Sunday, June 27, 2010

Knitting in the Round

I have started my first-ever project while knitting in the round. :) Although you can't tell...the yarn in the picture above is actually a beautiful shade of blue. (The light seems to make it appear to be gray.) I am attempting a hat....but I know when I start decreasing, at some point, I will need to switch to dpn's (double pointed needles). I watched a tutorial on how to do this and it seems easy enough..but having never done it before ~ I get nervous! ;)

So far, I am enjoying knitting in the round. :) If you are a knitter, do you prefer just using dpn's or do you like the circular needles? Also...if you have any favorite patterns, whether they are hats or mittens or dishcloths...I would love if you would want to share any with me. I have a bunch I have used...but always love finding a new pattern! :)

Below is a picture of Jaxson. He's sitting in my chair in my bedroom, enjoying the AC while reading a book. :) I love the chair! It used to be my mom and dad's...but they got a couple matching chairs for in their living room so they passed this one on to me...it's so pretty and super comfortable!

Hope you have been enjoying your weekend! It's been hot and humid here in PA. Like I said in THIS post, I am so, so thankful for AC. ;)

***I wanted to share with you about something on my left sidebar that I have added. There is a section that lists a few shops that I love and trust. I may add some, over time, as well. I'm not being paid to advertise for them or anything...I just like their products and thought that some of you who read my blog, may like them too! :)

Wishing you an enjoyable week ahead,
Katy :)

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee,
and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
~Numbers 6:24-26

7 comments:

  1. It is very hot here too, Hoss our horse is just standing under our tree and sweating.

    Your knitting is so pretty, good luck on the hat. I have yet to try it.

    I like the new shops in your sidebar, great idea!

    Enjoy your Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried knitting in the round yet ~ but I'm hoping to graduate from dishcloths to socks this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katy,
    I love seeing pictures of your knitting. I haven't tried knitting yet, but hope to give it a whirl during the fall/winter months.

    It's been really hot and humid here also this weekend. Lots of A/C time. I did manage to get 2 turns of black raspberry jelly made. YUM!

    Great idea of listing the shops.

    Thanks,
    Nicki in WV

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://daveswife.wordpress.com/June 28, 2010 at 8:15 AM

    Hey Katy,I've been stalking you for a few months!☺
    I taught myself to knit last Dec. So far I've made dishcloths,(that I love) hats (3. only one that I didn't rip out), fuzzy feet slippers (6 I think), socks (on 4th pair), sweaters (on second one. I believe that's all. I love this knitting. I'm gong through a nasty phase right now and besides the Lord helping me... this is a soothing activity between flowers, gardening, canning, grandkids, church, and my small business. My hands always have needed to stay busy! I'm actually a quilter from way back... here is link to my post on the hat. Link to pattern is there. stay true to the Word, love them little ones and the "boss"! in Christ,daveswife,~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so cool you won the giveaway on Party Wishes. I hope to own a business like it one day. She's got some great ideas, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was very hot and humid here the weekend and now a nice cool front is coming through and it is just beautiful today.

    I have never knitted in the round but my gram did when she made sweaters for me. I want to get back into knitting soon. I am crocheting some dish clothes for Christmas gifts but I may have to relearn to knit again and make some things that way for Christmas like slippers.

    I will check the shops out on your sidebar when I have more freetime but for now great idea to know where they are.

    Have a great week.

    Anne F.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ilove the circular needles for projects like shawls and stuff..
    i need to get to learning how to do a hat..i havent tried it yet..

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy