Wednesday, January 7, 2009

"And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord.....


and great shall be the peace of thy children." ~Isaiah54:13

We started back to schooling on Monday. We had a nice break over Christmas and the New Year but now it is wonderful to get back into the routine of our schooling! Below is a picture of Madelyn reading from her Bible Reader.

Jaxson doing some coloring (totally loving getting his picture taken!).....

My handsome X.....

Learning a bit about the states Maine and Maryland....so far Madelyn knows all her states in alphabetical order from Alabama to Maryland. I had learned a song when I was in elementary school that I still remember to this day and I am teaching it to Madelyn. I think putting things to songs really helps one to remember things!

Later in the day....after resting (Jaxson takes a nap...the older two I let lay downstairs in quiet...just for "rest time"...but they fall asleep sometimes...like they did yesterday!) we had some hot chocolate with lots of marshmallows and homemade caramel popcorn! YUM! It was snowy and icy outside and this was a perfect way to feel cozy and warmed through!


Then later....some games were played! :) Xavier and Madelyn were playing below...but then Madelyn went somewhere and Jaxson sat down so it looks as though he is the one playing...but he really has no idea how to play Monopoly Jr. yet! LOL!!! :o)

Although it appears to have been a perfect day....we had our bumps. Whining, arguing, fighting etc. But they are still growing and learning and we work on it...one day at a time. And no matter what...I love these children wholly and completely. :)

Another day begins again and always lots to do! I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday! I am so so glad you stopped by to read my thoughts and look at my pictures! It means alot! xoxo

17 comments:

  1. All 3 of my daughters are home schooling their children. The youngest daughter did start her boys in the public school system but pulled them out last year because of what and how the school was teaching them. She also is making sure bible studies are included in the day.
    I also heard on the new last night that home schooling is on the rise. A lot of parents are getting fed up with the system and I can't say I blame them.
    You have adorable children, enjoy them while you can.. they grow up so fast.
    Warm regards
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. We started again on Monday too. It really went better than I expected after all the free time they had during Christmas break! Don't you just love watching them learn?

    Blessings,
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, are you talking about the "50 Nifty United States" song?! I totally still remember it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so remember the song that JJ is refering to! Every child must have learned that in music class! We performed it for a concert when I was in elementary school!
    Song is a wonderful way to learn.
    I love seeing the smiles on your kids' faces...they are priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What sweet kids. They look they are enjoying their schooling :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That hot chocolate looks good! Glad things are going well for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your children are beautiful and that looked like a wonderful school day for all of them :)

    Mine are teens being home schooled and we still get the whining and arguing, I don't know if they'll ever grow out of it. I'm not happy with our curriculum this year, too late for a change now.

    Thanks for sharing your day and your gorgeous family with us :)

    Have a blessed day!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is wonderful seeing them so excited about learning. Sometimes Megan will sit down on the floor and ask for school time. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute, cute kids. You are doing a great job, Katy. High five to you for your efforts in teaching them and being such a great Mom. Have a happy day. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love the pic of all 3 of them! Gosh are they growing! I soooo have been missing you but, just been in a slump :) Hopefully in the next couple of days I can get caught back up online! Can I get your potato soup receipe again? I can't find it :(

    Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi,
    I just found you page and I like visiting you! We also us My Fathers World...My girls are 9& 11 and they love it. I love the 'back to school' after break too, I look fwd to it. Will you use MFW next year too?
    Tanna
    www.tannashome.spaces.live.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. First of all I must tell you.... Sister you ROCK! What a awesome thing you are giving your children. An education at home. Just today I went to school and had lunch with my youngest. She sat next to two little girls that were not being very nice to her. Can I just tell you how it broke my heart. I wanted to just pick her up and run all the way home. I have thought about home schooling her for sometime now but really I am not sure. I could give you ten gazillion reasons why I shouldnt or couldnt but that doesnt matter. My hats off to you my friend for doing it. My oldest is graduating this year...middle one is in 10th and loves it...and little one... well lets just say..she is a mommas girl. Thank you for your kind comment that you left behind. Middle one needs all the prayers she can get with that car and her driving. Watching them grow is such a blessing but scary. take care~

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your photos, you know you really make me want to jump in and homeschool my kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a great time to me. I miss when my kids were little.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think either home schooling or charter school is the way to go totally...so glad you are enjoying the adventure...it is fun, especially when the kids are little and so excited about learning...I truly hope they can keep that excitement throughout their school years.
    You may be surprised on how much X is picking up...
    my boys are 17 and 20 and they still argue somewhat, I don't think that ever ends..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just seeing you loving and teaching those young ones at home blesses my heart. They are darling!

    We started back to school this week as well. I'm working hard to freshen it up a bit which is tough with high school. Colton is easy ... so many wonderful projects and unit studies!

    So nice to share a bit of your day.

    Love,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy