Friday, January 9, 2009

A Thursday Afternoon At Home

After lunch yesterday...I put Jaxson down for a nap. I came down and the older two and I have "quiet time". I knitted.....Madelyn worked on her needlework project that she got for Christmas and Xavier did some coloring.


Then....I make it mandatory for us to put all our "stuff" down and rest. We don't have to "sleep"...but just close our eyes and rest a bit. Usually..my kids who are "not tired"...end up falling fast asleep.....

Then wake up with some absolutely adorable rosy cheeks!

Later, after Jaxson woke from his nap....it's time for play!
A bit of dress-up......

A bit of silliness....

And lots of smiles!!

Once Chris got home, we had a nice supper of breakfast/egg casserole and spent an enjoyable evening together as a family! You can find the recipe for that HERE. We have lots of snow and those freezing white flakes are falling right now as I look out my window. It's cold out...and I am so thankful for the wonderful wood burner we have to keep us warm! There is a winter storm watch for our area this weekend! Brrr! I plan on staying home as much as possible!

I finished a book the other day....it's called The Christmas Quilt by Thomas J. Davis. It was a really nice book, heartwarming and sweet! It takes me a while to get through a book since the only time I have a moment to read is usually right before bed...and by then, I am so pooped, I don't get too far in the book! LOL I am now reading the Courtship of Nellie Fisher Series by Beverly Lewis. I already read the first book...but am rereading it because I read it a while back and need to refresh my memory before reading on in the series! I really enjoy Beverly Lewis books! :)

Well, off I go! Another day to live, learn and grow! Have a wonderful weekend friends! :o)

"Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning; for in You do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul to You.
Deliver me, O Lord, from my enemies: I flee to You to hide me.
Teach me to do Your will; for You are my God: Your Spirit is good; lead me into the land of unprightness."
~Psalm 143:8-10

12 comments:

  1. The sun is shinning brightly here, but they are warning that snow, freezing rain and cold, cold temps are on the way.

    I am a huge fan of Beverly Lewis. I think I have read all of her books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are supposed to get freezing rain ad snow late tonight, It's very cold here and after a day of cleaning and getting the house ready for the kids to be home, I'm making Hot chocolate!

    I haven't read any of her books yet but It's on my to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great afternoon you all had!

    I Love Beverly Lewis. Once I get started on her books though, I can't put them down. I have to make sure I have a whole series at a time from the library because I can't wait to start on the next one!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kids always have such cheerful smiles!

    Thank you for your sweet comment, it means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos Katy :)

    I'm reading the same Beverly Lewis series LOL I'm halfway through the first book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another Beverly Lewis fan from 'down-under' - I just love her books too. I've just discovered another 'Amish' writer of novels, Wanda Brunstetter but haven't begun the book I recently purchased.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Katy! I love that you and your family to "quiet time" things! I value you that so much!!! I also can not get over how much your daughter looks like Mecca! (I don't know if I spelled her name right?) Wow! You have a beautiful family with so much to cherish and give thanks for!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brought back such fond memories seeing your little girl with her sewing card! How did I get to be 51? sigh.......

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Katy. I copied down your breakfast casserole recipe. It sounds yummy! The "Christmas Quilt" sounds like a lovely book. I'll have to see if I can find it in the library. I'm always on the lookout for a good, uplifting book. I haven't read anything by Beverly Lewis. I'll have to check that out too. Hope you're having a lovely day. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your kids are so cute, Katy!! I wish I could enforce that close your eyes rule around here, I could I guess...I need to go close my eyes now.
    Elise

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy