Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Family Favorite Meal

Hamburger Stroganoff
over homemade noodles

If you have never made this meal before, I hope you will try it! It is delicious and a favorite at our house!

First, I make the noodles and lay them out to dry (below I have a batch of wheat noodles and white noodles made). HERE is a recipe for egg noodles, similar to the one I used! :)


I also made bread (to go with the meal and for our general eating)...

To make the hamburger stroganoff...you first want to brown a pound of ground beef. When it is ready...you will add a can of cream of mushroom soup, a can of mushrooms (I use stems and pieces) and some pepper. Let that heat up to boiling (or super hot). :)

**While your meat is browning...you will want to have a large pot of water on the stove, heating up to boiling for your noodles!**

Then, to the stroganoff, you will want to add approx. a cup of sour cream (I don't measure...I just put some in.) You can add more, to taste, if you want. :) Heat till warmed through completely.

Once your noodles are cooked....drain and rinse them....

Make sure you get your bread all buttered and covered in jam! *yum*

Serve the stroganoff over your homemade noodles and with your favorite veggie, add the homemade bread and there you have it! :) A delicious meal your whole family will enjoy!

If you make this meal or have made it in the past...I would love to hear what you and your family thought of it! :) I, actually, may have posted this recipe in the past...I don't remember...but just thought I would share it again! :) I hope you enjoy!!! :)

Joyfully,
Katy :)

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee,
and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

~Numbers 6:24-26

21 comments:

  1. Good morning!

    Definitely need to try this one.It looks sooo goood.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Have a blessed day

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks DELICIOUS! I make a stroganoff that is very similar, but I usually use the Amish noodles you buy in the store, I'll have to try it with homemade next time;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katy,
    When you had talked about the beef stroganoff before, I tried it and my family LOVE it! It is one of my son's favorite meals! We have it at least 2-3 times a month. It's a hearty meal for a frugal price.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Nicki in WV

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually get the storebought kind - the one where all you have to do is brown the meat and then dump everything into a bowl from the packet and let it boil. Done in 8 minutes. My brothers love it... but I think they would like the homemade kind better.

    I'm scared to try the homemade kind because it might not turn out to be what I'm expecting? I should like to try to make my own noodles and do everything from scratch one day =)

    Thanks for sharing about your fam's favorite meal and the pictures =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'll make this for supper tonight - thanks for the idea. I won't make my own noodles, though - I wish I had the time. I have some store-bought egg noodles in the pantry, so I'll use them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks delish Katy. Your noodles are what we call here in Missouri "we call 'em dumplings". I love simmered in rich turkey broth and chicken pieces. Turkey broth makes some mighty fine dumplins'. That pic made me hungry and its awhile until lunch yet, see what you went and done by posting pictures like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to try your receipe tonight. But since I don't have the time to make my own noodles I will use some macaroni noodles that I have an abundance of. Next time thought I will make the egg noodles.

    Thanks for the great receipe and so simple too.

    Anne F.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I make something similar to this, but call it my "Emergency Meal" :)
    While browning 2 lbs. of hamburger, I mix one can of cream of mushroom soup with 1 to 1 1/2 (soup) cans of brown rice milk (some of us are lactose intolerant:) I then drain the fat from the hamburger, then add the soup/milk mixture, salt & pepper and cook on low for 45 minutes. I have served this over noodles or rice. It is a very easy meal to make and I usually make it when I can't think of anything else to make, which is why I call it my "Emergency Meal" :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks good, will add it to my file! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. my mouth is so watering over this! thank you for entering the sam harvey giveaway. a winner has been chosen already but i would like to extend a discount on the jadite or any other bag from $90.00 to $75.00. thank you for following sam harvey blog: http://lara-serbin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Actually that is the same way I make mine other then I add a can of beef broth... either way it's a very good meal.. was some of your noodles made with whole wheat flour? they looked so neat being two toned. Yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that you make so many things from scratch; bread, noodles, etc. Keep those good recipes coming!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmmmm! Looks so yummy! May I stop by for dinner sometime?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum! I made these noodles after one of your post on homemade noodles. They turned out good. Thank you for sharing the whole meal plan you do. The jam looks so good. I found the file boxes and they were on sale! YIPE! Smiles, Angelia

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love stroganoff! I'll have to make some soon...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I must try the recipe for your homemade noodles. This dinner looks divine. Thank-you for sharing.
    Shanna from mommiesandbeyond.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm totally going to try this:) Thismorning we had the baked french toast with praline topping that you nake and it was very yummy!!! A nice new years breakfast!
    Happy new years to you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was looking through your recipes you have on here and came across this...Oh my goodness my family loves this...ever since I found this a couple of months ago I haven't brought bread or egg noodles from the store...:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes I've made this and it's awesome!! And yes I got it from you. And I also thank you for the noodle recipe. My daughter told her teacher in school that her favorite food are homemade noodles. Thank you Lord for Katy.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I make something similar but I make my own sauce instead of the mushroom soup...

    I want to make my own noodles now! It seems so easy to do this!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy