Monday, June 28, 2010

Playing on the Windy Hill

So technically...the place we picnic on my inlaws' property isn't called the Windy Hill. ;) But if we *did* name it, I would definitely think that would be appropriate! Despite the hot and humid temperatures, the weather at the pavillion is usually pretty comfortable because there is usually a signigicant breeze! :)

If you look in the photo above, you can see the swings that they hung from the pavillion. Isn't that a great idea? It's so nice to swing there! Everyone sets up chairs around the fire ring, as well (and of course, blankets on the ground for my baby nephew!) :)

Last evening, we went and enjoyed a picnic with friends and family!
Big Boss working on some plans for something he and his brother are trying to create....


Madelyn's hair is getting so long! I love it! :)

Jaxson and one of my nephews, digging in the mud....

Xavier...always on a bike ;) . My inlaws' got a few bikes at auctions to keep at the pavillion for all the grands to ride! The boys don't care if the bikes are pink. :)

Pa (Big Boss' dad) with Jaxson and my nephew...

X riding *through* the mud (he couldn't resist) ;)

Big Boss and his brother...

Madelyn and her cousin...

Hide and seek! No peeking, Madelyn! ;)

Great hiding place X!!! :)

The boys, just before this picture was taken, were *in* the corn field....

Madelyn, snuggling her smallest cousin (isn't he a doll? I love all my nephews!)...

Today, I awoke early and went downstairs. Read and ate some breakfast and then started my chores. Started Chris's coffee and made his lunch, did dishes, got laundry started and did some general cleaning.

Then, after Chris went off to work...the children and I got busy cleaning. The boys' room didn't look too bad...however, if you took a peek under their beds ~ you would know their room didn't meet my standards for a *clean* room. So we all got to cleaning and rearranged their room just a tad, for something new.

Since their room is pretty small...I think I may get some "under the bed" bins so that I can organize some of their stuff in them and put them under their beds. That way, things will be in their proper places and plus, then there won't be room for them to push stuff under their beds! :)

I must admit, I think I need a nap. It's not even 3pm yet and I am exhausted! I have a roast in the crock pot for supper and the children and I will make some cookies later for dessert (and for Chris's lunches). For now, though, I think I will take some time to work on my knitting while listening to it rain! :)

Thank you for visiting and I hope you are having a great day! :)
Kindly,
Katy

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee,
and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
~Numbers 6:24-26

5 comments:

  1. Looks like all had a great time at your in laws pavillion.

    The bins under the boys bed are a great idea. I have that in my little guys room for storage and to keep them from putting stuff you don't want under there bed. I have done that exact same thing.

    It finally cooled off here and it has been wonderful today with a nice breeze coming in. I got up extra early and got my work done before the kiddos woke and now I am getting ready to do some reading while my little girl naps some. YOur roast sounds good in the crock pot. We had that last week.

    We really don't need anymore rain here for a while so I hope it stays at bay for a bit. To much and to many nasty storms that have produced alot of damage around the area.

    Enjoy the rest of your day. God bless all of you.

    Hugs,

    Anne F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katy,
    It's so nice to get together with your in-laws and enjoy some family time. The kids look like they enjoyed themselves.

    I agree with the bin idea for under the bed. My son's are 15 years old and still put things under there. LOL! Must be a boy thing.

    Our weather is suppose to start cooling off now. We've had some storms that have did some real damage also, but we still need rain. A nice drizzle will do my gardens nice.

    I love the convenience of putting a roast in the crockpot. It's a fast, delicious, and filling meal and you don't feel like you've spent the whole day in the kitchen.

    Have a nice day!

    Nicki in WV

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so nice your family gets together at the pavillion to share time together. My boys and I like to build a fire at night and set around it. I find it to be relaxing for me. I love your boys quilts on their beds. Madelyn's hair is lovely & she looks like her Mom. Blessings to you & yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katy,

    Thanks so much for your comment and bringing the Facebook page problem to my attention. I had just set up the page that day and had no clue the link wouldn't work. I'm going to try to see how to fix this tho I'm having no such luck right now. Gah Facebook hates me!

    Sarah (Salad For Breakfast) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the kids are always so adorable..
    wow, what a pretty piece of land, looks so relaxing..

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy