a decent breeze. My windows have been open all day and I've been dreaming of the clothesline I plan to get this weekend. Fall is definitely my favorite season - it's so rich and hearty!

    The canisters are awesome! If I had the counter space for canisters of my own (that people would actually see) those are what I would look for! Too cute! Keep posting pics of your house and special treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had one of those days this week, too. I even posted about it. I'm glad we're all in this together. Nice to know that others have less than perfect days, too. I am excited for fall also. I love the enamelware you received. I hope you have a wonderful birthday. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I noticed the trees are starting to turn here in Central Indiana. Although Spring is my favorite season Fall is a very close second.

    Your birthday gift is so cute.

    I know all about those kind of days. Hope Friday is better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the enamelware!! Hope you have a great birthday on Sunday! Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Katy, I'm sorry you had a tough day...tomorrow will be better, I just know it!

    I'm with you, I LOVE FALL!!! I've been getting my candles ready, washing my throw quilts for chilly nights and purchasing a few fall must haves for the girls (and me)..LOL... We are also seeing some trees in the area turning a bit, I love how beautiful they look...I just wish they would stay on the trees a little longer!!

    Anyway, have a fabulous birthday! You share it with my mom. =)

    God bless,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww I'm sorry you're having one of "those days", sweetie... it does make you want to crawl back into bed and not come out until next morning!

    ReplyDelete
  17. *lol* I can't wait for fall either....

    Everyday I'll be like 'is it ok to put fall decorations out yet?' - but I make myself wait until september 1st.. ;)

    greetings from holland!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy