Thursday, June 16, 2011

Making Me Smile...

The children were so excited, while working in the garden, to get to drive the mower (that doesn't actually *mow*) aka: the row maker, with daddy!

Two of them had to sit together to weigh enough to keep the mower going (the seat has to be weighed down or the mower shuts itself off!). Madelyn *loved* driving!

You can find *more* garden photos HERE and I have more to come of seeds sprouting and plants growing that I will share soon! :)


Yesterday (Wednesday) my sister and Eloise came to town! Eloise was exhausted and hadn't gotten a sufficient nap in the day, so while I was holding her, here is how she fell asleep...

Truly, this is exactly how she fell asleep on me! She planted her face into my shirt and soon, was sawing logs! It was so funny! I kept trying to situate her to turn her face a bit to the side (I mean, burying your head must make it terribly hard to breathe!)...but each time I tried to move her a smidge, she would plant her face back into me! It was so funny...so Devon had to snap a picture!

Below, I have a couple older photos to share. :)

Madelyn, years ago, with all her curls and that smile that lights up a room...


And here is one of me and my sister. It was Christmas when I was maybe 6 or so...and Devon was maybe 4...? It makes me giggle every time I look at it! Look at Devon's face! ;)

My sister shared some fun photos of our family HERE if you want to take a look! Just a short post today...it's been a long day and my heart needs to head to bed! :)

Kindly,
Katy

"We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand... and melting like a snowflake. Let us use it before it is too late."~Marie Beyon Ray

7 comments:

  1. Katy...I love your pictures! I love to hear about your family! I love your little neice! It is amazing how Madelyn looks just like you. Hope all else is well for you and your family.

    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry...I know it is "i" before "e" except after "c"...............
    you would think I would know how to spell niece at this old age! LOLOLOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad there is NO family resemblance! Hee hee

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful bond you & Nen have. Eloise is comfy. Your littles are the cutes farmers. Stop by & suggest a name for my new doll if you like. Blessings!
    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Madelyn's curls! And holding that baby--oh, what a sweet feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet to see them "working" together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it is so incredible how much madaline looks exactly like you as a child! Every time my daughter would walk past a picture of me wiht my family she would say,,"who are those people standing with me(meaning her). She thought she was standing in that picture. Ha.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy