Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Fellowship of Christian Friends

"Is any pleasure on earth as great as a circle of Christian friends by a good fire?"
- C. S. Lewis

Last Saturday evening, we were invited to a cookout at a friend's house. This was a time of fellowship, laughter and good food with some dear Christian friends. We are so thankful for their friendship! We took the Jeep to their house, all along back (bumpy) roads! I'm not sure that Jeeps are made with shocks...it was a wild ride! Chris loved it though!

When we got there, we visited for a while and then the children spotted the *ranger*...


Oh how excited they were when Mr. Rob offered to take them for a ride!

There they go!


Smiles all around!

Madelyn, flying...


I love this photo of our friend, Joe, pushing his daughter on the swingset. Her face is glowing!


Another friend, pushing her son on the swing! He absolutely loved it! **I must admit, I miss *my* babies being this size!**

Who loves jumping on the trampoline!?

...my Christopher does! Yes, yes, that one below, higher than all the rest, he's mine! ;)


The men played some baseball and let the children take turns batting and playing, as well!


It is necessary, when a ball has been hit into the high grass, for all playing to cease and ball-finding to commence! :)

"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art, like the universe itself (for God did not need to create). It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival."
~C.S. Lewis

I hope you are able to enjoy the fellowship of good friends. People you can trust and who know they can trust you. A group of people who, just like you, are full of faults and imperfections ~ but are journeying through this life on the same narrow path as you. They pick you up when you are down and ground you when you need it! Chris and I are so thankful for the treasure we have in these friendships!

"Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up."
- Bible: Ecclesiastes

My family and I visited my sister-in-love in the hospital last night and got to hold our new niece, Josie. She is just so tiny and perfect! Such a gift she is...we are so thankful for her and the safe delivery! We are so blessed to have another life added to our family. I just love seeing Chris's side and mine, growing! :)

Today...my sister is coming to town! Yahoo! I have every intention of snuggling Eloise as long as I can! I am looking forward to it! (I just got to see them on Sunday...but 3 days is long enough, in my book! I would see them every day if I could!)

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you are enjoying your week!
Warmly,
Katy

"We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand... and melting like a snowflake. Let us use it before it is too late."~Marie Beyon Ray

5 comments:

  1. Good fellowship is so precious! We do enjoy it here nearly every Sunday at our home.

    Thanks for sharing your photos! Enjoy Eloise today, well, and your sister! :P

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your beautiful spirit. Thanks for letting us into your life and giving me somehting to look forward to every morning when I can read your blog. Blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post. Spending time with good people is always such a blessing and I'm glad you and your family had a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you all had a very fun and blessed time among friends!

    *Christi jo*

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you had an amazing time, I'm so glad you enjoyed yourselves! If a trampoline is around, you'll often finding me bouncing along too... ;)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy