Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Saying GoodBye To Ugly Wallpaper!

Yesterday...after our schooling was finished for the day....an appliance repairman came over and fixed our dryer. It cost about $80 to fix...which is a small price to pay to be able to dry your clothes with heat in the winter! I am glad to have it fixed and have been diligently working on loads of laundry since! Washing, drying, folding and putting away! Laundry is such a lot of work. Definitely not one of my favorite chores...but alas, one that *must* be done....right? :)


I got a bug in me yesterday to also work on stripping more of the wallpaper that is in the living room (although, it is our temporary living room till the addition we added on is finished!). I am not quite sure yet how I want to paint this room....but getting all the wallpaper off is a must and I have been working at it SLOWLY! hehe!

You can see a picture HERE from before I started peeling the wallpaper off yesterday! There is still more to do....but I got a bunch done and was starting to get a bit overheated....with our woodstove ~ it likes to keep the house warm plus, I was up on chairs trying to reach up to the top of the walls (which I still couldn't reach). I am 5'2" and the walls are 9 ft high. So, I did the best I could for now. I will tackle the rest some other day.


Yes...the green walls are ugly...LOL. I know what you are thinking. But they are so much better than the wallpaper that was there. Someday I will paint them and they will look nice. My dining room used to have ugly walls just like my living room....(you can see pics of my dining room in the link above as well...or go HERE!) .....but a little paint can go a LONG way! ;o)

Today is another day God has given each of us. I read my Bible this morning...but plan on reading Galatians 5 again later on today. We will work on schooling today...then I have an eye appointment! I need new contacts and finally...new glasses! I haven't had a new pair of glasses since high school. The prescription is so old!

I have housework to work on today as well. Hopefully be able to play some board games with the kids too. They got the game Trouble for Christmas and love playing it! Then this evening, I have a meeting at church to attend!

A busy day for sure...but one I plan on living to its fullest. I pray that God will make me a blessing to someone today! Have a wonderful Tuesday! xoxo

15 comments:

  1. I hate laundry, I'd rather take a whipping as do it :)
    Removing wallpaper is a long and hard job but well worth it. Paint is so much easier to change.
    Good luck and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laundry is a lot of work and you don't realize how much you really truly do until something breaks! LOL I feel so much better when it's all caught up and put away so I keep on the laundry. I also tell myself that no matter how much I don't care to do it, it's one of those things that has to be done, and since we make more every day, to suck it up and do it. It's all because of my Mom....

    My Mom complained every single day and still does about laundry! LOL She says that she hates it now because the washer and dryer are in the basement and there are no stairs from inside the house to get down there. She has to go outside and go downstairs to go do laundry. I can see where that would be a pain but she complained when the washer and dryer were in a finished basement at our old house and when we lived here and when we lived in the farmhouse and the washer and dryer were on the nice closed-in sunporch. It doesn't matter, she's always complained. I kind of pointed it out a few weeks ago and she said it's because she's always had to do it the hard way? Um, she's the one that insists on hanging everything to dry these days...lol

    Good work on the progress with the wallpaper. I'm sure you'll get it done and paint will look amazing :)

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning!
    UGH! I also hate removing wallpaper! My house was filled with it when we moved in...Very slowly we removed it in each room and 20 years later I have vowed NEVER to wallpaper!!
    You have a very busy day on your hands...Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have wallpaper in my hallway that I dislike, It was from the original owners, 70's country flowers..LOL..Right now I choose to ignore it!

    I dislike laundry too so I start first thing in the morning to get it out of the way..LOL..I try anyway.

    You have a blessed day, Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When we bought our little fixer upper I had to remove wallpaper from pretty much every room except the living room. What process are you using? The best luck I had was a spray bottle filled with water and a plastic putty knife. Good Luck it's a long process, but so worth it when you're done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peeling wall paper doesn't sound like a lot of fun but the fresh coat of paint later will look very nice. I'm glad you got your dryer fixed. Couldn't imagine my life without one!
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you decorate!!

    What color are you going to paint your walls when you finish with removing the wallpaper?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear that your dryer is fixed. Laundry seem to multiply quickly when you are unable to keep up on it.

    Removing wallpaper is not fun, but well worth the effort. We had tons of ugly wallpaper when we moved in here.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today. Your words meant more than you could imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. we hate wallpaper too....I have heard you can get it off easily filling a spray bottle with fabric softener...spraying it on and letting it sit a minute or two...might be worth a try anyway...!
    and yes, what color will the walls be?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a wallpaper lover! My whole house is wallpapered and I love it! We did remove layers of old paper and it was hard but I just love all of the new prim papers out there! ~Beth~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Laundry is my least favorite chore, too. It is easier these day but I still don't like it.
    You young mothers do keep busy....I remember those days well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't mind laundry but I hate the dishes (we don't own a dishwasher). Removing wallpaper was one of the first things we did when we got this place, you'll enjoy the change I'm sure :)

    Good luck with your redecorating!
    Have a blessed evening!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Katy,
    I think you are a blessing to multiple someone's a day. You know, some people love that peel-y wallpaper look. I don't get it, but I have seen it in some of my magazines. Can't wait to see the final product!!
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay, I'm convinced I need some color on my pale creamy walls. I have decided to paint 1 wall in my bedroom and the entire laundry room. That way, if I make a huge mess only I have to live with it! LOL

    Your room looks great! And so far in 2009 I'm caught up with laundry. I can hardly believe it. That just doesn't happen often.

    Smiles,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy