I live a life full of blessings. My cup constantly runneth over. Is my life perfect? No! Am I perfect? Not even close! But Love is in my heart. God *is* Love! He is the perfect Love. And He makes me joyful. I find extreme joy in the little things...and there are always lots of sweet, easily-missed-if-you-don't-take-mental-record-this-very-moment things going on around *each* one of us.
Last night, after an evening visiting with my grandma, sister and some friends and Madelyn returning home from Massachusetts....I just felt overwhelmed and cried. I cried tears of joy. My heart was overflowing with so much joy that I couldn't hold it in. I am so blessed. Life is hard, times are hard, things are imperfect...but if you pull back the curtain of *life* and let God hold those curtains open for you...you have the chance to peek through. Look at the things around you that are easily taken for granted...a gentle hug from someone you love; a breeze, outside, carrying the fragrance of spring flowers through the air; the laughter of children; freshly cut grass; bread baking in the oven; the sun warming your face as you step out from inside; loving encouragement from a friend; playing and laughing with the one you love; cool, clean water as you wash your hands after gardening outside.....the list is really endless. The key is *choosing* to see past the hardships and viewing the blessings that God *has* poured out on you.
I know sometimes, times are so difficult, you don't think you can see anything but the pain. I know the hurt, grief and frustration that can be felt when bad things happen. It's difficult to go through the hard times in our seasons of life. There *is* a time for everything. God said it. So know...if you are struggling with a difficult time, He is there to carry your burden. He will love you and comfort you. And know that He "makes everything beautiful in its time"......
and a season for every activity under heaven:
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.
What does the worker gain from his toil? I have seen the burden God has laid on men. He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live. That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil—this is the gift of God. I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that men will revere him.
~Ecclesiastes 3:1-14 (emphasis mine)
I awoke, yesterday morning, early...as I always do. I came downstairs and in the schoolroom....I noticed this:
Yesterday was a beautiful day. I was doing housework and encouraged the boys to go outside to play! They did, some, but also told me that they wanted to be near to their mama...so they went and got some crayons and paper to sit in the dining room and color so they could be "near me". I thought my heart would burst! I would go in, from time to time and compliment their drawings and try to encourage them. Although when I complimented one....the other thought he *needed* to draw the same thing too. Jaxson drew a butterfly....so X drew a butterfly. X drew a tractor...so Jaxson drew a tractor! ;)A few areas of my home that I wanted to share, before I go, that bring me joy.....
Above, a look into my dining room as the sun rises. It is what I see in the morning as I sit in the living room during my quiet time with God. :)My kitchen sink...where I spend lots of time! Dishes are washed, drying and soon ready to be put away. :)
And a few cheerful areas in my bathroom. Decorated in a Mary Engelbreit theme. :)
I love walking in, a burst of cheer jumps out at you, as soon as you open the door! :)
I hope you have a good weekend! I appreciate you stopping by...and I pray that I have expressed my joy in a way that maybe you can take some with you. Knowing God and His love provides us with a joy that is best felt...rather than just expressed. I hope you feel it too! I will leave you with this beautiful psalm.......How amiable are thy tabernacles, O LORD of hosts!
My soul longeth, yea, even fainteth for the courts of the LORD: my heart and my flesh crieth out for the living God.
Yea, the sparrow hath found an house, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young, even thine altars, O LORD of hosts, my King, and my God.
Blessed are they that dwell in thy house: they will be still praising thee. Selah.
Blessed is the man whose strength is in thee; in whose heart are the ways of them.
Who passing through the valley of Baca make it a well; the rain also filleth the pools.
They go from strength to strength, every one of them in Zion appeareth before God.
O LORD God of hosts, hear my prayer: give ear, O God of Jacob. Selah.
Behold, O God our shield, and look upon the face of thine anointed.
For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.
For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.
O LORD of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee.
~Psalm 84
So lovely and calming. Peace just radiates from your post. Have a lovely weekend.
ReplyDeleteBlessings Gail
Katy you bless me each and every time I read your blog! Thank You! I especially loved the precious pic of your little boy sleeping :) My daughter also sleeps with her legs crossed like that, and I did when I was little LOL Your dining table is beautiful when the sun comes up - Thank you for reminding me of all of God's blessings!
ReplyDeleteAn absolutely beautiful and inspiring post!! I needed to read about God's love and finding it in the little things - I tend to focus on the problems instead of those little things. Thanks for that reminder!
ReplyDeleteI loved the pics - especially the one where your little one is taking a nap, lol. So cute!
Glad Madelyn's home safely =)
Continue to be blessed!
Katy...what a blessing to read your post this am. It was joy for me to be with you and your family/friends last evening. Thank you for inviting me into your lovely home! Kathy ~ BC Spa Girl.
ReplyDeletelove the pic of jax sleeping!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures and post. I totally agree. We must choose to look for God's blessings instead of focusing on circumstances. Thanks for sharing. God bless.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful post and love the way your lil' boy is *not* napping:)
ReplyDeletethank you so very much for posting such a lovely post! I truly believe the way that you do...I think so many times we are looking around for something we DON'T have instead of what we DO have...and it can be some of the simpilest things. You have a great day and thanks again for sharing
ReplyDeleteBlessings~
Leslie
What a sweet post... such a blessing. I love the picture of Jaxson sleeping... "I didn't sleep, mom."
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful and uplifting post, Miss Katy! Isn't it wonderful to have some of those "joy" tears fall from your eyes? I have those moments too, when I just can't comprehend how good God has been to me.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for this post- it put a big 'ol smile on my face that will last all day! (Especially J denying the nap! LOL)
Your house is beautiful and your post is always a blessing. I have read your blog for about a year and it always blesses and inspires me. I usually don't ever comment but today I feel God's blessings and you were one of them.
ReplyDeleteYou expressed your joy beautifully. I think you even made my day better. In fact I know you did! I read such obeience and love for God in all your writings. Praying for an extra blessing for you. You are such a wonderful ray of sunshine!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
AMY
Everytime I read your blog, I'm inspired! Your words always come across so warm and welcoming. We can feel God through you!!!
ReplyDeleteMany blessings
sisters in Christ,
Amy
Made me cry today... I needed to see your thoughts on blessings. Great reminder, thank you
ReplyDeleteTanna
Dear Katy, This is a very sweet post! Thanks for sharing from your heart all God has done to bless you. I know just how you feel. I feel the same way about my hubby, kids, and our wonderful home. Sometimes I have to pinch myself to make sure it's all real! Your little boy sleeping and all of your photos are wonderful!
ReplyDeleteI just so love your blog...YOu inspire me daily with your kidness and loving ways..YOur kids are so adorable..you have a nice and cozy home..Trully you are blessed..
ReplyDeletehugs,
Praise God your family is home safely. It is wonderful to spend time reading and sharing uplifting words from a positive person like you. I am a see the glass as 1/2 full and not 1/2 empty. Life is better when we are thankful for what we have instead of looking at what we dont have. If we are to have it then our heavenly Father will provide. I see your little boys like John Deere tractors too.
ReplyDeleteKaty, what a beautiful post! I enjoyed every word and every photo.
ReplyDeleteLittle bleesings are so important! We tend to take a lot for granted. I have been working on that quite a bit in the past few months. I have a lot going on in my life that is deeply sad and beyond my control, but focussing on the "little things" helps me to get through it. I have some really hard days, but I know that God is in control and He walks right beside me everyday. I am so thankful & grateful that He loves us so.
Have a great weekend!
Dearest Katy, I am blessed beyond measure reading this TODAY. SHEER ABUNDANT BLESSINGS... truly!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad I was brought here this morning to be reminded of God's goodness. To not take for granted the blessings around us.
I hope you do something special with the photo of Jax sleeping with the sunlight on him ... it is FABULOUS! God's boy bathed in SONlight.
You and your family ENJOY today.
Thankyou for being my friend Katy.
Thank you for blessing me today.
holykisses xoxo
Lea
(the music is so soothing...)
LOVE IT!
I just love coming to your space here, I leave feeling uplifted.
ReplyDeleteThank you and warm wishes, Tonya
So inspiring and uplifting! I could use a dose of joy and thankfully, more and more the Lord is teaching me to live for today! Make memories count today! To gain pleasure from the small things like hanging out clothes and baking breador coloring with a child.
ReplyDeleteYour blog is a blessing!
Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving such a sweeet comment and entering my giveaway. I just attended one of my nephew's high school graduation....the first one being home-schooled.....and it was the loviest ceremnoy ever! You and your family are truly blessed.
ReplyDeleteHugs N herbal Blessings, Mandy