Tuesday, June 22, 2010

VW Cruise

Saturday my dad and my sister took the kids on a Volkswagon Cruise. :) They did this last year, as well. My sister has the yellow bug and the red bug belongs to a family friend. (I have a red VW bug that looks very similar to the one in the pics...but it hasn't ran in years and years!)

The boys rode in the *buggy* (as Jaxson calls it) with Aunt Nen....

And Madelyn rode in the red *buggy* with Pop-Pop....

My sister, with baby bean in her womb...

And off they go!!!


The kids had a lot of fun! :) I was so glad that they all got to go. Such great memories for them!

Quickly, before I go....I just had to share this funny thing with you. Yesterday, for no particular reason, I wore a pair of jeans. I haven't worn jeans in *months*. But I just decided to put a pair on.
Well, after my shower, I was in the kitchen doing dishes...and Madelyn walks in and says, "What are you wearing?". The shocked look on her face made me laugh as I said, "Jeans". Then she informed me that I look skinnier in jeans.
Hmmm....well, I suppose she was trying to compliment me...but considering I wear skirts most of the time...I am wondering what that means about how I look when I wear them!? ;)
Chris came home from work and walked into the kitchen and stared at me with a puzzled look on his face too. It was so humorous! Smiling, he quizzically looked down at my jeans and I told him I just felt like wearing jeans that day! ;)

It's raining as I type, with a little thunder and lightning as well. I am so thankful. The gardens need it. We were out working in the garden last evening. We stayed busy through the day, as well. From baking bread, hanging out laundry, cleaning and working on schoolwork with X...the days are full and accomplished. :)

I hope you are having a good week. I'm so glad you stopped by for a visit! My life may not seem super exciting to most...but I appreciate that you take an interest and take the time to read! :)

Kindly,
Katy :)


The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee,
and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
~Numbers 6:24-26

10 comments:

  1. What a fun day. Your sis looks so cute with baby bean. Just love the smiles on the kids faces. They have joy in there hearts and it shows. smiles,Angelia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I want a bug. My dream is to one day own one. I would choose either a light baby blue one or an orange one.
    Your jean comments were too funny. Its funny how much people notice the simpliest changes we make.
    Enjoy your day Katy.
    Blessings,
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved seeing the VW cruise pics. I love those cars, my hubby had one in his younger days and I would love to have one, one day.

    I loved hearing about you wearing jeans and what your daughter's reaction and hubby's was. Change is nice and it surprises people and that is worth it. My change has been to wear more skirts and I love to see the smile my hubby gets when I walk out of the bedroom with one on.

    Hope you have an awesome day. We have had so much rain here I am hoping for it to stop soon. Loads of severe weather that has not been fun. Enjoy.

    Anne F.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the old cars, they just don't make 'em like they used too:( Love the tale of the jeans, LOL, thanks for making me laugh, my son leaves for Ft. Benning, GA one week from today so my emotions are just all over the place, I think as Mama's we will always worry no matter how big they get!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe, that's funny about the jeans. I walked into the Goodwill store a cuople weeks ago with shorts on and the sales clerk just about had a fit when I checked out.......she's used to seeing me in long skirts. It was funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those VW's are such cute cars! That was funny about the jeans! I get the same reaction only in reverse. I rarely wear a skirt and when I do it's a major deal (to everyone but me LOL).

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like a fun ride.
    have a lovely wednesday..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bugs! I just saw one in our town over the weekend sporting a light blue new paint job. I'd love to own one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had a wonderful day! And the weather co-operated :)
    LOVE the bugs!! They are just too cute, and in my favorite colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Katy,
    Looks like everyone had alot of fun. We always call them "Slug-Bugs!" LOL! I'm sure that they are alot of fun to ride in and drive. Love to see pictures of smiling faces!

    Have a great day!

    Nicki in WV

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy