Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Only God

At times like these man is helpless...it is only God Who can speak the words that calm the sea, still the wind, and ease the pain...so lean on Him and you will never walk alone.
~Helen Steiner Rice

We all experience difficult times in our lives. Moments of loss, tribulation, fear, frustration, disappointment, discouragement. Each moment pierces our heart, hurt overflowing...and we feel no one can possibly know or understand our pain.The world keeps on turning, lives keep living and there we are...standing alone with a thorn in our heart. We hide the pain. We cry the pain. We scream the pain. Where does true comfort come from? 

Only God. 

The One Who created you is the One Who knows you completely. Only He can ease the pain of the hurt you feel. As the world turns...rest in the peace of your Father. With Him, you are never alone. He loves you...I know this for certain, as I read it, daily, in His Word. He has a love letter for you...you can hear it HERE

Do Not Be Anxious
Do not be anxious, said our Lord, Have peace from day to day --The lilies neither toil nor spin, Yet none are clothed as they. The meadowlark with sweetest song Fears not for bread or nest Because he trusts our Father's love And God knows what is best.
~Helen Steiner Rice

I write what is on my heart...as I feel God leads. He led me to these two poems yesterday...but I didn't realize why until I began to type today. Is this post for you? I hope you find words of comfort and warmth here. :)

I have some photos to share, from days past. 

Some (not all) books purchased at our library's annual book sale...


Dr. Madelyn, attending to the wounded Xavier (who scraped his knee while playing out back)...


Many of our window stars have faded with time, so I spent some time making some more (I only finished two, for now, though!)...



Madelyn, helping Jaxson read...


Puppet shows...



I tried THIS recipe for Bacon Cheeseburger Roll Ups for supper, one evening. It was good! (I left out the onions and used homemade pizza dough, though!)...


Miss Madelyn...




Jaxson, helping in the kitchen...


And, I am so excited, I recently saw THIS trailer (about the problems with feminism) and looked into buying it. Fortunately, I found that this was a DVD offered from Netflix (which we have instead of television). I can't wait until it arrives! I really look forward to watching it!


Thank you for visiting me today. I have a list of things I would like to accomplish so I best get started! :)
I hope your Wednesday is a good one!

Warmly,
Katy


"We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand... and melting like a snowflake. Let us use it before it is too late." ~Marie Beyon Ray

16 comments:

  1. Katy - thank you. This post really was meant for me. Sending big hugs through the internet to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy, I am facing my own troubling times, mentally, emotionally and financially. Thank you for this post, it was truly meant for me. God's Blessings....Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter has such a gentle spirit with her brothers! So very sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thank you for this Katy. I really needed this today. Feeling a bit off today and of course God always gives me just what I need. The Lord has given you a true gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pictures are wonderful. I love the stars on the window.
    That bread looks delicious.
    Thank you so much for the writings. I really needed them.
    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katy - Thank you for this post...I don't think it could have came at a better time...I have a dear friend thats husband just walked out and left her and her children. I'm going to be trying to pass on this wisdom that you have just passed on to me.....Thank you...(((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUP, I can SO relate to this! I try so hard to be less anxious, not worry so much, especially about my son, DIL and soon to be here grandson, but they are so far away in HI, I pray ALOT and it does help ease my mind:) those roll-ups sounds good, may have to give those a try, thanks for sharing:) Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your thoughts encouraged me so much, God fills his loving presence around me in the pains of life~

    I enjoy the pictures! Your home is beautifully decorated ;}

    http://hislovingpresence.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katy-girl,

    Your blog always blesses me!

    I've seen that movie and it is really good.

    Thank you for the link for the cheeseburger rollups...this looks like a perfect recipe for my 12 year old to make.

    I think my Sarah who is almost 9 and Madelyn would be great friends!

    Blessings!
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Katy, for these words. I know they are sweet reminders from a loving God. I have struggled the past months. Every new day brings other battles. Battles concerning our oldest daughter moving out before she was graduated from school. She now lives with her boyfriend and his parents. I have found out many things to be lies that I have believed for years(because they were told to me) and our family whom are not Christians, have really been hard on us and our choices concerning the matter. I am in so much pain, with my emotions and I know my husband is too. Oh how I love my daughter so much. All these issues concerning our relationship with her and her with her younger siblings has been overwhelming. Please pray God bring healing to our family! It is my prayer God Empower my husband to lead accordingly and help me to follow and make right choices especially concerning our younger children. I long to be the wife and mother God wills me to be. There is so much I can not put into words, I was younger when I had her, 20 years old. I hurt when I remember thinking of what the future would be like for her. I know God intends Good and has a great purpose for her life. I nearly gave my life to the world in my youth even after accepting Christ as savior I turned to live my own way and do not want to see my daughter do the same.I know that I have so messily tried to show her the only way is thru Christ. So above all, May the main prayer for her be, to not turn from her choice she made as a child to follow Christ. Thank you so much for these much needed prayers Katy! and anyone who reads and decides to pray for her. Thank you! love Angie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Katy,

    We have Netflix instead of TV also. We don't miss our TV either!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  12. At this time I am trying hard to find & express the right words to comfort my daughter & lead her to Christ. I have questioned myself the past few days & thoughts of - I should have insisted she not leave. Why didnt I just take the keys? Could have things been cahnged? I will never know. I thank God I have her. I can only pray that God speaks through me as he gives me the right words. Helen Steiner Rice's poem is so ment for us at this time. Blessings!
    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great post. Thank you for sharing what God puts on your heart. You are a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love dont be anxious poem...i have been so anxious and loaded with anxiety..i needed to hear that..
    thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Katy
    I thank you for those words of inspiration from the Holy Spirt, they really touched me today as I read them. They are certainly a comfort to me as I was feeling fear and just felt like the world was turning and noboy could help in my pain. Thank you for reminding me that only our heavenly Father understands me completely... Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always love looking at all your photos! I love those ones of Madelyn teaching her little brother to read!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy