Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Place me like a seal on your heart...


... like a seal on your arm;
for love is as strong as death,
its jealousy unyielding as the grave.
It burns like blazing fire,
like a mighty flame.
Many waters cannot quench love;
rivers cannot sweep it away.
If one were to give
all the wealth of one’s house for love,
it would be utterly scorned.
~Song of Solomon 8:6-7

Photobucket

You were meant for me. It's been plain to each of us from the beginning. Remember the days, when a small kiss was stolen between us, when no one was looking? Or when we both just *knew* that everything about us was just right? All the laughter, the tears, the trials, the memories....Our plans in life have intertwined perfectly...something no other could have ever given me. God knew my heart lay with you, and always would.


Photobucket

When I have learnt to love God better than my earthly dearest, I shall love my earthly dearest better than I do now.
C.S. Lewis

Through the heartache of losing our first child...to the joy of the three beautiful births of Madelyn, Xavier and Jaxson. You were there, encouraging me, pushing me, breathing with me...and then...through tears, we both watched as this precious gift, messy and new, was brought forth. A glorious creation, knit together by God using the yarn from you and me. This bit of perfection brought tears to my tearless man. You kissed my forehead...I loved that. Your love and pride shown across your face. I have never felt more loved than in those moments!

Photobucket

We have journeyed through the sorrows and joys of life together for over a decade. The ups and downs, the side to sides...always hand-in-hand. Watching you, as a father, is a blessing. Your laughter and tender heart are evident. Your discipline of the children...in love and training to nurture their growth...is just what they need (as I can tend to be too-much-a-softie, at times). I admire your strength.

Our faith in Jesus has matured over these years as well. Each of us learning and walking in the faith...bringing us closer together with each step. I treasure the moments I see you reading your Bible or praying...Or when you take the time to teach one of our children *why* we do what we do, as Christians. We are such different people now, aren't we? God has taken our hearts and made them new. I am so thankful.

I love...
...that you are never too old to play ball with the children...or wrestle and laugh.
...that your nephews love you (and I know your newest nieces will too).
...that when you nap on a Sunday, the way you tip your hat over your eyes.
...when you sit with one (or more) of the children on your lap and read to them.
...your patience with me.
...that you still love to hold my hand.
...when you pray with me.
...that you love the simple life, like me.
...when you go through the house singing and the children sing along with you.
...that you dance with me, randomly, no music needed.
...when you dance your fingers through my hair, brushing curls away from my face.
...that you are a hard worker and help so many that need you.
...that you obeyed God and went to Romania on that mission trip...despite my struggles with it. The children and I were so proud of you and missed you terribly (I didn't realize I could miss someone so much)!


I treasure you, Christopher. I always will. We are so far from perfect...each of us doing our best, messing up along the way, learning, growing and building our marriage. But, I believe this is to be expected. It's traveling the journey (rocky and difficult as it is) together...sticking through the rough timeAlign Centers (and learning from them) and enjoying the joyful, happy times!

Lovingly,
Your Katy

Chris and me, after we were first married...young, in love....

Photobucket


A great marriage is not when the 'perfect couple' come together.
It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.
~ Dave Meurer

A good marriage is the union of two forgivers.
~ Ruth Graham

Eve was not taken out of Adam's head to top him, neither out of his feet to be trampled on by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected by him, and near his heart to be loved by him.
~ Matthew Henry


Does your husband "rock"? I know mine does....for all the simple reasons. :) I am so thankful for *him*. Thank you for sharing in my heart's thoughts today! I hope you will visit again, soon!

Warmly,
Katy


"We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand... and melting like a snowflake. Let us use it before it is too late."~Marie Beyon Ray

16 comments:

  1. A wonderful tribute to your husband!!! I have one just like him. We have been married 35 years- 36 in September.
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful tribute to your hubby! Brought tears to my eyes:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an awesome tribute to your husband! After 29 years my husband and I are still finding out new things about the other...we too have a beautiful relationship! What a blessing to us and all our friends in blogland for having and experiencing this kind of special love and relationships! Aren't they awesome! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Katy! I can also say I am very lucky to have a man just like him. 29 years and I hope for many more!!
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katy I love your blog, following your family and your life is one of my daily routines, I love to read about how your family lives such a simple life, this is the life that I love and try to live by as well, even though my children are all grown and have their own lives it still encourages me to live simple, gardening, canning, freezing, thrift store shopping, garage saling etc. Keep doing such a great job and enjoy every single day of those wonderful children of yours, it will go by fast.
    Hugs
    ~Rhonda~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing! You have inspired me to write my own tribute to my husband for Father's Day this year. Thanks for sharing your days, your heart and your life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You both are very special followers of Jesus, mates, and parents. May God continue to pour out His blessings on you both!
    You sister in Christ, Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was so beautiful, Katy! My husband is a peach and is in so many ways..just like your husband. We are blessed by God!

    Blessings,
    Susannah
    oh..BTW..it has been 46 years!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nicely written! I still need to write "My husband rocks!" post. I love that Darlene is doing that. What a fabulous idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I lost my husband unexpectedly 10 months ago. Your blog made me think of him and think back to some great memories.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. May God continue to bless your marriage & family. Blessings!
    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for entering. I am wrapped in a blanket of your precious words. You are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a sweet post and pics

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a beautiful post :) It seems like we both have something in common we both have husbands we love dearly! I am excited to follow your blog, it is really beautiful!
    Jayne ( Jaynes Jotter)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! Enjoyed your blog site also!! Thanks for your visit!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy