Monday, December 22, 2008

Pictures From My Home!

I have a humble home with lots of character. Chris and I rearranged the living room the other night. It is a small room and the sofa is pretty large for the area....but we make do with what we have...and it is a nice lil couch...I turned it on a slight angle and turned the rug in front of it and I think it ended up looking nice! I moved a few other things around as well...we are having lots of company for Christmas! :) (I know I still have wallpaper to peel from the walls....I have really been putting it off. Most of the time, I forget it is there!)

And here is a pic of my dining room at Christmastime...one of the few rooms in my house that is redone and finished (except the rug...I hope to be getting a braided rug for in there instead, soon!) It has wood floors, although you can't really see it well in the pic!

As well as cleaning and rearranging and all that fun stuff... :o) I have also been....can you guess??....Knitting!!! LOL I have been continuing work on my nephews hat and also on some dish cloths.
My basket of yarn....gosh, I have an addiction to yarn and thinking up all the things I can knit and create with the different beautiful colors!

And last, but not least....a picture of my sweet Xavier...he is playing ISpy on their computer in the schoolroom. Their computer in there is not hooked up to the internet. It is just for playing fun and educational games! :) My kids LOVE the ISpy books and computer games!

It is super super super cold here!!!! Like....0*F or below! My dad's thermometer at his house said -10*F!!!! Brrrrrr!!!! So so so chilly!

I hope you are all staying warm and cozy where you are and are having an enjoyable time preparing for our Christmast celebrations this year! :0) Thanks so much for stopping by~it's always a joy to read your words! xoxo

23 comments:

  1. Your home is lovely. I loved ISpy in the highlights magazine when I was a kid. :) I need to introduce Kaleb to it. Thanks for sharing that.
    Have a very merry Christmas!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures of your house. It was 0 deg. here this morning - UGH. Stay warm and have a wonderful CHRISTMAS!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a beautiful home. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

    Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home is so cozy looking! I love it! It is bitterly cold here, too. It was -1 this morning and the electric kept going off and coming back on again all night. Merry Christmas Katy to you and your sweet family! Hugs! ~Beth~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stay warm and cozy, Katy!

    Your living room and dining room look so nice! I love rearranging furniture, but my dh does not.

    Have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this arrangment best, makes it look so cozy, good job! Were cold here too, it was 4 last night! Not normal this early. I feel for the chickens! Holiday hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katy,
    You have a beautiful farm home.
    Merry Christmas,
    Kim in OK

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your home looks very nice and cozy!! It was 30 below here today actual temp not just the windchill!! Merry Christmas to you and yours...I hope you will stop by and visit me soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your home is lovely and cozy. I especially love the dog under the dining table; makes it look real homey! Everything here is covered in ice and has been for 4 days. DH had to thaw out water yesterday--darned wind.
    Have a wonderous and blessed holiday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Katy! Your home looks lovely! Blessings to you and yours this Christmas! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have such a warm and cozy house! And so CLEAN! How do you do it all? You're super Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw your living room picture and immediately thought, "What an adorable room!" I love your house pics.

    My aunt gave me 2 knitted dish cloths for Christmas and I just love them.

    We are deep in snow and cold here too. Not as cold as you though! We range from 18 to 30 degrees.

    Merry Christmas katie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Merry Christmas, Katy!! I hope you have peace, love and happiness this holiday season. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your home is always so warm and cozt to look at !
    I hope you have a blessed Christmas!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your home looks so warm and inviting. Love your tree.

    I wanted to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, Katy, just stopped by to wish you and your family a very blessed Christmas! ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your house looks so pretty and cozy, Katy!!
    Hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas!! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  18. Katy,

    I think your home is great! It looks very cozy and family friendly....my favorite combination!

    I hope you and your family had a very Merry Christmas and we wish you a Blessed New Year too!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Katy!!I love the pics of your home! My home is small as well and I think a small home is warm and cozy.Plus it costs less to heat and decorate!!!Lol!
    Also,I was so excited to see all of your knitting projects!!I thinks it`s wonderful how well you are doing with it!Maybe one day I`ll try out some different projects.
    I hope you have a wonderfulday today!!!
    Love and blessings,
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your house looks so cozy, Katy. I really like it. Don't you just love changing things around and freshening up? I call it "playing" house and I was doing a bit of that myself this weekend. I do believe one of my boys said, "Not again!" LOL

    Smiles,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy