Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Birthday Celebration

"Your birthday is a special time to celebrate the gift of "you" to the world."
~unknown


Cory, my brother-in-love (Devon's husband), celebrated his birthday last week. We had a picnic at my parents' house to celebrate on Sunday afternoon! It's always fun to spend time with loved ones, thankful for another year of life they have been given! For Cory's birthday gift, we purchased him a year's subscription to Eating Well magazine! It seems like something he will enjoy! He has been very conscious of what they are eating (as well as his parents) ever since finding out his father has cancer. I think this magazine will hold lots of valuable information for him! :)

In the photo, above, is my Chris, Jaxson and Cory with Eloise! I made the birthday cake...it's a super-healthy carrot cake! My sister gave me the recipe (and although my pieces of shredded carrot were much-too-large...it was still good!). I will try to share the recipe with you, soon. :)

Cory with my sweet niece, Eloise (who I enjoyed snuggling for a good amount of the afternoon!)...


El and Madelyn (hehe...isn't El's face so cute here!)...


Jaxson and Eloise...


Xavier, enjoying some carrot cake...

My boys played some catch in the back of my parents' yard. I remember when my sister and I played catch in that very spot! ;) (Yes, my boys are dressed the same...they aren't twins....but I love to dress them similar when I can. Some call it cheesy...I call it *cute*!)...

Madelyn, just hanging around!

The outfit Eloise has on in the photos above was not what she wore to church. You can see the *adorable* dress and bonnet she wore that day HERE. I am so happy, too, because today she and her mama (also known as my sister) will be coming to town and I get to see them! I always look forward to those days!

I hope your Wednesday is enjoyable and lived fully...moment by moment. Those moments are what make up your *life* and *you* get to choose how to spend them! It's my choice to walk with my Jesus each and every moment...joyfully and intentionally. :) How about you?

With Warm Wishes,
Katy

"We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand... and melting like a snowflake. Let us use it before it is too late."~Marie Beyon Ray

5 comments:

  1. What a cutie pie! Thanks for sharing the photos! Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so darling!

    Your pictures and words are always a sweet treat to read!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a beautiful day Katie! Enjoy spending time with your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to LOVE to dress my 2 oldest boys alike. They have gotten too old for that, at least that is what they tell me :) I have lots of pictures of them in matching outfits when they were little. Precious memories!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy