Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Friendship's Flower

Life is like a garden
And friendship like a flower,
That blooms and grows in beauty
With the sunshine and the shower...


And lovely are the blossoms
That are tended with great care,
By those who work unselfishly
To make the place more fair...


And, like the garden blossoms,
Friendship’s flower grows more sweet
When watched and tended carefully
By those we know and meet.


And, if the seed of friendship
Is planted deep and true
And watched with understanding,
Friendship’s flower will bloom for you.
~Helen Steiner Rice


You may have noticed that I really enjoy the poems and words of Helen Steiner Rice. I have used them often, in my posts. :) I got to see my sister today...as well as littlest Eloise. If you haven't, you should go see this short video of her HERE. She's too sweet! :) 

I have much I would love to share...but a headache has set in and I need to rest it for a bit. I hope you are each enjoying your week. I enjoy all the comments and emails I receive from you...*thank-you*! Your kind words, love and encouragement are such a gift to me! I look forward to writing more and having new photos to share, soon! 

Warmly,
Katy

"We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand... and melting like a snowflake. Let us use it before it is too late." ~Marie Beyon Ray

6 comments:

  1. Such a lovely post of all Flowers and I too really enjoy Helen Steiner Rice Poets was introduce to her writings back in 1976 with the pasting of my Dear Mother one of her friends shared with girls.
    Hope your are feeling better..
    thoughts and prayers...
    Warm Summer Blessings
    Trish-Ladybug

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers are beautiful. The poems are wonderful. My daughter was in a bad accident & one that you used spoke to me & I mentioned in one of my posts recently. Prayers lifted for you. Blessings!
    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty flowers always make me smile. :) I hope that you are feeling better soon. I also get headaches and they are not fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katy
    That is a lovely poem. I enjoy reading your blog and the photos that you share with all of us. You are an inspiration. Praying that you are feeling well soon.
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, Katy!

    I just love growing things!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Much love to you and your family today, Katy. I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy