Friday, January 30, 2009

An Old Watch....A New Idea

Ok, I know this watch looks kinda silly...BUT...let me explain. This was part of my husband's old watch that he didn't like. The band was horrible. I got him a new watch a while back and this one....with the clock part still working....was just kinda hanging around. I don't wear a watch....and I thought it would be nice to have something in my purse so I can know what time it is...(without having to turn on my cell ~ which I rarely use). So...I ripped off the icky old band and knitted a little holder for it and attached it to the watch! So yes...the watch itself is ugly...but it will be perfect to grab out of my purse when needing to know the time! :)

Other than that.....just normal days here....schooling, playing, cleaning etc. Today we are working on cleaning up the kids' rooms. For some reason...it takes my kids (the boys especially) a whole day or more to do what I could clean up in their rooms in an hour. It is hard for them to stay focused at the task at hand (cleaning). So, I am going to go in and help. Not *do* it *for* them...but help move things along! :)

I will also keep working on knitting dishcloths and the patchwork throw I am working on. Nothing overly exciting...but things I enjoy nonetheless.

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so."
-Iron, Mary Jean


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. So glad you stopped by!!! :)
I wish you all happy, normal days like mine! :)


14 comments:

  1. Wow! Great idea Katy!! I may have to do this for my oldest daughter who will not wear a watch, but always takes a purse with her!!!

    Did the patterns make it to your door yet??

    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever idea for the watch! It gives new life to an otherwise "not so pretty" watch. I remember supervising my kids cleaning their rooms! Certainly an all day project! Have a lovely weekend. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Katy,

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! It is so very nice to meet you. I have enjoyed looking at your blog and seeing all your pictures.

    Blessings!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy~That is a great idea...This should definately not get lost in your purse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to use an old watch!

    I spend many an hour helping clean my 3 kids rooms..lil guy's room is easier than the girls for some reason.

    Have a great Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea Katy!!Thanks for sharing!!Have a blessed day!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your idea of fixing up an old watch.. I'd like to do one like that and fix it to hang on the outside of my purse.. that way I can just peek at it when I need to check the time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to repurpose and reuse!
    Have a super weekend, Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute idea!

    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. your patchwork throw sounds lovely,hope you take pics..
    i cant get the hang of knitting..i have tried..the only thing i can do it knitted scarves or purl blankies...i wanted to knit a basketweave, but got all messed up..its so much harder than crocheting..
    well, dont want to bend your ear...
    have a lovely rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that was a wonderful way to reuse and item that's still useful. Good idea! Yay for making the dishcloths - I just crocheted my first one!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a great idea, Katy! I love your solution for the watch for your purse. I would use something like that too, as I don't wear a watch either. I don't like having to pull out my cell phone when I'm out to see what time it is.

    Have a great weekend!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  13. So good to catch up with you, Katy! It looks like you're all making the most of these cold and stormy winter days.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE normal and am grateful for days that are such. Hope you have a wonderful weekend, Katy. Julie

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy