Monday, January 26, 2009

Being Held

I absolutely love the song Held by Natalie Grant. I have it playing on my music player on my sidebar. No matter what our struggles....as difficult though they may seem....we are being held in the arms of our Savior! He loves us! He will carry us....He wants our fears and burdens! It is truly difficult to give them all to Him...but imagine the peace of giving it all to Him and trusting in Him to take care of it! The One who holds the whole universe in His hands wants us to let Him care for us.

Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:6-7

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. 1 John 4:18

Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof. Matthew 6:31-34

Today, I encourage you to worry not, stress not, and let God take care of it. He will do a much better (the *best*) job than we would...and does worrying and stressing about things actually improve anything?? This is an area of my life I have been working on and really want to encourage any of you...who may have these same difficulties...to work on as well. Just let it go!

When we feel the urge to worry or stress....let's pray and then sing (whether aloud or in thought)....

Seek ye first the kingdom of God
And his righteousness
And all these things shall be added unto you
Allelu..alleluia
Man shall not live by bread alone
but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God
Allelu..alleluia
Ask and it shall be given unto you
Seek and ye shall find
Knock and it shall be opened unto you
Allelu, allleluia

I will be in prayer over this for myself...and for any of you that want me to pray for you as well! Drop me a line, whether in the comments or my email (link in the sidebar), and I will be happy to pray for you in this as well!

My van is acting up...and won't start. Luckily, my sweet husband should know how to fix it at some point. But for now, I am home. (I had no plans to go out today anyway!) A day of schooling, playing, housework and projects!
My mom is coming out for a visit later as well! It's always so nice to talk with her! My mom and I are very close! :) The kids adore her as well so they will be excited when she pops over too!



Below is one of my favorite spots in my home. I just love it and wanted to share. I may have shared it before...but I know I have new readers who drop by and I wanted to share it with them as well! :) I want to thank you all for stopping by to read! I know that some comment...and many others do not...but I know that you DO stop and I truly appreciate it!


It's still cold here in PA....Temps in the single digits and teens. Brrrr! There is something about looking out at the wood stove, though, that makes me feel cozy! The smoke coming out of the top looks so warm against the bare trees in the background. Oh...and my clothesline...I am really looking forward to spring...hanging clothes out again...the kids playing outside and riding their bikes...gardening...reading in the sun....cookouts out back...the chickens running to me in the yard, hoping I have food scraps for them ;) ....I will struggle to enjoy each season happily until it passes, but I must admit that with winter...the word struggle needs emphasized! ;)

I must run...as there is much to do...but quickly, before I go....I have a blog friend, Rosie, who makes beautiful things right here in good ole PA! :) She is quite the talented lady and if you have a love for handmade bags and clothes (especially for wee ones)...I encourage you to check out her shops. You can find them HERE and HERE and HERE. I just wanted to share it with you all....for no profit of my own...just sharing sites I love! :) She actually made me an adorable pouch a while back...I think close to when I started this blog and I just love it! She is a lovely person and seamstress and I think you will all love her stuff! THIS is totally my favorite bag that she is selling!!! I absolutely LOVE the cows and the CHICKENS!!! And the colors are fantastic as well! Ok....I am done, hehe....off I go to continue my day! xoxo

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing. I would appreciate your prayers. I constantly struggle with letting go of things to let God handle them! Hope you get your van fixed soon. Until then, enjoy your warm, snuggly days inside! ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. huldahq@verizon.netJanuary 26, 2009 at 1:08 PM

    You had the words I needed to hear today; Thank you!! This is an area in my life I struggle with; I try to put everyones burdens on my shoulders and fix their lives along with anything going on in my life-it's very exhausting. I am new in my relationship with God and this is something I would really appreciate your prayers in. Thank you for your inspirational blog, I enjoy reading it and it always seems to lift me up when I am down or in doubts. Best of luck with your van repairs-vehicles are such a nuisance. God Bless!!
    Huldah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww sweet Katy!! I am so very thankful to have you as my friend!!! Praying Chris can get your van started!!! Just a quick note to let you know Im thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an inspirational post! Your blog is one of my favorites. I too struggle with worry. Another good verse that helps me is Philippians 4:6,7. I will pray for you and ask that you will pray for me. I do hope your van gets fixed. I enjoy reading about your lovely family. You are a delight! Thanks, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  5. i struggle so much with worry..I am the biggest worrier..I am trying so hard to let it go to my father in heaven...
    stay warm my friend..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that your van is an easy fix! Your fav. spot in your house is so prim perfect!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. That wood burning furnace looks like it's working away in that cold weather of yours! Your home decor looks so warm and inviting. I like that shelf going around the room! And I always smile at your kiddos. They are always having a good time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love looking at photos of your yard - no matter the season but especially the winter pics you show.

    I hope hubby gets your van fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know, our pastor was teaching about fear being the opposite of faith a few months ago and it has really stuck with me. I think I can definitely be fearful, but I know it doesn't come from God. I love that Held song, too!!
    You yard looks so beautiful!! Home days truly are the best aren't they??
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Katy!

    I really enjoy your blog. I spent quite awhile yesterday reading through a lot of it!

    I'm grew up in Cleveland and now live in Jacksonville, Fl. I definitely do not miss the winters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That 'special place' of your home looks absolutely lovely! Like something clipped from a magazine.. :) I'd be sitting there reading and enjoying some quiet time for sure! hehe..

    It's cold up here as well.. but not as beautifully snowy.. just cold and dark.... I need me some summer! ;)

    Greetings from the netherlands!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy