Saturday, June 5, 2010

This little light of mine...

...I'm gonna let it shine! :)

If you read my last post...you will know my heart and thoughts about if I should continue blogging or not. Well, I have prayed about it. I didn't expect an answer so quickly...but I *do* believe I got one. I don't question God...but rather, want to always be sure that what I *think* is an answer to prayer -- actually *is*. Let me tell you what happened....

I was reading my Bible, in Hosea, after I had prayed about things. I kept reading and thought aloud "God...this isn't where you want me to be reading." I had been laying in bed, on my side...so part of my Bible was on my bed and the other half of my Bible, I held open with my right hand. Well, all of a sudden, I guess I lost my grip on it or something...but some of the pages flopped down and my eyes landed on what my Bible had opened up to. It was the book of Luke. Chapter 8...verse 16...

No one lights a lamp and hides it in a jar or puts it under a bed. Instead, he puts it on a stand, so that those who come in can see the light.

And then I prayed and asked God if this was my answer? I am still not sure if it was just an accident that my Bible opened up that way...or if it *is* the answer God was giving me. And like I said above...it isn't about questioning God, it is the part about *knowing* if it *is* the answer from Him, or not.

I received an abundance of emails from many of you, sweet readers, who shared your thoughts with me. I was blessed by each and every one! Thank you :). They helped me to see that the Light is shining from my blog. He *is* using me and this itty, bitty home on the web...to shine on others. I am so, so glad! :)

So, I think I will keep on letting His Light shine through my blog...because that's the way I feel He wants me to go. If He ever directs me differently, though, I will obey. :) I am going to disable the comments though....at least for now, and see if that is a good thing or not. Please feel free to drop me a line via email if you want. I will happily respond, when time permits. :) I enjoy the comments I receive...I just don't like to get "hung up" on the number of them. I hope that makes sense!

Again, thank you for visiting and for your loving emails. I really *do* appreciate them! :)
I hope you have a lovely weekend!

Warmly,
Katy

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
~Numbers 6:24-26