Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Knitting in the Round...dpns

Previously, I posted how I have started knitting a hat in the round. I started on circular needles...but as you start to decrease your stitches, you have to switch over to dpns (double pointed needles). So I am excited to show you this picture (above)...I made the switch on to the dpns and all is going well, so far. I pray I am doing it right. It seems as though I am. The pattern is still looking good. I guess we will see how it finishes up! *fingers crossed*

The pattern for this Baby Pixie Hat that I am knitting is located HERE. **Please note, however, that if you try to knit this one, there are some corrections located in the comment section that you will need to use! :)


While out today, I found the basket pictured above. I think it is great! :) (Small and simple things give me great joy!) I love the idea of putting my soaps and dishcloths in there. I saw it from Deb's blog and loved the look of it! :) **She has a super cute dishcloth pattern on the link I gave, as well!**

Today was absolutely gorgeous! Blue skies, super comfortable temperatures, a nice breeze...the perfect day! I had clothes out on the line and weeded out in the garden for a couple hours. The boys went to "work" at my dad's garage (where my mom's office is)...and had fun there for a bit today...so Madelyn and I went out and got some lunch together and ran some errands. Then we came home, played Yahtzee and then read for a bit and then snoozed. :)

Today was just one of those days that you just take a deep breath of the air in and let it out in a long, deep sigh of contentment. I hope you enjoyed your day too!

Kindly,
Katy :)

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee,
and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
~Numbers 6:24-26

8 comments:

  1. Your hat is coming along. I am excited to see it when you finish. It was cool her today also. So thankful for that. We have been staining an arbhor for the garden and it was so much nicer with a breeze. I like to put things in baskets to. I got a few more of those baskets with the chalk boards from Lowes. My youngest Son & I enjoy playing yahtzee too. Blessings to you & yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that knitting looks like too much work for me!!!

    yesterday definitely WAS nice! i almost called to see if you'd want to meet at Jo Ann's... but i lost motivation! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katy,
    Your hat is coming along nicely. I love to see the progress on everyone's crafts.

    Yesterday was beautiful here also. Hubby and I took the kiddos to his company children's fishing tournament last night and really enjoyed ourselves. There was a nice breeze going and it wasn't hot at all. My 2 daughter's placed in the tournament. After fishing, they roasted hotdogs on the bon-fire and made smores.

    Family time is the BEST!

    Love the basket. I'm a collector of baskets also. Picked a huge one up at a yardsale the other day and it now has some yarn and cross-stitch supplies in it right beside my "nest" on the couch for easy assess! LOL!

    Board games are the best too. I LOVE all kinds of games. Right now though....we're addicted to playing "Hands and Feet" card game.

    God Bless!
    Nicki in WV

    ReplyDelete
  4. i cant wait to learn to use the double pointed needles..i need to get some and just start...
    cant wait to see it finished..i love knitted hats..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the basket idea for holding the soaps and dishcloths. Looks so nice! I'm not a knitter, but I do have some of Deb's dishclothes that I purchased a while back. I'm going to have to keep an eye out for a basket so I don't have to hide them in the drawer anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful blog. I have not knitted since I was in middle school. I need to start again since I am going to be a grandmommy in September. Thank you for sharing. Simple things also give me such joy.
    Blessings,
    Bren

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katy, that looks like a hat already. I can see it. lol
    Keep going... I can't wait to see it when you're done. whooHoOo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like how you put your dish soaps and cloths in a basket next to your kitchen sink! (And, I feel like a kindred spirit, because I tweak my decorations often like you!).

    Do you sell any dishcloths that you make? 'Cause I'd be interested in buying!
    :)
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy