Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Seeing Clearly & Clearly Seeing


First and foremost...I picked up my new glasses yesterday. Normally I wear my contacts...but it was definitely time for a glasses update. My old glasses were an old prescription and old frames. It was time to update. I wasn't going to post a picture...but I figured people would ask for one anyway...so after numerous tries...I finally got one that isn't toooooo bad. (Yes, I have naturally curly hair...and yes, some days, I straighten it..hehe!)

Last evening, Chris was working late. My mom and Devon (my sister) took the kids out to eat. So...I got to be home alone. It was nice. I needed to make cookies for Chris's lunches that I pack for work daily....so, now that I could see clearly....I lit some candles (a must for me!), turned on some beautiful music.....and got to baking!



Although my figure (or the lack thereof) doesn't need it...I must admit...that cookie dough tastes amazing! I think I could live on cookie dough as my official diet! I wonder if you ate that...and only that...if you would lose weight? hehe*.

The kids were quite glad that their grammie was taking them out for a fun supper last evening...as I had made a beef roast with carrots and potatoes (One of Chris and my favorites). The kids do not like this meal at all and were so glad how it all worked out! :o)

Last night...after prayer and really asking God to reveal who I am...these are the verses that I read and really stood out to me....

"Do all things without murmurings and disputings: That you may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom you shine as lights in the world..." ~Philippians 2:14-15

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." ~Philippians 4:8

"As you have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk you in Him: Rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving." ~Colossians 2:6-7

"And you are made complete in Him, which is the head of all principality and power;" ~Colossians 2:10


Reading these verses gave me such a peace. I keep reminding myself that I am made complete in Him. How truly wonderful and encouraging is that?? So now...I feel I am clearly seeing. I have read these verses before...but sometimes...during times of question or encouragement...I think God leads us to verses that to help us and remind us! Phillipians 4:8 is one of my favorite verses. I say if often. When wondering if something is appropriate to watch or listen to...this verse pops in my head and reminds me of what I should and should not let into my thoughts! :)

It's another cold, cold day here in PA! I hope you all have a lovely Wednesday and I appreciate you coming by for a visit! xoxo

30 comments:

  1. Glasses rock! :D
    I'd wear them just to look cool, hehehe..

    That dinner sure looks yummy as well.. I think I might have to copy that tonight

    greetings from VERY cold holland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your glasses. I don't wear them, but some days I wish I did, so i could have cool glasses like that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new glasses! I need some new frames myself and I'm almost out of contacts.

    I agree about the cookie dough!

    Blessings,
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you posted a picture, your hair looks cute straight. Nice glasses too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katy~You look wonderful in glasses!! Makes you look like a scholar! You should show them more often.
    I like your hair straightened! But I would love to have your curls. Girl, you have the best of both worlds!
    I love beef roast...my kids aren't too keen on it either...Why are kids like that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new glasses.

    I was just noticing that mine are getting pretty scratched up, I may have to get new ones soon. I love the frames you got.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are reminding me that I need to get my eyes checked because I know I need a new prescription for my glasses. Yours are quite lovely. The cookies look great. I can almost smell them all the way here! Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the new glass....I so need new ones too and was thinking of square ones this time....they sure do look great on you!

    Dinner looks great!

    Have a great day!

    Hugs~T

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those glasses girl! And your hair....why I didn't recognize you Katy! LOL!

    I love roast beef and potatoes and carrots! Emily loves it and Lauren hates it!

    Those cookies look delicious! Do you send out care packages? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, look at you, Miss Katy-I love you in glasses and I love your hair!!! You look GREAT-girl!

    Some poeple look so cool, or classy in glasses and others just look like geeks...
    LOL....me...I would say---I'm a "geek" in my glasses!

    Your roast and cookies are makin me HUNGRY!

    Have a Happy day!

    Hugs-Kath

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your new glasses. That is one of my favorite meals. Perfect for a cold day. We are feeling those cold, cold days also. It is suppose to be the coldest it has been in two years here on Friday. Try and stay warm.

    BTW... I am all for the cookie dough diet. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh. You look beautiful in that glasses. I love it. It's so you!! Glad you post a pic of yourself. **hugs**

    ReplyDelete
  13. Katy! You couldn't be any cuter! The glasses, the hair, the super cute smile! Love it! And love you sister! Thank you for sharing yourself with us all. Another great reminder of God's love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Man that food looks soooo good! I'm glad we have so much in common :)

    And Katy you are absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Katy, you look terrific in glasses!! Those look so pretty...
    And the cookies and roast look so yummy... I can almost smell them from here! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the glasses!!

    Beef roast or stew is one of my favorites as well....AND MY son doesn't like it either! What's wrong with them?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Katy, your glasses look so cute on your face! Your a doll! Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute glasses! I almost didnt recognize you with your straight hair. Those cookies look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the verses that the Lord used to speak to you !! I realize ( on some days....lOL) that we can only be WHAT we are meant to be....when we really understand WHO we are IN HIM !!!!.....
    Blessings.... ( oh and I am so behind , but have things to get to the post office by the weekend so be on the lookout for your book )
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  20. Katy your new glasses are great!!! And I love your hair straightened!! I straighten mine too alot of times!! As for your cookies and meal it looks oh so delish my friend!!! Is it really cold there? We are below zero already and its going to get even more frigid tomorrow night! YIKES! Take care my sweet sister!!~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cute glasses! They look great on you. Mmmmm...the cookies and the dinner look great. You are making me hungry.

    Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are so cute! Love the straight hair too :) The glasses suit you well - perfectly matching. And now I'm hungry for cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the new glasses. ANd how great that you had a quiet evening alone to bake - moms need that once in a while.....those cookies look yummy - we love chocolate chip. Stay warm!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE the glasses! I just got some myself and I love them. You look great in them and your hair is so cute straight too!

    =)
    blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Its so refreshing to read the scripture verses...God bless you for staying true to His Word...
    your roast and veggie dinner is our favorite too and our boys still don't care of it at their ages. I like it with a little horseradish on the beef...got that habit from my dad.....
    isn't it nice to see well?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! Those glasses are so cool. I love 'em. I'll be getting some glasses soon and I'm going to buy the funkiest pair I can find. Maybe not pink with rhinestones but playful & fun. You look beautiful, Katy!

    Smiles,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the glasses, Katy!! You look so cute!! We have the same hairline, too. Great find on those knitting books!! I need to email you my address-I keep forgetting...
    Elise

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy