Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My Lil Cottage in the Snow!

Wanna guess who got a hold of my camera again? Jaxson took a self potrait.....hehe! Chris says we need to get that one printed and framed! ;)


I ended up having to run to the post office yesterday and since my van was not running...and my mom already stopped to visit...she let me use her car while she stayed with my kids! :)
Here is a pic of our home...a work in progress. Our home is small...and I consider it our little cottage! I love that word...cottage. ;o) Hopefully this spring it will be finished being sided (the whole thing...even over the blocks) and there are a few more windows we need to replace. Someday in the future, I would like to tear the very front room of the house off and make it a real, open porch! :) We did have big icicles hanging off the roof along the edges...they were really beautiful but Chris knocked them all down. They aren't good for our roof! :)

Below is a picture of our house from the other side....see how we have been redoing it? It's truly exciting to see it blossom into the picture we have in our minds for it to be! Chris has done almost all the work (with some help from his brother and other friends!)! I am so excited for the siding to be all up!
Scenery on my way to the post office.....isn't the sky beautiful??? :)


Supper last evening was wonderful. We had some violin music playing in the background, quietly. It was beautiful and put a sort of calm over the whole meal. Of course, the kids had lots to talk about and all though! :) After supper was cleaned up....I sat and knitted while watching Chris and the kids play and wrestle! :) It was really nice! I know the kids enjoy spending time with their daddy! I love being able to take it all in. I kinda felt like a fly on the wall....just watching and smiling. When daddy is home...the kids love to get his attention. Of course, they love their mama.....but there is something about a daddy coming home that the kids love!!! :)

We had a yummy dinner of stuffed chicken breasts, mashed potatoes and corn (frozen from the cob from corn we grew this past summer....YUM!). Madelyn was a wonderful help with setting the table and helping to clear it as well while I did the dishes! :)

We had a really nice day yesterday! :) There is a winter storm watch here for this evening and tomorrow. Hopefully it doesn't get too bad out! Maybe it will miss us completely, as it is just a watch?? :)

And here is Sir Stinks-a-lot....(ok..that's not his name...but I think it should be! lol)...our dog, Cash(after Johnny Cash). Actually my husband's dog. I don't claim ownership because this dog drives me bonkers! The above pic is of him as a pup. Wasn't he soooo sweet? He was the runt of the litter and soooooo tiny! And below is the pic of him all grown up....after a good bath yesterday! (So...now I guess I can nickname him Sir Doesn't-Stink-Alot, right?) Look how he has grown! I miss him being wee....he was much less chaotic then!!! hehe!

Just out of plain curiosity....I know I have many readers who don't comment and that's OK....but I would just love to hear from you! Even if it is just to say "hello!". It's always fun seeing who stops by! You don't have to be a blogger to leave a comment! You can leave an anonymous comment...but just sign your first name on it so I get an idea of who you are! I would love to "meet" you all! I about fell off my chair when I realized I have 97 people "following" on the sidebar! I am truly appreciative that you all enjoy coming by! It means a lot!

I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday...I totally plan to!!! (Btw....my van is fixed! YIPPEE!)


36 comments:

  1. That self portrait is HILARIOUS!!!! You should definately frame it..

    I'm thinking a print as big as a headboard to hang over the bed! It'll cheer you up whenever you feel down, hehe ;)

    greetings from the netherlands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cash is adorable all snuggled up in the chair, I just love him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy you stay so busy. Your cottage looks wonderful. And what a cute pic of Jaxson. Hope you are staying warm and hope you do have a fantastic Tuesday! Blessings, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does Jax have a camera of his own? We bought Katelin one for about 20 bucks or less at Walmart. :) Doesn't hold a ton of pictures but it's cute, small and digital.

    I think your house is lovely! And by no means small. ;)

    Have a great Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that self portrait. Something my son would do for sure.

    I love how your house is looking from the outside and I do enjoy reading your blog.

    This time the storm will completely miss us for once and I am so glad.

    Stay warm and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I sneak over here and read your post but then I do comment once in a while.
    Love your house but LOL it's not small compared to mine.. I call mine a cracker box :) but it's comfy and I'm just grateful we do own our own home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing pictures of your house. It is always neat to see where other people live. Putting on siding is quite the job. My hubby did all of the windows and siding on our house. It looks great, but now I understand why they call it sweat equity!!

    My little stinker likes to get hold of the camera too. Luckily she doesn't know how to turn it on... yet.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katy, yes I too hope that snow storm misses us! Hubby is out of town until Thursday night and I don't feel like getting out the shovel LOL!!

    You addition is very lovely as well as your country home. Thank you for sharing it with us all in blogland.

    Blessings,

    Sher

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katy~
    I love reading your posts...I can see why you have 97 followers!
    I wish that mine would leave comments for me too!
    I love your home! I can't wait to see the siding color you are picking out!
    Enjoy your snow...I know I do!
    There is nothing better than a "Snow Day"

    ReplyDelete
  10. We bought a fixer upper too. It can be stressfull at times but it's so rewarding when you get something completed on your house. Plus I'm always so happy that I married such a handy man.

    ReplyDelete
  11. From the outside your house looks pretty big.
    The kids are cute as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are a popular girl! Although I am not an official follower, I do check your blog everyday! I love your house and it looks huge to me! We are in just over 1100 sq. ft. and there are definitely times when I feel cramped and want to scream! I love that you stay busy but still take time to relax and enjoy your life. Reading your blog each day reminds me of the true joys of life. Love ya girl!
    ~Jill

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't comment every time but I do come every day! Your boys remind me of ours when they were little...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Katy! I am one who reads your blog everyday but has never commented. I enjoy reading about you and your beautiful family. I have three children too, two boys and a two month old baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jaxson loves that camera! Your little cottage is so cute!

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your house is adorable. Love the picture of your son!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your home seems so *warm* - from the inside out. I love your cheery posts and have been following your blog for awhile.

    Blessings,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your home looks so beautiful in the snow!

    I can't believe how much the kids have grown since we have been 'chatting'!!

    My kids are the same way about daddy time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi! I read your blog fairly regularly, but I'm not a blogger, so I don't leave comments very often. I love your house, and like some others have said, it doesn't look too small! How nice to read about all your family time, and your love for your kids. Mine are grown, and live far away, so enjoy every day that you have!!
    Have a great day,
    Janet A.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sweet post Katy! Please forgive me, I've had sick little one's and haven't been to the post to send off your package!! I will get it out this week!!

    BTW...Your home is lovely and the addition looks like it will be awesome when finished. You have a beautiful cottage. =)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello! I just wanted to say Thank You for your comment the other day. I have received numerous emails from people with all kinds of advice and truly appreciate each & every one.
    I will have to sit down and read through your blog. It looks interesting and I see that you homeschool too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Katy!

    I am one of those who reads fairly regularly, but hasn't commented much - mostly from lack of time, but just wanted you to know that I really enjoy your blog and your transparency in sharing your thoughts and feelings. You have a very sweet family.

    Blessings,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi
    I am new to your blog and I love stoping by a few times a week. I love that you use MFW to homeschool with,because thats what we use too! May the Lord bless you,
    Tanna

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Katy!! Hope you're having a great day. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lol!Jaxon is too cute Katy!That`s definatly a picture or his baby book:)
    A home is defintly a work in progress! You have such a cute house!
    Your dinner sounded like it was very yummy!
    That nick name is too funny for the dog!! I know your not a big fan of his but it`s sweet that you tolerate him for your hubby!!
    Hope you have a truly blessed evening!!!Love and blessings,Toni

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lol!Jaxon is too cute Katy!That`s definatly a picture or his baby book:)
    A home is defintly a work in progress! You have such a cute house!
    Your dinner sounded like it was very yummy!
    That nick name is too funny for the dog!! I know your not a big fan of his but it`s sweet that you tolerate him for your hubby!!
    Hope you have a truly blessed evening!!!Love and blessings,Toni

    ReplyDelete
  27. That photo is definitely a keeper, it's so cute :)

    Sounds like you had another great day at your house.

    I agree with the kids and the daddy, there's a special kind of bond :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. The house looks great! I love that my hubby is so handy, too! Love the snow pics-so beautiful...but I have to say I don't miss it for too long, it was 76 degrees or so here in Jacksonville Fl today!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Katy,

    First of all, you gotta love that first picture! That's a keeper for sure!

    Next, I wanted to tell you that I think your home is charming! And I love the snow too!

    And last of all, make that 99 followers...I somehow missed following you...so I am number 99!

    Have a great rest of the week!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the pic J took lol That's a keeper for his 21st birthday.

    Wow, I think your house looks big. Can't wait to see it with the siding.

    I love looking at your pics of snow.

    awwww look at the puppy. Look at him all grown up too.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I really enjoy reading about your day. After a hectic day teaching 7/8th graders, and having 3 "almost" grown children of my own, I sometimes lose myself in your world and smile remembering about my young children. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your house is beautiful! I love the cottage feeling. And it is great that the kids love to be with their daddy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  33. what a beautiful home you have..doesnt look small to me at all..:-)
    i love the snow pics, what a beautiful sight to see..
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love, love, LOVE your home, Katy!! I want an old home. I guess I will just have to make mine feel old, huh?!?!
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  35. I just found your blog today and wanted to let you know I came by to say hello. What a sweet family you have. You are blessed!

    All the best, Lana

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hey I've just found your blog and reading from the beginning! And got to here where you ask to say hello. Hello! And I love your blog! Caroline x

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy