Thursday, January 15, 2009

Organizing Xavier's Room

Oh my goodness....organizing a child's room (for the umpteenth time) is soooo exhausting. We haven't even started our schooling yet for the day. Xavier's room is bigger than the other kids' rooms so that is usually the central play zone if they are playing upstairs. Good grief...I think I am ready for a nice and restful nap. We did a ton and I even got the kids helping. Madelyn worked on her room as well...although I think I will need to get in there and declutter "mommy style". Since Jaxson is still little...I usually keep his room clean and decluttered pretty much anyway!

I plan on keeping on the kids more each day to do a *little*....meaning if we keep things clean by doing a little each day...it won't get this overwhelming. I guess the hopeful part of me wishes they would always pick up perfectly and organized after each time that they play. LOL One can *hope*...right???

While cleaning and sorting...Jaxson decided to practice his acrobat skills rather than help. It is frustrating...and yet so cute to watch him swing so fantastically around on that bar! His strength...for a three year old...amazes me. It may be normal strength for all three year olds...but to this mama...it's amazing to watch.


I want to thank everyone for your thoughtful comments about my glasses! I really appreciate them all. I hope you all have a lovely Thursday! :) I need to go....it's snacktime and the littles know it! hehe! Then we need to get our schooling done as well as some housework! Thanks for stopping by! xoxo

13 comments:

  1. Wow looks like you have been busy! My puter has been down so I sure have missed alot!Love your glasses you look great! Blessings Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always a relief to me to have things in order. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For 3 years old I think he's fantastic at it..
    Enjoy the rest of your day, you deserve a rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    I admire how you wake up early to start your day. What time to you usually wake up and go to bed?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so remember those days of always organizing the kids rooms!! It can take all day if you let it go for more then a week!LOL Hope your having a great day my friend!~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. You glasses look great!!

    I love the bar idea in the boys room. Hmm..may need to show dh that. What made ya'll think to put that in there?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tina....I get up anywhere between 5 or 6am. I don't have an alarm...thankfully my body just wakes me when it is rested! :) Thank you for kind words!!! :)

    Michelle...the bar is in X's room because we have no closets in the house. The previous owners had put the bar up and used that room as a big closet and hung clothes there! We use the one side to hang up some of the kids clothes..and the other side is empty...thus allowing the boys to practice their lovely stunts...hehe!!! Thanks so much for asking! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh...and also...Tina...I forgot to add that I try to go to bed before 10. Usually I am in bed around 9 or 9:30...I read and pray for a bit and then drift off to sleep! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, that bar that the little guy is hanging onto...did you put that in his room for that very purpose? :P I have a very active almost 4 year old that would benefit from that very much! New here...really enjoy your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh...I see you already answer "the bar" question! SORRY! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute glasses Katy---they look great on you. I love to organize, and I still have to organize the toy closet, too. It seems like there's always something that needs to be done and redone. Hope you stay warm and have a great day. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  12. He sure looks like a strong toddler! :D

    I have a three year old myself, who I believe to be pretty strong.. but I'm sure she's not able to lift herself up a bar like in the first picture ;)

    Greetings from the netherlands!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Look at that little monkey! That bar is a boy's dream. Wish I could still bend like that.

    Smiles,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy