Tuesday, January 20, 2009

"Kindness is like snow.......

.....it beautifies everything it covers." ~Unknown

Although I am not a huge fan of snow...I do love to look at it and truly take in the beautiful covering it lays upon everything! And isn't that quote so true at the top? Kindness and love truly do beautify things! :)

12Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
13
Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
14
And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness. ~Colossians 3:12-14

As much as I say I don't like the frigid cold of winter....or the terrible hot of the summer months...truth be told, I am so thankful for each differing season and how each one makes me look forward to the next.
In winter...I can hardly wait for the fresh smell of the spring air, hearing the birds chirping and enjoying light coats while outside! Soon though...the warmth of summer feels nice. Swimming, bike riding, walks, outside games, gardening, soaking up the sun in flip flops and free from coats...all wonderful and enjoyable activities during summer! Then summer starts to fade as the beauty of autumn rolls in, in all it's splendor! The pumpkin-spice air, the gorgeous shades of colors on the trees and the chill to the air that calls need for a shawl. Yum! How I love that time of year! Then the fall leads on into winter with it's snow and cold air. The snow blankets the ground in gorgeous, crisp white and enables each one of us to enjoy our homes....snug and cozy inside with blankets, books, puzzles and projects to keep us busy!

We are finished with our schooling for today...but housework calls my name...although, still at a whisper...hehe! I finished The Parting by Beverly Lewis, early this morning. I will be starting on The Forbidden..the next book in series...soon! So...the day holds tidying, laundry, reading and knitting for me. I have a puzzle for the kids to work on...so they will enjoy that! I hope you all have a lovely day and I truly appreciate you stopping by! xoxo

13 comments:

  1. Katy,
    I love stopping by your blog! You are always full of so many encouraging thoughts and backing them up by wonderful scripture verses!! I really needed to be reminded of thoes verses today!!Although it is hard to be kind when you are the victim,it is our calling and we need to be glorofieing Christ in all we do and say.Being unkind only glotifies ourselves!
    I trly hope you have a blessed day today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post, Katy! enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice post! very poetic and very true, have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that quote! I like snow for the way it makes everything look so clean and bright! Enjoy your day, sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Katy I love Beverly Lewis, I just finished reading The Shunning,and now I'm on the search for the last 2 in the series. I had never read any of her books until I pick up 2 at a yard sale, but now I'm hooked. I cant wait to start the next book.
    I agree I love each season that the good Lord allows us to have, each with new discoveries, mine as yours is fall the fav of all seasons. Yet each we need for one reason or another. Stay warm and have a great afternoon. Blessings, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its so pretty..Although i never been in snow, its lovely to look at..
    have a wonderful rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snow is beautiful and I am thankful for snowy days here and there too.

    I have read many Beverly Lewis books, she is my favorite!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, snow is very beautiful. I enjoy living in a four season state and love how you described the joy of changing seasons.

    I find all of the Beverly Lewis books to be good reads.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's one of the things I most miss about Idaho, the four seasons :)

    Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the snow photos. I miss snow here in Florida. I love how it blankets everything with fresh, crispness. I too love the changing seasons. Hope you're having a warm, blessed day. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for coming by my blog and entering the giveaway! Good luck! Be sure to check back on Jan 31 to see who wins!

    Angie
    "Nana's Box"

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful post, Katy...it was such a joy just to stop by tonight and read these words.
    Blessings,
    ~Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Katy. I love seeing all your photos you post and reading the words that belong to them. Again, very upliftings. xo

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy