Saturday, January 24, 2009

Heartwarming Days of Play

Good morning!!! I am so glad you dropped by!!! It is Saturday....and snowing. Another perfect day for indoor play and fun! Watching my children use their imaginations makes my heart warm. The warmth of my heart could melt all the snow outside if it were allowed to. ;o)

Playing kitchen....
And sweet drawings using the imagination.....

Madelyn informed me that this is a bee-caterpillar. It's long like a caterpillar...but is colored and has a stinger like a bee! :) I love how imaginations soar at this age!!!

"The world is but a canvas to our imaginations." ~Henry David Thoreau


Today I will work on knitting, housework and other projects around the house! :) Although it may seem like those are the only things I do....my life is full and happy and I truly love being a wife and mother and keeper of the home! Although at times, the laundry seems never ending and the floors seem to need swept again...only moments after I have already done so, I truly enjoy making my home tidy for my family. Keeping your home is so much more than that though...it is a warmth you generate through love and nurturing of your family and how you take care of them! :) I enjoy being the woman God created me to be!! Life isn't "easy"...but are we not truly blessed to be women created by a loving God who wants to carry our burdens for us? I am so thankful for the life I have been given! I hope you are too! :o)

Last night, I taught my cousin to knit! It went so well and she really caught on! I was so impressed! Hopefully it will be something she holds on to and enjoys to do in her down time!

Below is another dishcloth I finished. I know I seem to be making a lot of them...but I have had to make some for other people and I am also trying to make enough to have for myself! :) This one reminds me of mint chocolate chip icecream...hehe!

I wish you all a wonderful and joyful weekend! I hope love and happiness abound and that you enjoy each moment! xoxo

Occasionally in life there are those moments of unutterable fulfillment which cannot be completely explained by those symbols called words. Their meanings can only be articulated by the inaudible language of the heart. ~Martin Luther King Jr.



11 comments:

  1. Thank you for that great post this morning Katy! I needed to hear that...LOL
    Enjoy your knitting and I hope the patterns arrive in your mailbox soon!
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that being a wife and mother and homekeeper is one of the hightest callings on earth. You are very blessed. Have a lovely weekend. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy sista!lol! I read so much about chickens yesterday , I dreamed about them all night long!lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like another wonderful day in your home Katy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so enjoy taking care of my husband, kids and home too. I feel it is very important to provide a soft place for my husband to fall and a loving nurturing home for my babies. I do also work part- time from home as a healthcare recruiter (for one more week, I'm taking an extended indefinite leave, my last day is 1-30). I feel God is blessing us so I am able to give up my income to devote all my time to my family. I am so excited!BTW... Trevor starts his online home schooling Monday!!! Again, you inspire me girl!

    God bless and have a wonderful, warm weekend!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet post, Katy! I loved the pictures of your precious children being creative! I've always loved it when my kids were doing anything imaginative and no TV! As a matter of fact, we don't even have cable or Direct TV and barely get 1 or 2 local channels (with nothing but bad news on it anyway), so the only TV we see are the DVDs we get through Netflix. I love it though!

    Tell Madelyn I love her bee caterpillar.

    Oh, and could you PLEASE send some of that snow this way? :)

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being a wife, mama and keeper of the home is the best "job" I have ever had. It brings me so much happiness and fullfillment!

    Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A friend of mine gave me a dishcloth she made that looked exactly like that, same colors and all! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What do use to knit the dish cloths? What do you sell them for?
    I am interested....

    ReplyDelete
  10. You had a great day. I love how I can hear the love you have for your family and home shine through your posts - thanks for inspiring me!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy