Friday, January 23, 2009

Cake, Anyone?

Yesterday we had a busy day of schooling. Above is a picture of Madelyn working on some math. She is working on inverse relationships and fact families. :)
Jaxson....being a monkey.......

And Xavier...although he looks innocent...I think he was sitting here plotting and planning what to do next...hehehehe! He definitely keeps me on my toes!!!!

Yesterday held some not so perfect attitudes, quarrels and such....so....I decided to unify the kids more and try to make something fun with no arguments...that we would make a cake (from scratch).....**And it worked! They took turns and we had a fun time!!!**
Everyone donning their aprons... ;o)

A little of this and a little of that.....

Mix it all together and what do you get???

A yummy yellow cake with chocolate buttercream frosting!!!! YUM! :) You are all welcome to come over for a piece! I can make some coffee and hot chocolate too....wouldn't it be a nice time? :)

I made meatloaf and mashed potatoes for supper....Jaxson wanted to help with peeling the potatoes....look at that determined little face...hehe!!!

Remember that bunny light I had gotten for Christmas? Well here it is plugged in, looking beautiful!!! :o)

Some little eyes couldn't stay open till making it to their beds....hehe. He was out like a light...and I thought it humerous how he had Ruthie covered up too....lol...she really is like one of the kids!!!!

16 comments:

  1. we can come over for some cake? Ok.... I'm going to check out the plane tickets right away.... this is my chance! hehe ;)

    greetings from the netherlands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy~
    What a good idea to keep the kids in-line!
    There is nothing like cake and baking to bring a family together!
    I will be there really soon...so have the cocoa warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that pic of Jax peeling potatoes! CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm SO there! Cake, coffee and a sweet friend? Doesn't get much better than that. You're such a good Mommy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're children are so adorable..
    Start fixing the cocoa.. weather permitting I can be there by tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love looking into your daily home life, Katy. You make me want to be a better, more hands-on mom. Not that I am not at all...OH, and I am so there for that cake. Yum!!
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katie,
    I love all the sweet pictures you share of your kids! Brightens my day!!:)
    Please stop by ~ I have a friendship award for you.
    Hugz,
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. This cake thing is pure torture..lol do you know how bad I was craving something sweet..so I toasted some bread ,added some cream cheese , honey & cinnamon! Anyways I have a couple of questions ..we plan to have chickens,how many eggs do you get daily??and do you give them feed or let them roam??Thanks~

    ReplyDelete
  9. True Blessings...I don't know your email so I will answer you here :).

    Now that it is freezing or below in temps here...we aren't getting any eggs..but when it is nice out we can get anywhere from 3-10 or so eggs per day. We feed them chicken feed...plus different scraps of food leftover from meals and such (not potatoes though)...and we also give them chicken scratch at times. When it isn't snowy...we let them free range for a couple hours in the afternoons/evenings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm somewhat new to your blog. I have never commented before, but I couldn't pass this post without commenting on how quickly attitudes change at the mention of cake. Mine would too! :)
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to come over for coffee... wish I lived closer!!

    Hugs and have a wonderful weekend!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I'll have a big piece with some hot cocoa please!!:0) That looks so yummy and dinner sounds delish!! I need to make a meatloaf now!!LOL Have a wonderful weekend my sister!!~hugs~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  13. *drool, drool* Cake looks delicious! Very clever way of getting them to keep the peace.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That cake looks so good. I would love to stop by for a piece, but I am sure the littles would eat it up before I could get there! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm leaving now to come have a piece of cake - tell the kids to save a piece for me! hehe. What a great job they did on it. Love the pictures!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yummy!! Homemade cake sounds so good right now!!I know that face well that Jaxon is making!!My kids make the same one!!They love helping in the kitchen!!Hope your having a blessed weekend and keeping warm!!!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy