Monday, June 20, 2011

Counting Memories...


We had a nice Father's Day...did you? Chris loved his gifts from the children. He got two. One was tickets for him and the boys to go to a Pirates baseball game in July (along with other men from the family) and the other gift was a ticket for Chris to attend Promise Keepers in August with some other Christian friends of ours! He is really looking forward to both events. Chris has been to PK once before, and I just love when he comes home, the fire newly stoked in his heart.  


Yesterday, at church, I was blessed to talk to a good friend and sister-in-Christ...her heart spilling over with joy as the Holy Spirit does His work in her and her family's life. It's a *beautiful* thing to witness. They are newer Christians and the more she learns, the fuller her heart gets. Seeing them grow in their faith is just fantastic and it can easily move me to tears if I linger too long talking about it! ;)

**Here at Home**

Rolls, fresh from the oven...


I love to find ways to repurpose things...we used up some parmesan cheese, so I washed it out and made it into a baking soda shaker for use when cleaning (or any of the many other uses for baking soda)! :)


We had one of our favorite meals the other night...hamburger stroganoff over homemade noodles...


Truly, if you like egg noodles...if you haven't already, you should try making your own. They are not difficult to make and they taste so much better than the ones you buy at the store!


After much time at play, sometimes even the children who "aren't tired" fall asleep...


Jaxson isn't in these photos. He had been with his Grammie at the time....but if he *had* been home, he would've slept too...he is a good sleeper. Naps are a common thing for him!


Outside, clothes dry on the line...(a friend is giving me her old clothesline, as well...it doesn't work for her family as it isn't in a good place to hang clothes out. I am really excited because I will have double the room to hang out laundry! What a blessing!)...


The chicks are still a bit nervous around people. They are quite fond of running and "hiding" in this corner of the run...


Aren't they growing nicely? I think they are just getting prettier by the day!



Have you ever watched the movie Luther? It is a wonderful movie. Chris and I watched it, for the second time, over the weekend. I completely recommend it!  It helps explain the Reformation...of course, one would want to explore and learn more about it than a two-hour movie...but it gives the general idea and is also just an enjoyable movie to watch.

Another movie I highly recommend is America's Godly Heritage by David Barton from WallBuilders. His knowledge of our country's founding fathers and the truth about their beliefs and our Constitution are amazing. There is *so* much that has been erased from our history textbooks that shouldn't have been. Children are completely lacking in their education of history! This movie explains so much and is a wonderful education for your children (as well as yourselves!). If you have Netflix, you can get this movie for free...it is one of the streaming movies. You could also check your library for it. If not, I completely recommend purchasing it at the link above. You will learn *so* much.

For example, did you know that there is no mention of "separation of church and state" in the Constitution? If you were not aware of this, please read HERE or HERE. You will gain such insight and knowledge! *The only way to get our country back to the Christian nation it was started as is to educate people about the truth! :) We need to teach our children the truth, even if the schools don't (or won't). As a homeschooling mother, I have complete control over this....but even if your children are in public school, you can teach them these things at home, as well!

                                                                                 


Chris, mowing the lawn on Saturday (I love to see all the green, don't you? I love all the trees!)...


The children's clubhouse, in the woods...


Chris would like to make the children a wood clubhouse sometime...but this building was a Christmas gift for the boys, from Ma and Pa. Chris helped them put it together a couple weeks ago. It's made from a strong, waterproof foam material. It won't last forever but it is fun for now!


Today will hold treasures unseen. Times spent reading and playing with the children (we're planning on playing some Bingo here in a bit), devotions, housework, bread baking, and maybe some gardening, later on. Simple moments...each one a treasure that I intend to keep close to my heart. Times like these may seem mundane or boring to most, but truly, this is what life is made of...the *everyday* moments. 

I know this post was full of random-ness....lots of jumping from one thing to another. I hope you didn't mind following along with me. :) Thank you for visiting and if you haven't yet, you may enjoy checking out  THIS recipe I posted for a really healthy carrot cake. I hope you enjoy your Monday. 

Warmly,
Katy

"We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand... and melting like a snowflake. Let us use it before it is too late." ~Marie Beyon Ray

12 comments:

  1. Katy, I do love the simple things in life such as fresh cut grass, spending time with my family and just enjoying all of the things that God has place before us and in our care...I love seeing new posts from your blog. It is a joy to read here and thank you so much for all of the useful information you leave your readers. Well I am off to hang out some laundry, today is sheet day in my house and speaking of sheets there is nothing like falling asleep on a fresh line dried sheet after a long day and a hot shower, see I told you lol I love the simple things in life...Be blessed and have a wonderful and blessed week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy, I love the random-ness of the post. It is just the simple day to day things that are so special , you are so right. Thanks for sharing all that you do on each post. I always enjoy coming to visit your blog.
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fun kind of post...a bit of this and that!

    Your kids fort is so great! They will have lots of fun!

    We love stuff from David Barton and Wallbuilders!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so agree - the simple daily things of life are what makes up the largest portion of our lives. Learning to love and cherish it is important! Also, the homemade egg noodles are fabulous! In fact, my husband wants to get me a pasta maker so I can make all of our pasta! I'm going to try making lasagna noodles from the recipe next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katy, we were blessed with four Pirate tickets. We're headed out as soon as David comes home. It sure is wonderful having tight knit love in the home! Blessings to you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    you are so right. Treasure is in the simple things. I love to garden and bake too. Your food looks wonderful and I would love to make more things myself. Sometimes that is hard, because my grown kids (20 and 17) don't always like everything. They are very difficult and demanding with their food at the moment, which isn't very stimulating for me ; )
    I watched the movie Luther together with my husband and we both thought it was a wonderful movie. It's great to get the explanation of the reformation. It is a difficult subject after all.
    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love the movie Luther! We watch it every year on Reformation Day (aka~ Halloween in the world.) Awesome movie indeed!

    I have also used Netflix for some Wall Builder shows. So much information that I never learned in school. I am so blessed to be able to homeschool my children and have such resources at my fingertips.


    Have a blessed evening in THE LORD!

    Amanda
    Matthew 6:33

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoy the simple things most too, Katy!

    Thanks for the movie recommendations! Since we only do Netflix or DVDs, I am always looking for the best family movies! I'm on my way to put that in my queue.

    Have a simply wonderful week! :)
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopped in tonight to gleen from you blog. So many times I find words I need. Your amish dolls are cute. Thanks for your suggestion for a name for my new doll. I make my own noodles sometimes. My youngest boy loves them. Me to. I love the smell of fresh cut green grass. My chickens Grace & Ruth look like yours. They sure do grow fast. Blessings!
    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Growing up, we would have loved the wooded path with a club house of our own - - such fun and a great way to keep it simple and stimulate the imagination! Your pictures brought back memories of my childhood. We didn't have a club house, but I remember draping old sheets and drop cloths to make tents in a wooded area behind our house. It was a favorite place to eat homemade Popsicles, catch lightning bugs, and tell spooky stories. (: Thanks for sharing Katy!

    Smiles & well wishes sent your way!
    Louisville, KY

    ReplyDelete
  11. Katy, I just want to say I stumbled across your blog recently, and it is now bookmarked. :) I love reading about your homey, country life, and the simple pleasures it affords...it reminds me a little bit of my own upbringing in the country. You have a beautiful, Christlike spirit which I greatly admire. Keep up the good work, and you are absolutely right that we should treasure those seemingly "mundane" moments in life...in this crazy, fast-paced modern world too many have forgotten what it means to slow down and savor the simpler things. God bless you...

    ReplyDelete
  12. i didn't know the boys had that club house! cool!

    can you make those egg noodles with wheat flour... or would that make them weird?

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy