Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sweet and Busy Days......

“I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls off a string.” ~Unknown


Yesterday was grocery day (I go every other Wednesday). Grocery days are always busy and seemingly crazy....but yesterday was different. When you pray and ask (and are given) a patient and cheerful attitude...it goes a lonnnng way! :) Xavier was "working" at my dad's garage for the day (he loves to do that..and what a great way to spend time with his grandparents and also learn so much!) and after schooling...Madelyn got to go down and help at my inlaw's meat market! She really enjoys it! So....it was Jaxson and me for the day. He was my little "helper" at Walmart and although I had to remind him (many times) to "not touch" this or that and also to stay "right" with me...he did well. He was such a trooper and completely pooped out when we got home! As I put away groceries....he slept! (Ruthie made herself quite comfortable with him too...hehe!)


After housework and laundry....everyone came home for the evening! We had a yummy dinner of chipped steak salads! After dinner was cleaned up...we all gathered in the living room to watch Mary Poppins (a family favorite!).



The kids also got out the game of Candyland to play. *No....LOL...Jaxson is not that far ahead. He wasn't really *playing*....just kind of doing his own thing...hehe!*

During the movie and such...I worked on this:

You may remember how I had made my sister and I little cell phone cozies...well, my sister loves hers so much...she told me the other night that her little mp3 player needs one too!!! LOL So I put my other knitting projects aside for a bit and knitted her up a lil cozy for her mp3 player!

It was a full, busy but really nice day! :o) It's still super cold here in PA. Lots and lots of snow!!! (I went out to feed the chickens this morning...boy was I a sight....pj pants, my husband's big boots, glasses and a coat....LOL!)

Today....I leave you with this quote:

“This is my wish for you: Comfort on difficult days, smiles when sadness intrudes, rainbows to follow the clouds, laughter to kiss your lips, sunsets to warm your heart, hugs when spirits sag, beauty for your eyes to see, friendships to brighten your being, faith so that you can believe, confidence for when you doubt, courage to know yourself, patience to accept the truth, Love to complete your life.” ~Unknown

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a full day. Its so great to be able to spend one on one time with the kids sometime. Love the quote. Stay warm and have a great day! Blessings, karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. woo hoo! i think that little cozy will be PERFECT!!! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy,
    Sounds like you had a buisy day!I love grocery shopping day!!It`s always a nice feeling to have the cupboards and frige full.
    I got the Mary Poppins dvd for Christmas from my hubby.The kids just love it.
    That littltle mp3 holder is very cute!I love the colors!!
    Right now I`m working on a change purse for Emily.Maybe I`ll update my blog later and show some pics!
    Hope you have a blessed day today!!
    Love and blessings,Toni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a wonderful evening. We love Mary Poppins too!!

    I have to ask, what is chipped beef salad? I would love a recipe for sure, it sounds yunny!

    Have a wonderful day!

    God bless,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute cozy! I never thought of that for a cell phone! How do you knit one of those? I can knit but just about barely. Is there a pattern you use? I love the picture of Ruthie sleeping with the little one. Have a lovely day. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its amazing how the mundane things are the things that bring us the most joy in life!! Especially when it comes to taking care of our families, as its what fulfills us the most and brings us joy knowing we are taking care of them!:0) Have a very Blessed day my sister!!~HUGS & LOVE~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great quotes!

    I'm loving the picture of your son with the dog laying on him. Looks like a cozy spot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great day. And I love the picture of your son!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Ruthie is precious, but Katy... where is the pic of you in the pj bottoms and big boots!!!! LOL, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our grocery day was yesterday too. Why are those days so tiring?

    I love the quote at the end. I may have to borrow it for my Creating Contentment Blog!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Walmart tires me out, too, jax! I always take a nap afterwards! Love him coozed up on the sofa wih the pup! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the title of this post : Sweet & Busy Days!
    It says so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Katy!! Hope all is well at your house. That cakes looks yummy-great idea to get all the kids involved. Hope you have a great weekend. Julie

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy