Thursday, July 1, 2010

Knitting in the Round....Finished!

I have officially finished my first ever knitted-in-the-round project!!! :) I really enjoyed it and it seemed to go quickly! Switching over from the circular needles to the dpns was not difficult. If you are leery of trying it, I encourage you to google it and read a tutorial on it...it really isn't hard at all! :) If you want to see pics of when I first started this project you can go HERE then HERE.

The pattern I used for this is located HERE...although I didn't go up into making it into a pixie hat...I stopped short and closed it up. :) Like I said in a previous post...if you try this pattern, please go to the comments of the post for corrections to the pattern in the decreases!

I loved the look of the *inside* of the hat as well...so I took a picture of it too, to share! ;)

It has been a beautiful few days here in PA and I am loving them! :) The children and I went to a couple yard sales this morning...now I will work on housework, tax collector stuff and some knitting. I also plan on getting some laundry out on the line! I hope you are enjoying your days and thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit me. :)

Cheerfully,
Katy

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee,
and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
~Numbers 6:24-26

4 comments:

  1. Love the hat! You should try knitting socks on DPN's...so fun!! Have a blessed day!

    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katy,
    The hat turned out nice. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I'm trying to get started on some craft items that will be gifts for Christmas.....but with summer here....it's hard to find the time.

    Our weather has been great also! The kids and I got some garden weeding done this morning and several loads of firewood split and stacked. It's so nice to get some outside work done without passing out from the heat.

    Love going yardsaling. Hope to get to some in a little while. Have to run into town for some errands.

    Have a nice day!

    Nicki in WV

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab, well done you, looks wonderful, heres to many more in the round projects xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy,
    You are so talented, the hat is beautiful! What a great job you did! I like your dishcloths as well but they look too pretty to do dishes with. My Grandmom's friend used to knit them years ago for me and I still have them in my hope chest because I thought they were too pretty to use! LOL I cherish homemade items. Hope you have a truly blessed day.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy