Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Homemaker-in-Training

Madelyn is my best helper around the house. I am not sure if it is because she is my oldest child, a girl, or because I just expect it from her? Whatever the reason, she is a definite homemaker-in-training! :)

She loves tieing on her apron when helping with chores or baking...


I bake anywhere between 2-6 loaves of bread a week. It just depends on how much we use it or if I give any away. Madelyn likes to help with it, when she can! :)

She does a great job with the kneading!

I am quite certain that she will be a fantastic bread-maker someday! While the first rising took place...Madelyn and I watched Homestead Blessings: The Art of Breadmaking.

While the bread rose for the second time...we played "Go Tell it On the Mountain"...a Christian version of the game *Go Fish*.

Putting the bread in to bake...

We made 2 loaves. We gave one loaf to a friend and her family...and kept one for our family to enjoy!

After the bread was finished...Madelyn and I each enjoyed some of it, folded some clothes and then invited my mother-in-love over to watch a couple more of the Homestead Blessings DVDs that I purchased and mentioned about HERE. We watched The Art of Gardening and The Art of Canning. We really enjoyed them! :) If you would like your *OWN* set...there is a giveaway going on HERE for them!!!! :)

Madelyn isn't always *joyful* about doing certain chores or tasks around the house...but we're working on it! She does love when I let her help me bake...but isn't always enthusiastic about the cleaning part. Training is just that, though. Helping her to learn *why* we do things and *how* to do things properly. :)

I am quite thankful for my little homemaker-in-training. She's my only daughter and a wonderful *side-kick*! She has such a lively and bubbly spirit and loves to laugh! So...to go along with my *I have boys* post....here is my *I have a girl* post! Children are *such* a blessing!

And...if you are busy, raising a homemaker, as well....you may find this new site helpful: Raising Homemakers. :)

It's been a long and busy day, today...so I need to go. Dinner needs made and I am really looking forward to rest tonight! :) Off I go! Have a great day! :)

15 comments:

  1. Hi Katy,
    I love this post. I have 3 daughters and they love helping me around the home and with the baking! Is this your same bread recipe Amish Bread? My family has enjoyed the Amish bread. I didn't know if you had found another bread recipe. Love your blog:)
    Sharon
    sharonmorrow91@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, she looks adorable. She reminds me of my oldest daughter. I have 2 girls and my oldest is my mini Homemaker. She helps so much and loves to bake and cook. I enjoy our time together in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girls are wonderful...so nice to have help and have fun at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's wonderful that you're raising your daughter to love the pleasures of homemaking. And it's also awesome that you're teaching her to joyfully accept the drudgery of it as well. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH WHAT FUN! My mom worked from home - so it was "don't bother mommy just go play with your sister" upbringing. What a JOY she has such a great mother and mentor!

    great job!!
    Stef

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the shots of your little homemaker! You are doing a wonderful job with her. I know you give God all the praise.
    I made a loaf of bread today as well. I believe we do use the same recipe. I find I have trouble not eating about 4 pieces w/butter and honey when it first comes out of the oven! Oh, it's the best that way!!! :)
    Glad to see you got your DVDs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so nice to see daughters taking after their mommies who love to tend to the home, such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are raising one fine beautiful young girl.Good Job!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pictures. You have a lovely daughter. Thanks for sharing. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So wonderful to see your little girl helping out. Mine is 3 and I a starting to teach her these things by letting her help with what she can.

    On your bread I am getting ready to start making my own so I don't have to buy that. What is a good receipe and how do you cut it to toast it and use it for sandwiches and such. Please can you share any and all hints about bread with me as I a new to this venture in life. Thanks. Here is my email annefischer215@aol.com. I appreciate your help as always.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can I ask how long it took your DVDs to arrive? I ordered after I read about them on your blog! :)K

    ReplyDelete
  12. My H.B. DVDs arrived just this past week. :) I am sure yours will be arriving soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am sure she will make a wonderful homemaker in her own home when that time comes. It is wonderful you two can enjoy time together as Mother & Daughter while teaching her.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for responding--I'm looking forward to getting them!! :)K

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet girl you have there. I've been wanting to get these dvd's too, I'm glad to read that you liked them. I'm also glad that God led you to keep posting :-)
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy