Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Humbly My Own.....

Mid pleasures and palaces though we may roam,
Be it ever s
o humble, there's no place like home.
~John Howard Payne

Here are a couple pictures of the living room....all moved back to "normal"....hehe. I really did like it the other way we had it arranged (which you can see HERE) but am glad for it to be back to how we usually have it. (I actually liked the "look" of it better before....but it is such a small room and this way gives us more space as well! :)

Some people have asked me through comments or email what I plan to paint the walls. The truth is...I have no idea yet!! :) We have an addition on to our house that is still a work in progress. In that addition will be our new living room. So this old living room will turn into a schoolroom/library type area someday and I am not sure how I want to decorate it...but I know it will definitely tie into my dining room in some way! :)

Look at that sweet chubby babe in that picture. Do you know who that is? That's Madelyn! Sometimes it is so hard to believe how the days and years have gone by seemingly right before my eyes.

And here is a picture of Madelyn...when she was 2 and X as a baby. I absolutely LOVE this picture! I will probably have it out forever! Madelyn's hair is naturally curly! It always looked like that when she was young. As she has gotten older...some of the curl has pulled out a bit...but she still gets those sweet ringlets!

Lots and lots of snow have we, here in PA! It's cold out there too!!! I am just soooo immensley thankful to our Father, God, for making it possible for us to have this wood burner. I can't even tell you what a blessing it is. In winters past...we had to keep our heat at around 62* or so in the house. It was so so chilly. And with it being an older house...it doesn't hold the heat in well. So we would be in slippers and bundled up as much as possible. While still technically still feeling cold...we were paying a horrible gas bill. It felt so frustrating to pay that much and still be cold!

Now....we are paying off this wonderful wood stove for less than what we would have been paying per month for our gas bill. And....now....we stay between 68* and 70*! It is such a blessing!!!

After lunch yesterday....the kids insisted they wanted to go out to play. So....we got them all bundled up and warm.....

And out they went!

They were out there for maybe a half an hour...and back in they all come. Bright rosy cheeks and snow dripping all over. They were too cold! ;o) After naps that afternoon (and rest time for the older kids)....they wanted to go back out! We spent just as long bundling them up as they did actually playing outside, I think!!! They are always making me smile! Can you imagine a world without children? I can't! What a drab place it would be!

I hope you all have a lovely Tuesday! Thanks so much for dropping by! xoxo

18 comments:

  1. I just love to snuggle with Megan when she comes in with those cold, rosey cheeks. She is just full of excitement and life after spending some time in the refeshing cold and snow.

    I agree the times goes by much too fast. Where did our babies go! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely home! It looks great. And the snow is beautiful. It's amazing how fast time flies when you have children. Mine are 35 and 32 and it seems like yesterday they were babies cuddled in my arms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy, just wait until Madelyn is 17 and you look at her and see yourself at 17! That will make you realize how fast time passes. Enjoy each and every moment!

    Your house always looks so cozy! It will be fun to see the changes you make. Have a blessed day, Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Playing in the snow looks like so much fun. My children want some snow so bad!

    My couch looks just like yours. It's hard to tell just what color yours is but mine is dark brown. Very interesting.

    Have a great day.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Madelyn's hair. Mine has been curly my whole life. Hers is so pretty.
    Do you have 2 different rugs in the front room? I love area rugs...

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...and then they need hot chocolate and noses wiped and more hot chocolate and dry socks and then they want to go out again...yes, I know that outside routine alll too well--LOL!! I can't imagine my world without my girls, either. What joy they bring to me. Have a great day, Katy. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Madelyn's hair reminds me so much of Jasmine's :) Jasmine also has those natural curls, it's so pretty :)

    Sounds like you guys had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katy~
    My girls love going out in the snow too!
    But I know all too well about the taking longer to bundle them up than what they stay outside!
    The world would be a VERY boring place without kids...that is why I have so many!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katy, Your home is so pretty. Thanks for visiting my blog, I'm going to try and get the ME hearts listed today on ebay, my id is *theprimitivebucket* make sure you add the * it!! I'll let you know!!!
    Hugs,
    Joleen

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like your little ones had so much fun! I remember the rosy cheeks I used to get as a child playing in the snow. Too bad we never get any snow down here, I miss it it from time to time (but not the cold!). :)

    Many sweet blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As usual I always love seeing pics of your home! So comfy!
    I have an award for you at my blog.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cozy room! I am jealous of your addition, though, if that means you can turn that room into a library. I keep hinting to my husband how much I would love some built-in bookshelves for a library but so far all I have is him rolling his eyes...bummer!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's so important to enjoy your children while their young.. they grow up and leave faster then you can blink.. my baby turned 30 this year and we miss our kids so much.. the only thing that helps is having the grandkids to spoil.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that you took the time to bundle them up twice! They must've been a little stir crazy to want to be out in all that snow. Kids do make life more fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just look at that snow! We had it once this year.... maybe again in the next 15 years...Living in Louisiana. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow at all that snow!! We are supposed to be dipping down in the teens this week, but no snow...
    Elise
    Doesn't that sweet baby period just go by too, too fast?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww those curls!!!!! :D

    She looks like our little one! Great too see that there IS hope for her, length-wise.. *lol*

    Our daughter has shoulder-length hair right now, but it's soooo curly that it will look like 2 inches long if we don't braid it or tie it up.. ;)

    greetings from the netherlands!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy